Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sadness

Stocka

It's more of a conceptual trailer but here's the link anyway

http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/816/816122/vids_1.html

The trailer was great, they substituted gameplay for a woman acting! And I thought endless CGI teasers were annoying. When was this released? Have we seen ANYTHING since?

Duke Nukem Forever actually has gameplay footage. There are videos of the game running in about four different game engines and three different physics engines. The constant technology switching is what has been delaying the game most.

I acknowledge the design idea of Sadness, but it's just a design document at best, and not a game. You can put me with 'fake', as it's not a game.

I've seen a few things from Duke Nukem forever, actually at one point it looked pretty solid, remember the famous screen of the dead cop with tenactles coming out of his mouth?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_Forever

From 3D Realms:

"No, you cannot pre-order the game. If you see some online store saying "We are taking pre-orders", they're just trying to get your money (they usually also make up their own supposed "insider release date info", too). There is no release date set, we are not taking pre-orders for the game. End of story.

Once we begin taking pre-orders, believe us, you'll know about it. :)

The release date of this game is "When it's done". Anything else, and we mean anything else is someone's speculation. There is no date. We don't know any date. If you have a friend who claims they have "inside info", or there's some game news site, or some computer store at the mall who claims they know - they do not. They are making it up. There is no date. Period.

And yes, we know the game has taken a long time. There's no possible joke you could make about the game's development time that we haven't already heard."

I think Sadness will turn out this way, however not in such an epic way!

MCJ: Put me down for it not being released!

Ah mcj... you changed it. First you had 'is it real', to which I answered 'yes', but now you've got it as 'will it be released', and in that case I'm not sure, probably no.

im sorry it seems im the only person who actually thinks its fake:) So I want someone to at least agree with me:)

I'd say Sadness is real and will be an awesome game, because.... they say so on their website! I'm quoting: "Sadness will be a AAA title". Haha.

Seriously, I think Nibris is real, but the company doesnt differ that much from an indie developer, apart of being an official DS/Wii developer (apparently). I think they're being too ambitious and lack the PR skills other developers have. They announced Sadness way to early, when it was just in conceptual stages. They make fool of themselves by announcing more and more titles without ever releasing real footage, apart from ROTR, which should have been released last year. I dont think they even have a publisher.

So while I think the company is real and they're serious about game development, I think they're being too ambitious. If Sadness gets a release on Wii at all, it'll either not meet up to expectations or their team has grown tenfold to complete it.

It'd be better if they focus on DS first. Develop 2-3 titles in the first year, rake in some cash and expand the studio to develop Wii games.

Ha! There you go! And you lot thought this game was fake... ;)

Maybe Nibris has been following this thread. Let's keep the skepticism going. We might get a screenshot at this rate. :yay:

Edit: I've just noticed how cool the Sadness logo is.

Nibris finds Sadness in the Fog

Fog Studios' clientèle expands today, as Polish developer Nibris announced it had signed with the entertainment industry representation firm. Nibris currently has the gothic-themed Sadness in development for the Nintendo Wii. Announced last April, Sadness is a historic action adventure set in the 1930s and presented entirely in black and white. Of the deal, FOG chairman and CEO Ed Dille stated, "When we evaluated Nibris and their highly anticipated Wii title Sadness, we saw a [high] level of creativity, passion and devotion to innovation."

Some more news