Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Guest Jordan

The last good Fifa World Cup game was the '98 one (that actually freaking owned at the time). However 2002 was really really bad, so we'll see i guess.

I hope its more like Fifa 2006 for the current consoles and not like the terrible 360 one.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jordan

The textures, water and lighting are... astounding.

Shame the frame rate jumps around sometimes (though this may be to do with the demo being quite old and the fact that its running off the HDD)

The textures, water and lighting are... astounding.

Shame the frame rate jumps around sometimes (though this may be to do with the demo being quite old and the fact that its running off the HDD)

Tomb Raider 360 = PC with Next gen setting @ MAX?

Guest Jordan

The "classic rare characters" bit wasn't true.

The fright pack has some awesome looking ones: Ash, Deep Blue and Pummelweed mostly.

Kameo masquerade pack = random as hell, but costume 8 is awesome. PDZ Joanna Dark!

Thanks for the heads up about Kameo. I played Tomb Raider before going to bed and I am really impressed with it. Gone are the clunky controls of the old games, I love how everything runs so smoothly. Graphically the game is pretty sweet especially the water effects.

EDIT: WHAO theres me thinking I had beaten Kameo and they go and put more Acheivements in the game. I cant wait to play co-op now!!!!

Ah, I don't think I'll spend money on these typa games, burnout, tomb raider, battlefield etc. I'd rather not "waste" my money and save up for Too Human, Mass Effect and Gears of War. Man those games are gonna be the biggest stuff at E3 since they'll be playable there....

The "classic rare characters" bit wasn't true.

The fright pack has some awesome looking ones: Ash, Deep Blue and Pummelweed mostly.

Kameo masquerade pack = random as hell, but costume 8 is awesome. PDZ Joanna Dark!

I'm fairly sure Vella from Jet Force Gemini is in there, which gets a big thumbs up from me. Seems there are a lot of Killer Instinct costumes in there which are sure to please fans, too.

This is a quote from someone on the Gamesradar forums and I completely agree with his point.

Have you noticed, especially with Current Gen remakes - & even certain titles specifically made for the 360 that the graphics are only superficial? By that I mean you're basically playing as a character in a plastic world. Nothing changes - when Lara walks on sand say, do her footprints leave a mark? When you shoot an enemy does he stay there? This is Next Gen, things shouldn't be vanishing into thin air! In Far Cry when you walk through grass or bushes do they sway? No, you just walk straight through them. It's like a model.

Too many game developers are going for graphical overhauls & forgetting what Next Gen should really be about. Interaction with the environment. Take something like Black or the upcoming Stranglehold. The whole play area works & interacts as you play. It's all find & dandy making that floor/table ect look better but when it does nothing it ruins the immersion.

Ubisoft Rep came into work today (got a free copy of the new PoP game :D) and said his boss (presume his immediate boss, not like Mr. Ubisoft) has been dropping hints that they're releasing a game on the 360 next month. Allegedly its shares its name with a film, but is not based on it. Also it has apparently been released on previous consoles, but didn't state which.

Dunno if hes lying (if he was, it would be a weird thing to lie about) but thought I'd share that riddle with you guys.