NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I don't care about points either, but why are people always so negative towards those who actually want to unlock the achievements in their games? People who buy games specifically to boost their gamescore, sure.. that's pretty dumb.

However since I started playing games as a kid i've always liked to beat them fully. Things like 100% completion on Metroid, all the heart pieces in Zelda, all the cheats in Goldeneye, etc. Achievements are just a natural progression of this and let you show them off to the world.

I'll also add that I don't bother getting the points if i'm not finding the game fun. Example - Call of Duty 2 Veteran achievements. Dying every 10 seconds isn't fun. Playing Perfect Dark Zero for anything isn't fun, so i've only got a couple of those.

once u play COD2 veteran for like 3 levels, you get good at it, and its a walk in the park, well most of it, some bits are fuckin solid.

I know this hasnt got anything to do with the 360 but i cant seem to find an offical ps3 thread and im sure some of yous will be wanting the ps3 aswell, i could be wrong tho :heh:

Well, it sure does look like Spring outside, and where's the PS3? While it is doubtful that the much anticipated console will see release this quarter, Sony has decided to make its presence known with a private showing of the console in San Francisco tomorrow.

Courtney Simmons, a spokeswoman for Sony Online Entertainment, explained that the event will detail Sony's strategy for the PS3 (launch date, pricing and online plans, quite possibly) and attendees could get a sneak peek at the games set to be shown off at E3, coming up in May.

With the event only hours away, stay near your computer as we'll update with any details that come our way.

Source GAF

Iv got gameplay open and ready to pre-order if the price is decent

Oblivion confirmed for March 24th release in Europe! YEAH! :yay:

Rockville, MD - March 2, 2006 - Bethesda Softworks® and 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that the highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls® IV: Oblivion™ has gone to gold master and will be available in stores in North America and Europe during the week of March 20. Oblivion will be available for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC in both regular and collector's editions.

"Our most ambitious project ever is finally done," said Todd Howard, executive producer of Oblivion. "We're excited to get the game into everyone's hands and let them experience it for themselves. We hope they enjoy it. I think it's our best game yet."

Oblivion is an epic, open-ended single-player RPG for the next generation providing gamers with one of the most life-like gaming experiences to date. The powerful combination of unprecedented graphics and freeform gameplay allows gamers to unravel the main quest or explore the vast world at their own pace. Oblivion is the fourth chapter in the award-winning Elder Scrolls series that includes Morrowind® (2002 RPG of the year - Computer Gaming World), Daggerfall™ (1996 RPG of the year -- PC Gamer), and Arena (1994 RPG of the year - Computer Player).

"Oblivion will set the new standard for next generation gaming and change the way role-playing games are viewed forever," said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. "We set very high goals and ensure they are reached because that is what our fans deserve and have come to expect from Bethesda Softworks. We are very proud of our team's accomplishments with respect to Oblivion."

Oblivion has already garnered numerous awards and an impressive collection of accolades, including being voted "RPG of Show" in 2005 by the Best of E3 Game Critics Awards. Oblivion ranks as one of the "Most Anticipated Games of 2006" according to PC Gamer, GameSpy, IGN, and Yahoo Games among many others, and has been featured on nearly thirty magazine covers worldwide.

"Oblivion is one of the most anticipated video games of 2006 and its release will be a milestone for the Xbox 360 and PC," said Christoph Hartmann, Managing Director, 2K Games. "A shining example of next-generation role-playing, Oblivion breaks new ground in the genre with unparalleled graphics, revolutionary gameplay and an expansive RPG world."

Oblivion for Xbox 360 and PC, co-published by Bethesda Softworks and 2K Games, has been rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB.

OMFG OMFG OMFG :ooooooooooooooooooooooo I can't wait anymore

Oblivion confirmed for March 24th release in Europe! YEAH! :yay:

Just whatched a vid from IGN and graphics looks amazing but not my kind of game :(

wont be gettin this 1

OLD

lol these pics have been out for ages.

But yet, still amazing. Still I wouldn't buy this game.

Burnout revenger, Oblivion, GRAW, the outfit and BF2:MC.

You forgot:

Fight Night Round 3

NBA 2K6

NHL 2K6

Far Cry

Oh and BF2:MC has been delayed to April! :)

The best month EVER for releases for a very long time, in my opinion, but my god we have had to wait a LONG time for it.

Burnout Revenge is, amazingly, the only game I want in that list. I'll probably get Oblivion too if it reviews well.

Fight Night Round 3, Ghost Recon Advance WarFighter and Oblivion for me this month for my 360. ^_^

Lots of games for other systems as well >.< Skint I shall be.

I have been away for a while, did you 360 get sorted Owen?

Yeah thanks. : peace:

Right this is from IGN Insider forums, supposadely theres a exclusive 360 game going to be shown for the first-time EVER at 8pm tonight (UK time). The IGN person also stated that you would never guess who it's by and the subject matter, it will totally surprise you!

Quote 1:

SPECIAL DELIVERY:

Check back in the early afternoon PST for an exclusive story on a game you would never, ever have expected. IGN Xbox 360 will have the first details, news, screens, and an interview with the company's president. Can you guess who it's with?

Quote 2:

OK, so... just for clarification, we're hoping to post a story around noon tomorrow, maybe earlier -- that's PST time (California time) that nobody has heard about. It will be on the Xbox 360 site. It's an exclusive Xbox 360 game. None of your guesses are correct so far. I was totally unable to guess what it was until I heard about it two days ago, and I'm still amazed by the subject matter and the people putting it out. Sorry to be such a tease about it, but I haven't even told my team about it yet. I can't say a word

Anyway, I expect the range of reactions to be wide in range and long in wind. Heh. And, in order to avoid the mess that happened last fall with a certain midnight review that never happened ( ), let me put it this way: Don't stay up all night. Please do not. The story won't be up until tomorrow -- Friday, March 3, around noon PST at the earliest. Go to sleep, do whatever, beat people up in Fight Night Round and then gather round here about noon-ish. I should have an update on the exact timing earlier than that, but not everything is tied up tight. There are still a few loose ends before I can concretely give an exact time.

Until then I look forward to your guesses. This should be fun

Any guesses? I want it to be Shenmue 3! I hope to god this isn't aload of rubbish as i'm quite looking forward to finding out what it is now! :)

If its Shenmue III I'm going to explode.

I doubt it will be though.

The IGN person also stated that you would never guess who it's by and the subject matter, it will totally surprise you!

A "lets blow up the 360" game by Nintendo?

In my history anything this hype will be a let down, but at least its only a few hours of hype and not Megatonish.

A "lets blow up the 360" game by Nintendo?

In my history anything this hype will be a let down, but at least its only a few hours of hype and not Megatonish.

Agreed. It will most probably be either A) A total letdown B) A complete lie!

We'll wait and see! I just thought, it could be Banjo Kazooie, i find it odd that on IGN theres a RARE interview and they show Kameo, PDZ and Banjo Kazooie! :smile:

I just thought, it could be Banjo Kazooie, i find it odd that on IGN theres a RARE interview and they show Kameo, PDZ and Banjo Kazooie! :smile:

good point

just have to wait and see, hope its good : peace: