N-Europe

Final Fantasy : Advent Children

Calza

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In some respects it is cash in. But the quality of the visuals as you would expect from SE was great, and the final fight between cloud and a certain person was just great.

Also there were also little minor details which just added to the film. Like the girl with the kupo teddy bear. And that guy had the 'won the battle' theme as his ring tone.

I had to download the main theme song. The guitar riffs just make it that much better. Infact I think I enjoyed the music more than the film. I can only say that there were two parts I really enjoyed.

When they take down Bahmut with the whole I'll throw you into the sky thing. And when Cloud does his finishing move on Sephiroth. And says something like: Stay like a memory (I need to watch it again)

I want to watch it on the Japanese Audio setting though, I think some of the Characters have better Japanese voice actors.

My copy arrived this morning, I was also a little disappointed with the English voice actors. Having watched the Japanese version a million times you start to realise how much of a better job the voice actors over there did.

Plus you don't get the whacked-out lip synching which sorta puts me off. The DVD does come with a Japanese audio option though which is good. Also, the recap video of FF7 was garbage, I don't see how anybody who hasn't played the game before would ever be able to remotely follow it.

Peacemaker= WORST VOICE ACTING EVER!!!

Anyway back to the film. I've never played FF7 before so yep, nothing made too much sense to me. I knew about Sephiroth and all that junk, but everything about the lifestream was just confusing. And Kadaj's mother is a box and leaked all over the floor? Why did thay guy have Jenova remains in the first place.

Peacemaker= WORST VOICE ACTING EVER!!!

And Kadaj's mother is a box and leaked all over the floor? Why did thay guy have Jenova remains in the first place.

I always thought it was because rufus owned shinra, and jenova was one of their experiment?

that is not debatable. anything japanese made always sounds much much better in japanese then in english.

Anything sounds much better in Japanese. :heh: [/end Wapanesity]

Anyway, I shall be purchasing advent children... I haven't actually seen it yet, and I have played FF7, so I should hopefully enjoy it.

To those of you who saw the japanese version, how high level is the linguistic side of it? I mean, in terms of how much talking there is, the difficulty of it, and how much you need to understand to enjoy it?

To those of you who saw the japanese version, how high level is the linguistic side of it? I mean, in terms of how much talking there is, the difficulty of it, and how much you need to understand to enjoy it?

I'm assuming there'll be subs...