NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Pizza

Who else doesn't want to see the shell?

That would be cool.And you could use a DS screen for a map or something.But I would still prefer the FHC or a shell though.

i keep flip-flopping on this issue and now im back to wanting a shell but i only want to use it for VC games a\. The GC controller's d-pad is too small and oddly placed to play SNES games comfortably

Plus i want to sell my GC when i get a Rev and it will be hard to do if i have to keep the GC controllers for virtual console games

If Nintendo added a couple more buttons (nicely and uncrouded) somewhere then I reckon they wouln't need a shell.

I have no problems with the shell. It's just an integral part of gaming to have a complex controller and you can't just ignore it if you decide it's stupid.

I doubt it'll be used all that much though.

If they added just a couple more small button's like Kurt said.We won't really need one.

That defeats the point of the damn FHC.

Nintendo tried doing it with the cube, and gave into developpers by adding the Z button and they have to draw the line somewhere.

The benefit outweighs the tiny loss of having to have a shell.

...by adding the Z button and they have to draw the line somewhere.

Not Z-button, D-pad. In first proto of Gamecube controller, B-button was on the place of D-pad.

Not Z-button, D-pad. In first proto of Gamecube controller, B-button was on the place of D-pad.

Wow! Glad that never happened! Also wasn't the Z button just added so they could go 1st person view in SMS?

Yeahh, we would of seen a lot more ports if there was a Z2 button

Yeah, the N64 Z button was totally essential for creating the pivot based targetting system in OOT, which then became a standard in the industry.

That would be cool.And you could use a DS screen for a map or something.But I would still prefer the FHC or a shell though.

Umm... The ds already has the configuration for a snes controller.

I think he’s referring to the buttons, the DS has all the same buttons the snes has.

It’s strange to think what this shell will turn out like...

Nintendo will probably try and make so it works will all the Virtual Console games, including megadrive, which means it would need an ABC XYZ, but I can imagine they would be positioned in a manner so that the A,B,X and Y of the snes would fit in with them so the buttons would adopt a kind of diagonal slant to keep them fitting in position.

One thing that bothers me is if they use this method, when playing a megadrive game and it says "HIT B" you'd be pressing the wrong button since the Snes B and the Megadrive B are in different positions.

I don't want to see the shell used for too many games as I feel most often it'll just get used for lazy ports, however certain games may just work better on it and if the developer feels the shell is best suited for that type of game then fair do's.

I think largely though it'll be used as an alternative for people who don't own gamecube controllers and want to play Virtual Console games. As for the virtual console control schemes? I think its most likely you'll be able to choose your own configuration.

The Revolution needs a regular control method and regular games. I don't want all of Nintendo's beloved franchises to go all gimmicky. The free hand controller doesn't have the limitless potential we might all like to think it does.

This new controller isn't going to work effectively with all types of games. I'm fairly skeptical it'll even work effectively with most established genres, let alone create several new ones.

I'll be honest, it all seems very finicky to me. I guess I'm just not as big of a fan as I used to be.

many 2d games i think will be best using the shell even 2d games with analog movement like smash brothers is probley beater with the shell. fhc will be much beater for full 3d games like shooters, light gun games, 3rd person games ect.

Sign in to follow this