NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
goku21

Mozlapunk speculates

source: Mozlapunk:

An old "insider" from last year may have been telling the truth when he/she stated on the IGN message boards that when using Nintendo's next home console you will "see games in a way you never imagined".

Flashman from the Zogdog forums has noticed that a person who posted on the IGN forums in December last year claiming to know what secrets the Nintendo console codenamed "Revolution" holds may well have been telling the truth. At the time he/she was laughed off by many, as most people who claim to be in the know are, but with information that has recently come to light, his/her claim takes on an edge of reality.

The poster, who went by the pseudonym of "nthngsshcking", made many statements but firstly we must look at how this person ended their post, he/she wrote: "Kodak Theatre = Mushroom Kingdom!"

At the time this meant nothing but lately some lucky people in the press industry, such as IGN.com, have been recieving invitations to Nintendo's pre-E3 media briefing and included with that invitation was this brochure.

As you can see, Nintendo is now referring to their E3 presentation at the Kodak Theatre as "Mushroom Kingdom" just as the IGN "Insider" stated last September. What does this mean?

Well one of two things, either the person was a very good guesser on all things Nintendo or he/she is legitimate. Now if the claimant is legitimate then some of the other statements they made need to be looked at under a different light. When Flashman from the Zogdog boards revived this "Insider's" old thread from IGN, the IGN moderators locked the thread and removed it, because either they don't like old threads or for some other reason. Luckily Flashman saved the important bits from "nthngsshcking's" original post. Here they are.

"I have followed the rumors and speculation on this board regarding Nintendo’s “Revolution” since its inception.

It is at times torturous to see the most dedicated base of any gaming company have to resort to gossip and guesses as to what to expect from Nintendo’s next generation offering.

It is for this reason that I have decided to share.

I cannot offer anything to you in terms of my identity. I cannot offer anything in the way of proving what I am saying to you is factual. However, you will ultimately find that you need not worry who I am, for all I say will come to pass. But I suspect you know my name…

So here’s the scoop. I’m tired of watching you beautiful fans endure the torture of knowing so little, so I will share with you enough to help you understand the magnitude of what’s coming without saying enough to reveal who I am.

I’ll say this before I begin spilling the proverbial beans. Remember 1985? Remember when saying “Nintendo” meant video games in general? This is what Nintendo is aiming to recapture, and believe me, they will!

Let’s start with a question:

1. Why have we yet to see even a glimpse of what a “Revolution” game will look like?

Most seem to assume this is because Nintendo does not want the focus of their next generation games to be on their graphics. This is not entirely wrong, just a little uninformed. That being said, the graphics are essentially the same as a souped up Xbox. What you all are ignoring is that the graphics for the Xbox360 are arguably only the same as a souped up Xbox as well. Graphically, in terms of traditional graphics, the systems are equal. In terms of presentation, you will be astonished by what the Revolution holds, and it is indeed the final secret Mr. Miyamoto hinted at. Prepare to see games in a way you never imagined, and you don’t need a silly helmet or visor to experience it. As a matter of fact, a video demonstration of what “Revolution” can do circulated the internet weeks or months before E3, and then conspicuously disappeared. Such a sneaky little box! I’ll leave the rest to you!

Well…I can’t resist.

A final hint…

Think hard about the controller and what type of graphical presentation would suit it best! It’s so easy! Oh, and the controller is indeed meant to attract the casual gamer, because they'll so badly want to experience what they're seeing!

2. “Use the right side of your brain!”

As many of you have correctly stated, the right side of your brain is the creative side. So what was Reggie hinting at? Again, it’s so easy I don’t need to say it! You’re given all of the components you need, and some general structure. The rest my friends, is up to you!

3. Indeed a revolution, but in code name only. It’s 1985 all over again…

4. Wi-Fi will open doors you never would have predicted. It’s all so obvious though if you think about it, but it’s so hard for me to say without saying too much! If you’ve figured out what I’ve already hinted at, picture how the ability to download monthly offerings will that much more enhance your experience!

