NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Nintendo Live?

Survey says: Nintendo setting sights on Xbox Live

the following topics were tapped by the Nintendo Wi-Fi survey

# Comparing game stats with your friends, enemies and loved ones.

# Uploading screenshots, including those proving that you got all the shines.

# Posting user-made content, such as art and videos, and rating the content of others.

# See what your friends are currently playing

# Creating or reading blogs linked to the Nintendo Wi-Fi site.

# Scheduling specific times to play against friends.

# Submitting strategies and tips to a central to help those in need.

# Personalizing the WiFi.com homepage.

This is great news. I personay LOVE xbox live. And this also proves *sort of* that Nintndo plan to make the Rev work with a keyboard (which wasn't a suprize since they plan on making a Browser for it).

Yeah I think with the USB slots we'll just be able to plug in any keyboard although I'm sure Nintendo will release an official one. Its basically Xbox Live combined with MySpace/Deviant Art by the looks of that which is pretty much what Nintendo should be trying to do for their online service. If they implement all those features and do it well and just have a universal friend code or 'nintentag' (gamertag) for all games then they'll have a top quality online service.

i've got a nintendo US account set up and I got this the other day and yes all thoughs questions and others were in it, you had to rate them from 1 - 10, 10 being really important.

A standard lobby where players can just chat, make games with anyone not just the people whoo's friends codes you have, that would maek WFC soooooooo much better.

Hmm, brilliant. Hoefully Nintendo will listen and pay attention to what people reply with.

All that and for free. No yearly subscriptions for my online gaming.

Such rumbilings have been going around the joint for awhile - by the looks of things a Live-style system will be gracing all three consoles this gen. There are so many Nintendo franchises that simply need online gaming option to make them totally irresistable, (MK, SSBM, Wario Ware,) The genric shooters, racers and mountains of MMOs set to dominate the software librarys of others will see Nintendo claim quite a nice competitive edge. If they can offer their service for free, they're going to make the opposition look stupid.

A standard lobby where players can just chat, make games with anyone not just the people whoo's friends codes you have, that would maek WFC soooooooo much better.

I think having gamertags/friendcodes so you can see when your friends are online and arrange games is fine but you should be able to play against/with anybody on the wi-fi connection in most games, although the likes of Animal Crossing should use the friendcode/gamertag system in my opinion, I don't want just anyone visiting my village. However, having a universal friend code would solve any annoyance that such a system may cause.

Nintendo has to improve their service because soon Microsoft will fight back. Rumours already go around that XBOX Live will be free soon. According to varous sources MS plans to buy Massive Inc. - a advertising company (mainly for games and stuff). So I guess MS could offer a free XBOX Live account financed through advertisment whereas the paying customers will have a add free premium package.

Nintendos advantage of free + easy online gaming would be less interesting.

I hope Nintendo do this; it would be awesome. The NintendoWiFi site at the moment is SO shit. They don't even have Tetris or anything on there. The American one is a little better, but the european one is one of the worst big company sites i've seen.

I hope Nintendo do this; it would be awesome. The NintendoWiFi site at the moment is SO shit. They don't even have Tetris or anything on there. The American one is a little better, but the european one is one of the worst big company sites i've seen.

Makes sense, Tetris hasn't come out here yet.

yeah having individual friend codes sucks. i havent added anyone yet cause it is too much hassle.

I bet Nintendo can make a great service, but undoubtedly they will advertise on WFC to get back some of the cost.

I hope that they borrow the Achievements idea off Live. That thing is very addicting and adds more life to the games you play.

the nintendo europe WIFI site is a joke, it was weeks late in arriving then its been updated once since with news. It takes all of its info directly from the US site anyway, they really need to sort it out cause at the moment you can't do anything with it, when metroid is released you wouldn't be able to track your stats etc:(

EDIT: on a side note, anyone noticed the revolution europe mini site is missing?

http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/black/enGB/#

Yea the europe one is pretty bad.This is great and I hope they take some thing's from Xbox Live,would be a really good thing to have.

I hope Nintendo do make a kick ass online service. Sure, WFC is nice, but a Live type enviroment would really rule.

The website is really bad, though the gamesa seperate pages and stats are getting better. MPH has been better than MKDS and THAW so it might just be in toothing stages, hopfully soon it'l be even better, especially for Pokmeon: Online!

the US site is really good and the strange thing is that if you select nintendo WIFI from the UK site it takes you too the US site, so they know its rubbish.

I reckon it will be basic, but significantly make up for the lack of processing power because real life pwnz artificial intelligence.

well in the Game Informer interview didn't Harrison say that nintendo were looking to cherry pick the best bits of live.

I think I read it somewhere.Hope voice chat will be included in the game.So much potential here.

I'm hoping for voice chat in-game too, especially for co-op online games, this is needed!

Looking at what MP:H does on the DS I'm sure they're going to "up" the service for the Rev!

Considering the console is now the "Nintendo Wii", using that name to emphasise "we" as a gaming community, should we expect HUGE things from their online service? As this is the way "we" can all game together?!

Sign in to follow this