NEurope
djamb3

Ign has a new update for tonight.A solid one! Maibe megaton!

http://theboard.zogdog.com/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=11&showentry=1115

Bozon-IGN from IGN confirmed on the forums that there will be something big later tonight. Here is what he has to say:

Ya know. A day of it already is enough. Screw calling it Rev or Wii.

We've got some sweet stuff for you today. wink.gif

(Figured these boards need a "non-Wii" topic)

RyltarX Responded:

RyltarX posted:Thanks!

Sorry about all the hate you've been getting from idiots, too.

Bozon-IGN Responded:

Hey man. Everyone felt different when they found the news out. I was pissed. Still don't like it, but everyone has their opinion.

Plus. I had a little fun with the whole thing (insert crappy photoshop Iwata, haha).

He Responded Again:

As soon as we can.

Don't expect Nintendo to drop a big bomb. I'm just sick of seeing our boards so one-traked... we've got some cool stuff for ya tonight.

Matt Charms in:

Oh, Lord.

Bozon is banned from the boards.

Seriously, there is no megaton tonight. Do not get hyped. Do not. Please... don't.

We've just got a solid update.

Matt

The Article: (Requires IGN Insiders)

It looks like to me we will be getting something good tonight. Some with a Ign subscription please check regularly the thread.

show us some screens shots please of wii titles of course
Hmmm that's cool, but i'm not going to stay awake today... it's probably just a solid update... impressions of the developers about the console, etc, now they can pull those out as most of the secrecy is gone, but I don't think we'll see screenshots or anything major...

Its a Madden Wii blow-out. Interesting article and seems that EA are really taking Nintendo's controller seriously, with multiple games being worked on simulatneously

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/703/703727p1.html

IGN Wii: How big is this group?

John Schappert: Well, we're really not talking numbers, but it's a good sized group.

IGN Wii: So it's already working on multiple Wii projects?

John Schappert: Yes.

also interesting

IGN Wii: Obviously, Wii is not going to have the graphic horsepower of competing next generation consoles. Some developers have called it a "GameCube 1.5" Would you agree with that estimate and how are you maximizing on the graphic capabilities of the machine?

John Schappert: I don't think I would agree with the GameCube 1.5 estimate. I would say that I think the Wii should be evaluated by itself. I think it's a unique device and I think what makes it unique is the controller. As for graphics, we'll be showing Madden in 480p and 16x9 widescreen mode running at 60 frames per second. I think it looks great. I think it looks really good. It's also kind of hard for me to judge any of these machines before they're final. We get updates to all kinds of hardware quite often as the stuff is being revved and it's always getting better. I can tell you that we had a couple of guys from Tiburon come by and they hadn't gotten hands-on with the controller, aside from some demos. They thought Madden for Wii looked stunning and played great. So my answer is that it's a unique system and we're going to maximize our power for it. I think the games are going to look really good

Did anyone catch this part?: edit - BGS did in the other topic

You know, the buttons are all still being mapped out. It does use the trigger buttons right now. I don't know how much we'll have locked in for you at E3 because we are still working on the final button layout, but it does use the trigger buttons, and it does use the accelerometer in the nunchuck unit as well for juking.

Guess it's confirmed then!

Juking is a quick dodge to the right or left when running towards a defensive tackle. Usually handled by L/R buttons but now youll be probably be able to flick the nunchuck right or left

Matt in the podcast also said that there was a rumor of anouther retro game in the works other then metroid prime.

Matt in the podcast also said that there was a rumor of anouther retro game in the works other then metroid prime.

now that would turn some heads

With all the rumors floating around, who knooows. But I heard the "other" game Retro is working on is Icarus. I never really played Kid Icarus myself, but everyone really seems to have been glorifying it lately, so who knows.

My guess is Kid Icarus for Retro. They have proved themselves to be trusted with the Metroid series, they're moving on to either that, Donkey Kong, Ice Climbers or even StarFox.

My guess is Kid Icarus for Retro. They have proved themselves to be trusted with the Metroid series, they're moving on to either that, Donkey Kong, Ice Climbers or even StarFox.

I'd really like to see them go back to Raven Blade, that was looking really promising before it cancelled. Nintendo don't tend to cancel something though unless it really should be cancelled, my bets on Kid Icarus.

I thought Kid Icarus was a terrible game.....................but then again age just doesn't do some games justice.

Kid Icarus was awesome but extremely difficult. It makes sense that this would be on Wii as its been rumoured for ages.

I thought that new Madden Wii interview was the thing they meant. I doubt there will be anything else.

I really want Raven Blade ,that looked realyl good.What happened to Gladeon or something ,did that get canceled aswell?