5. The Classics.

Many for free just for joining…one free a month…Itunes pricing per each additional first party title. Third parties will bundle 3-5 each with a new game purchase.

6. The price is right…you’ll just have to trust me!

7. Kodak Theater = Mushroom Kingdom!

I’ve said enough. What I’ve shared should be enough to get you all cooled down a bit.

Never underestimate Nintendo."

We've already seen that one of this informants claims has proven true, that being the Kodak Theatre/Mushroom Kingdom one. The person also claims that the Revolution, graphically speaking, is equivalent to a "souped up Xbox" but that the way it presents games will separate it from it's next generation competitors. He/she postulates that there will not be a "visor" or "helmet" forthcoming from Nintendo as part of their Revolution system and makes some huge statements including "Prepare to see games in a way you never imagined", a comment that is similar to many we have seen before by "fakers" but considering the current circumstances, cannot be taken so lightly. The "insider" also claims the Revolution will be so popular that Nintendo will retrieve their position of their glory days of the mid 1980s when their name was synonymous with video gaming.

He/she writes that the way the Revolution presents games is simple but yet something we never imagined and they tell us that a video demonstration circulated the internet before last December that showcased what the Revolution "can do" and that it mysteriously disappeared soon afterwards. These are some intriguing statements to say the least, much speculation will be derived from this we are sure. Can any of our readers remember a video from that time period that fits that description?

Anyway, MLP says take all of this with a barrel load of salt but it's some food for thought to tide you over until the sensory exploding extravaganza that is the 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo. Not long now.

I´ve read that too last year, and it´s really strange that he knew that the Kodaktheater´s gonna be a big super-mario-world...strange - and: try to debunk that!!!

nintendoinviteyoyoyoyma7jo.jpg

Nintendo have stated time and time again that they want to attract the kind of people who are normally scared off games with the Wii, a visor would clearly not do that, nor would having to wear 3D glasses.

Some kind of projection has been hinted at many times by Miyamotu, Iwata, Reggie and plenty of people online claiming to be insiders. Is such technology affordable at a reasonable price though, and how would it work? I really can't see it but then again we're waiting on this final secret that will apparently surprise us all and it was said that it was something hidden under the flap.

God knows what it is, all we can do is wait till E3. The one thing that makes me highly doubt it is the Red Steel screens we were shown which just looked like standard screenshots. Who knows, all I know is I'm getting very excited about E3 - Regardless of what happens, I just want to know :yay: :yay: :yay:

Yeah but the guy who claimed Kodaktheater=mushrom kingdom knows it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That´s the point with this thread...

Yeah but the guy who claimed Kodaktheater=mushrom kingdom knows it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That´s the point with this thread...

True but in what way will it be the mushroom kingdom? Will the Wii project a giant mushroom kingdom that fills the room or will it simply mean members of the crowd have to wear Mario/Goomba masks. I agree though, it is rather strange.

Come on guys you've only got 10 days left to wait. Lets quit the pointless speculating and just wait. There's got to be something else you can do. For instance i'm going to revise for my exams.

And it's not holographic 3D projection.

Come on guys you've only got 10 days left to wait. Lets quit the pointless speculating and just wait. There's got to be something else you can do. For instance i'm going to revise for my exams.

And it's not holographic 3D projection.

To be honest those are exactly the remarks you wont find at MLP. Why? Because speculating IS fun. C'mon, we're gamers, this is a forum, speculating is part of what makes gaming communities fun, isn't it?

Yeah its fun when everyone's coming up with wacky ideas, and everyone else is contributing, but then it turns to flaming and before long somebody's poked an eye out, and you won't be laughing then. Nope it'll be all tears and screaming and then i'll have to get the mop. Damn kids. *Finishes unpacking groceries*.

We all know the third secret is going to be a urinal anyway.

