NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I'm getting really pissed off with the 360's lack of backward compatibility with some game. I want to buy MGS Sons of Liberty, Chronicles of Riddick and Brothers in Arms RTH30/EIB, but I can't play them... :nono:

This has been driving me nuts! I bought MGS2 on the original xbox over a year ago and it still hasn´t been added.

You should try owning a PS3. I want to play Shadow of the Colossus without having a PS2 hooked up.

That's funny considering PS3's BC was hacked and is now software based.

That's funny considering PS3's BC was hacked and is now software based.

So are you saying it's now possible to copy the 'backwards compatibility data' (or hack it) onto a standard 40Gb?

(I know this is a 360 thread btw people)

So are you saying it's now possible to copy the 'backwards compatibility data' (or hack it) onto a standard 40Gb?

Not sure you understand what you're saying, but I don't think so it's not very feasible

Yeah, because it certainly isn't working for me. Would be good if it was as it would mean I could play Okami without having to keep the PS2 out.

Not sure you understand what you're saying, but I don't think so it's not very feasible

You've confused me :wtf: Are you saying PS3 backwards compatibility works or not?

Rockstar Games' parent company today announced that the first of two pieces of downloadable content for Grand Theft Auto IV will miss its release estimate and now won't be available until between November 1st 2008 and January 31st 2009. The dates represent Q1 in the Take Two's fiscal year 2009, with the only reason for the delay being that it provides "better balance" to the company's release schedule.

The episodes are exclusive to the Xbox 360 version of the game, which the company also announced as having sold around 8.5 million units to date.

You've confused me :wtf: Are you saying PS3 backwards compatibility works or not?

PS3 80gb backwards compatibility works for americans. :sad:

*Rings Bell*

Halo 3 > Saturday night > 9 o'clock. Bring fluids and cheese.

That is all.

Well, it doesn't work at all with 40 GB ps3, works completly (via emotion engine/hardware) in 20 gb and 60 gb ntsc ps3 (there aren't 20 GB PAL PS3s anyway), it works partially in the 60 gb PAL and 80 gb ps3 , because it's emulated via software (like 360)

*Rings Bell*

That is all.

Color me interested, haven't played in a while. Also I suck, but I see if I can make it just so you can make fun of me.

That's fairly appalling. Ok, so my only reason for ever buying a PS3 has gone down the shitter.

Well, it doesn't work at all with 40 GB ps3, works completly (via emotion engine/hardware) in 20 gb and 60 gb ntsc ps3 (there aren't 20 GB PAL PS3s anyway), it works partially in the 60 gb PAL and 80 gb ps3 , because it's emulated via software (like 360).

Which means all currently sold PS3s wont play PS2 games, and the one I own doesn't either. :smile:

*bring conversation back to Xbox*

That's fairly appalling. Ok, so my only reason for ever buying a PS3 has gone down the shitter.

So your only reason towards buying a PS3 would be to play PS2 games on it? :blank:

So your only reason towards buying a PS3 would be to play PS2 games on it? :blank:

Yup, upscaled PS2 games would be great. And maybe as a Bluray player too.

Has anyone tried the Civ Rev demo? Any good?

Also would anyone be interested in buying GTA IV? £32 - only been played once.

*Rings Bell*

That is all.

Im there probally. If i can get a new headset..

*Rings Bell*

That is all.

I might make an appearance.

And me too, depending on if Ninja Gaiden II turns up today.

*Rings Bell*

That is all.

I´ll propaply show up, If I´m not too busy with stuff.

Im there probally. If i can get a new headset..

You need a fucking headset to play? It's not impossible to play without it :P Sometimes it's impossible to play WITH it.

Just saw the saints row 2 trailer, wow it looks super fun! :D Gonna preorder. I enjoyed the first one.

Just saw the saints row 2 trailer, wow it looks super fun! :D Gonna preorder. I enjoyed the first one.

Where? I wanna see it.

*Rings Bell*

That is all.

I'd prefer CoD4, but sure, count me in.

I just discovered that you can use your own backgrounds on the 360. And that it's stupidly simple to do.