NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I got mine on release so i guess im fucked then

Still 10 days before the guarantee expires, so not necasarily.

I have been reading on the xbox forums about a fair few failures recently, so I'm guessing if it's going to go it's going to go soon.

3 months is a ridiculously short gaurantee period though, I hope they aren't doing what Sony did with the PS2 and designing them to fail around the end of guarantee time.

aye suppose your rite m8 10 days left but i never play on mine

so when it goes past the guarantee will i have to pay to get it fixed ??

i need some help, i just switch the xbox360 on, every thign working fine, however when get close the area that the xbox 360 is in the a distintive smell there, on further investigation the smell is coming from the back of the 360, threw the ventiltion holes the smell its self is not a burn smell, its just a odd sort of one,

does anyone else know about the smell i am on about?

i have got a belkein pure av surge protector, so hopefully it won't catch on fire, but the smell is driving me crazy,

aye suppose your rite m8 10 days left but i never play on mine

so when it goes past the guarantee will i have to pay to get it fixed ??

Why did you get one if you never play it?

Why did you get one if you never play it?

well i did play on it when i first got it but after a while you get sick of playing the same games

av got

dead or alive 4

condemned

pgr 3

pdz

and im sick of playin on them am waiting for new games to come out

well i did play on it when i first got it but after a while you get sick of playing the same games

av got

dead or alive 4

condemned

pgr 3

pdz

and im sick of playin on them am waiting for new games to come out

You've got Live, haven't you, 3 out of 4 of those games give a decent online game, so no need to get bored there.

aye av got live m8 but i get sick of playin the same game over and over again

its fun for a while but then i get bored

just the way i am. i wish i could play the same game over and over again but i cant

aye av got live m8 but i get sick of playin the same game over and over again

its fun for a while but then i get bored

just the way i am. i wish i could play the same game over and over again but i cant

It's probably more a case of the people you play with than the games themselves, I find I can play the same game over and over when I've got a decent bunch of people to play with/against.

It's probably more a case of the people you play with than the games themselves, I find I can play the same game over and over when I've got a decent bunch of people to play with/against.

Thats totally true. Like I stopped playing cs ages ago, but one of my friends recently got it and some other friends play too so sometimes I play with them.

We got like that with Halo 2. It seems that if you can find a decent group to replay a good game with, your enjoyment skyrockets.

Hope your Xbox is sorted out soon mate, I'm sorry yours got busted (I'm aware how hypocritical this is regarding my actions towards Owen, but you know how him and I are). Keep us posted.

We got like that with Halo 2. It seems that if you can find a decent group to replay a good game with, your enjoyment skyrockets.

Hope your Xbox is sorted out soon mate, I'm sorry yours got busted (I'm aware how hypocritical this is regarding my actions towards Owen, but you know how him and I are). Keep us posted.

No problem mate, doesn't sound hypocritical to me at all, not once did I lord having a 360 over the late pre-orderers, nor did I buy every single game available and brag about it. And to be honest I'm not cut up in the slightest that my 360s died, nothing worth owning one for at the moment that I haven't already played to completion. I'm pretty much assured of getting mine (or a refurbished/new/whatever) back in time for GRAW and anything else coming along that month (none of which I have pre-ordered).

Really Owen could learn a lot from my attitude.

Hey guys, i've noticed that there's been some hot tempered moments in this thread. Not just recently, but over other pages as well. Try and maintain a nice atmosphere around this thread. After all, it would be a shame to let such a thread become tarnished. Any more problems, or if you feel there is a problem that goes beyond this thread, then contact an admin or a moderator.

Cheers.

Hey matt, when can we see some pics of your screen? I've been wanting to see it all week now!

But you have to send that, too, because the fault might be with the hard-drive.

He's right. If Owen's given us anything he's given us valuable information on the repair process. If you really don't want to lose your saves your best bet is to buy a memory pack and dump everything you want to keep onto that. Demos and the like can be redownloaded, but I doubt anyone would want to sit through the entirety of Perfect Dark Zero again.

He's right. If Owen's given us anything he's given us valuable information on the repair process. If you really don't want to lose your saves your best bet is to buy a memory pack and dump everything you want to keep onto that. Demos and the like can be redownloaded, but I doubt anyone would want to sit through the entirety of Perfect Dark Zero again.

I would've done, but by the time I got a chance to get hold of a memory card my 360 had totally died so no way to transfer them.

What I'm thinking of doing though is buying a memory card anyway and send it round some friends with similar game saves to what I had, that way I won't have to go through games like RR6 and DoA4 from scratch to get all the costumes/cars.

Whats everyones high score on geometry wars has any one hear survived 1,000,000 my high score is about 1,013,000 so im a long way off that achievemnet the game gets very hard but is one off the most addictive games on 360 for me.

I would've done, but by the time I got a chance to get hold of a memory card my 360 had totally died so no way to transfer them.

What I'm thinking of doing though is buying a memory card anyway and send it round some friends with similar game saves to what I had, that way I won't have to go through games like RR6 and DoA4 from scratch to get all the costumes/cars.

That sucks, man. Could you not take your hard drive to his, attach your memory card and then just copy the saves over that way? That's if Microsoft haven't already popped around to collect it. If so, curse them and their bastard speed.

Could you request they keep your saves? I'm sure you wouldn't be the only one upset about the prospect of abandoning all your hard work. Of course your idea works great, too. Probably the easiest of your options.

That sucks, man. Could you not take your hard drive to his, attach your memory card and then just copy the saves over that way? That's if Microsoft haven't already popped around to collect it. If so, curse them and their bastard speed.

Could you request they keep your saves? I'm sure you wouldn't be the only one upset about the prospect of abandoning all your hard work. Of course your idea works great, too. Probably the easiest of your options.

No, none of my friends with 360s are within easy travelling distance, so no way to transfer the saves at all really.

I have requested to MS that my Hard drives contents be either transferred, or if there's no problem with the hard drive I get the same one back, wether or not it does any good is another matter. I'll just have to wait and hope for the best really.

Hey matt' date=' when can we see some pics of your screen? I've been wanting to see it all week now![/quote']

Here we go, chap. Sorry it's not THAT good of a photo. It looks lovely in the 'flesh'. And you can see my lovely white Gamecube, too!

hd.jpg