NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I think in this case it's understandable, the graphics and physics are absurdly good, and the online multi player is more then enough to make up for it.

Every order I've gotten from shopto have always come within a great time period. Pre-orders always comes on the Thursday or Friday the latest. Normal orders come really quick aswell, Rock Band I ordered on a bank holiday weekend. It came on the Tuesday, I think.

I like the sound of Game having these codes aroud most of the time. I might use them more, with the reward card aswell sounds pretty good.

The first order I made with Shopto took about 2 weeks to arrive. Can't remember what it was, just a regular game I think, but I was very put off. Although its probably more the fault of Royal Mail to be honest.

Microsoft using Blu-Ray is much more interesting than Apple finally upgrading to what has been standard for quite a few years.

yeah but Blu-ray has been in a console for almost 2 years now so it's hardly ground-breaking.

and as far as I'm aware 3g isn't that widespread atm in America (Apple's major market)

so yeah neither is amazing but I think in geek world the iPhone edges it

I'm not bothered about the 3G use, it's software related stuff I'm after. I still fail to see how this upstages, or is even related to what Apple will be doing the same day.

Who really cares if they can play Blu Rays on an Xbox?

Who really cares if a mobile phone with low-functionality (in terms of mobile phone cabability), small install base and high price gets a firmware update or a new version that is slightly thinner and does what your old phone did your ages?

Rumor: Metal Gear Solid coming to Live Arcade

MGS might be following its tactical steps onto the PS3 and PSP, via an Xbox Live Arcade infiltration. This is not too surprising, since the series has made its way onto non-Playstation consoles a number of times, and Microsoft even published MGS for the PC release.

I expect you’re asking how we know, or who our source is. Lets just say a reliable individual tapped into our codec frequency after spying the game on a certain pre-release network. We shall say no more - nudge nudge, wink wink - except this; there are problems in bringing Kojima’s masterpiece to this new playing field.

Naturally, rumours can turn out to be false, so we’ll bring you more information as it becomes available.

I hate Sony for having this on the Japan PSN but making no attempt to bring it to Europe. Hopefully this will make Sony sort their lives out...but I doubt it.

Just tried the ET: Quake Wars demo.

Eurgh.

Made worse by the game costing £40, the (better) PC version can be had for £8!

Been reading what happening at that Japanese Xbox conference: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/880/880407p1.html

Tales of Vesperia out in 2009 in Europe (NOOO)

Unveiled Star Ocean 4

Infinite Undiscovery out in September

I'm pissed at the 2009 date of TOV for Europeans. Its one of my favourite RPG's....the Americans are getting it in August this year! Bastards.

Asian (not Japanese) version will probably be region free and in English. Buy that.

Asian (not Japanese) version will probably be region free and in English. Buy that.

You've made me happier. That game looks awesome. :smile: :smile:

tales and star ocean on 360?

wow. way to go MS! I hope star ocean is not turn based. I hate em

Its going to take a little more than 4 RPG's to sway that Japanese market, lets be honest.

Anyway, news round up (because i'm nice):

• Tales of Vesperia is heading to Japan August 7th with a bundle, demo out this month in Japan. No word on US or EU release as of yet.
  • Star Ocean 4 coming to XBOX360 in 2009, previously a PS3 exclusive.
  • Infinate Undiscovery is being released in Europe 5th Sept, US 2nd Sept.
  • Last Remnant to have the first true world wide RPG release winter this year. This is before the PS3 release.

You know, i have to admit i couldn't actually give a crap about any of these titles.

95% of RPG's bore me to death tbh...

Well Infinite Undiscovery isn't particularly good and from what I played of Last Remnant, its not much better.

I doubt this will make any difference to 360 in Japan but at least Microsoft are trying.

@ Jordan: If thats the case, none of these will interest you. ;)

The only decent games Square has put out in the last couple of years have been the spin off FF games in my opinion. I really enjoyed Crisis Core and FF CC: Ring of Fates (however the latter got stupidly hard and Crisis Core was so incredibly melodramatic at times it had me laughing.)

This isn't really an attack on RPG's in general. But they all feel pretty much the same apart from a combat system here or there and generally speaking the stories are so incredibly cliché when they are supposed to be this huge involving master piece.

I mean, the only RPG that stands out for me that i've heard of is Persona... mostly because you can blow your own head off.

I agree completely, they normally bore the living daylights out of me but I know a good one when I've played one and IU just isn't cutting it while LR, from what I've seen, although it graphically looks much prettier don't look any better.

Hello, Lewis Speller

We're pleased to inform you that you have been selected to participate in the Tom Clancy's EndWar Private Beta.

You now have access to the full EndWar Beta website at xxxx and can begin posting on the forums.

Your username is: xxxx

If you have forgotten your password, please click here.

Don't forget to check out the "how to play" section for helpful information on getting started.

The EndWar Beta will be ready for you soon and once it's available for download we'll be sure to let you know.

Click the following link to go check out the EndWar Beta website and get the latest information:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-Li C. Kuo (aka QuidProKuo)

Community Developer, EndWar

Ubisoft Shanghai

Awesome awesome awesome!

:D

Star Ocean 4: First on 360

Producer says PS3 version may or may not be released.

by John Tanaka

June 10, 2008 - Star Ocean 4 was announced today as being in development for the Xbox 360. But as we specified during our blog from Microsoft's big RPG press conference in Japan, the game wasn't strictly referred to as an Xbox 360 exclusive title.

So is the game coming to the PS3 as well?

Square Enix producer Yoshinori Yamagishi cleared things up during a roundtable interview session that followed the press conference. Asked if the game is 360-only, he said, "We cannot announce anything on that. We can say that it will be released first [on the Xbox 360]. Whether we'll release it on the PS3 is undecided. We may release it, we may not."

Looks like, as with Last Remnant, 360 owners get this Square Enix epic first, but PS3 owners may get their own version in the future as well!

source: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/880/880441p1.html