(i'm a little drunk btw) what in the name of zueses butt hole is this video he talked about (the one he said was already out months before or something)???

probably that video of the 3 D stuff running around real objects in the real world. With that car driving around a real table and shit

What is interesting is that not every ticket said "Mushroom Kingdom." Some were green and said "Hyrule" (Joystiq got one of these), some were blue and said "Yoshi's Island" (GoNintendo) and there were some spotted that were yellow and said "Wario Land." I don't know that this guy knew anything, but it is interesting that Nintendo has done this with their invites.

The different place names on the invites leads me to believe that its just a Nintendo way of telling them where to sit.

WTF is this thread going on about? Just can't be arsed to read it all, sorry folks.

Nintendo's presentation was held at the Kodak building last year and I'm pretty sure it was the year before that too. So it's no big deal. And the Mushrrom Kingdom thing, who cares? It's just Nintendo using their IPs as part of their company identity.

Clutching at straws much?

I think it would mean what area to sit in.Mushroom Kingdom at the front,Hyrule at the right,Yoshi's Island at the right and Wario Land at the back.Or it was just randomised and set out in a random order for people.

To be honest those are exactly the remarks you wont find at MLP. Why? Because speculating IS fun. C'mon, we're gamers, this is a forum, speculating is part of what makes gaming communities fun, isn't it?

I agree. I dont like it getting to out of hand but this thread hasn't yet, so it's fine by me.

What else are we meant to do? Not post on the board till official statements have been released? Well believe me there would be like six topics on the 'Wii-Board' if that was the case and thats dull.

It's been fun speculating what the hell the Wii can do!

:awesome:

As a scientist I'm inclined the believe that the Mushroom Kingdom was not a guess.

But I imagine the Kodak theatre employs cleaners and staff.. that would probably have access after hours to such information.

I'm not sure whether I should believe this.

I want to- but it leads me back to the question. If Nintendo have the technology to do this, why is Sony and Microsoft not experimenting with it.

I find it hard to believe Nintendo is 'betting' on the underdog and hoping that the mass market loves it.

This new way of presenting games sounds like a really big thing.. much bigger than HD.

Nintendo won't let us down with minute secrets.. I'm sure of that. It would be anti climatic and the press would be licking their salivating tounges over empty notepads because they have nothing interesting to write..

I'm inclined to believe it's a big deal- that's for sure.. but this really is too vague to be considered as insider information.

It's the same tune with a different piper.

As a scientist I'm inclined the believe that the Mushroom Kingdom was not a guess.

But I imagine the Kodak theatre employs cleaners and staff.. that would probably have access after hours to such information.

I'm not sure whether I should believe this.

I want to- but it leads me back to the question. If Nintendo have the technology to do this, why is Sony and Microsoft not experimenting with it.

I find it hard to believe Nintendo is 'betting' on the underdog and hoping that the mass market loves it.

This new way of presenting games sounds like a really big thing.. much bigger than HD.

Nintendo won't let us down with minute secrets.. I'm sure of that. It would be anti climatic and the press would be licking their salivating tounges over empty notepads because they have nothing interesting to write..

I'm inclined to believe it's a big deal- that's for sure.. but this really is too vague to be considered as insider information.

It's the same tune with a different piper.

I agree with you in the sense that Sony and Microsoft should of come up with the idea as well if it's that revolutionary, but Nintendo are all for innovation. They don't release the same product upgraded for their next-generation systems do they? They are always looking for new ways to play!

I don't know what to believe anymore, but i'm pretty sure it's going to really surprise us either way!

I just hope Sony haven't copied Nintendo's idea and show it off at this years E3. Surely they wouldn't........::shrug:

Well if they did...i think everyone would slate them anyway.

I just hope Sony haven't copied Nintendo's idea and show it off at this years E3. Surely they wouldn't........::shrug:

Imagine Iwatas and Reggies face if they did.Reggie would kick ass.I don't think they will because it would really just show that they are copying Nintendo.

Actually.... they have many names for the press cards. For example, Etoychest guy got card which says "Hyrule".

If Sony do though, where would that leave Nintendo! So mayby Nintedo are going one step further with the console to ensure it's uniqueness.

To be honest no one knows do they!

Sign in to follow this