NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Competition over studs

No talking... it was just weird. Only the droids spoke. Laziness.

Those two things are amazing.

Although I'm baffled as to why achievements were the first thing on the list...it makes it sound like all the things on your list are insignificant.

Not much fun in general

You have spent too much time around Jayseven and his "funny smelling tobacco"...

:nono::indeed:

Well, maybe there is more enjoyability in the single player game, but we only got it for the co-op aspect and after about 1-2 hours we simply felt we weren't having fun. There's no denying something we both just know was going on, or... not going on.

You have spent too much time around Jayseven and his "funny smelling tobacco"...

:nono::indeed:

that makes lego games better, i dont know how people could find them fun without drugs

Even on drugs I'm not sure how you can find lego games fun...

Love your avatar btw skunky

I really enjoy achievements :) makes the games more fun to me.

You achievement whore.

To me there's no difference between achievements and trying to beat your mate's high score on Tetris. It's just bigger. I love it, it gives a sense of satisfaction throughout the game, not just as you master a new move or beat a boss or finish a chapter or complete the game, but a way of saying "wow, I beat 500 of them!" or "awesome, finally mastered a 20 hit combo" or "hell yeah, beat it on the hardest difficulty!". Plus they're a great reason to go back and play a game a second time.

I'm with Shorty. Love achievements myself but don't go hunting for the tough ones specifically (100 kills with x weapon in Gears springs to mind).

Speaking of which, have you played GoW with your gf yet Shorty?

I like achievments as a bi-product, they're cool, nice additions, but they don't make or break a game and have no influence at all on what I think about a game. I play to play, I don't play for e-penis, if while I'm playing I happen to get achievments, OK cool, but doing boring things, finishing mediocre games or mediocre parts of games, playing with the purpose of getting achievments is something I can't get behind and certainly says a lot about why people play games.

This is of course, my personal stance, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyway, have been in Uni for quite a while to study for exams, will probably stay 3 more weeks, haven't played 360 in ages...

If I already like a game, then I'll try to go for achievements, but they have no bearing on whether I like a game or not. They're a fun extra tbh.

Indeed, but thanks to them I played through Condemned like 5 times (loved the game so it was all the better) Depending on the game they can really give it more life.

yer, achievments are a beast, they made me do all the extra shit on bioshock, made it well better. And makin me play GTa a lot more now

Indeed, but thanks to them I played through Condemned like 5 times (loved the game so it was all the better) Depending on the game they can really give it more life.

Is Condemned worth getting (cheap)? I played a bit of Condemned 2 and I hated it. Oh wait, that's because I'm a fanboy. Scratch that, I loved it. Just for kickers, is the first one worth it?

Is Condemned worth getting (cheap)? I played a bit of Condemned 2 and I hated it. Oh wait, that's because I'm a fanboy. Scratch that, I loved it. Just for kickers, is the first one worth it?

Yes defo worth playing the first one. I prefered the first to the second.

get the first, its goood. One of me fav 360 games

I didn't really get into Condemned when I bought it. It sat there for a year and I started it when I was bored and ended up loving it. You have to be in the right "mood" I suppose? Yeah, the first one is better in terms of atmosphere and story, but Condemned 2 has much better combat.

Surely not the achievement debate again.

We're on page 943 now. Have you not learned? This has to happen every 22 pages!

I didn't really get into Condemned when I bought it. It sat there for a year and I started it when I was bored and ended up loving it. You have to be in the right "mood" I suppose? Yeah, the first one is better in terms of atmosphere and story, but Condemned 2 has much better combat.

Yep i agree, i didn't like how the story went in the second to be honest, the first one just felt more atmospheric and creepy and better to play through.

I like achievments as a bi-product, they're cool, nice additions, but they don't make or break a game and have no influence at all on what I think about a game. I play to play, I don't play for e-penis, if while I'm playing I happen to get achievments, OK cool, but doing boring things, finishing mediocre games or mediocre parts of games, playing with the purpose of getting achievments is something I can't get behind and certainly says a lot about why people play games.

This is of course, my personal stance, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyway, have been in Uni for quite a while to study for exams, will probably stay 3 more weeks, haven't played 360 in ages...

Your thinking of Gamerscore here really, there's a difference between Achievements and the Gamerscore you get in reward. Good Achievements are new challenges, stuff you wouldn't normally do in a game.

They add things to do, which really can't be a bad thing.

Condemned is brilliant! For me it was the best launch game that was on the 360. So go buy it!

eBay has it for about $14. Pretty tempting! I played the first level a while back, loved it, but whenever I tried to load the second level it froze. Luckily it was a borrowed copy :)

You guys seen Project Origin? F.E.A.R is still probs my fave shooter ever, and PO looks so damn awesome it's unbelievable.

Project Origin looks pretty fantastic, Activision has mowed F.E.A.R into the fucking ground.