NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I'm up for a game, but it'll have to be after work around 3 in the morning, Christmas morning:hmm:

Yeah I'll play, my guess is a bit later on in the evening will be better for most folks.

we need a few more ppl! cmon!

*check 4 posts above this for the list :D

didnt get gears for xmas (not too surprised since getting zelda/monkey ball/splinter cell da (360))

will buy it later on prob

I'll be up for it later on, once the Christmas specials are over. It's HaverXBL (we're sorting Live out now).

Got quite a hefty amount of money for Christmas so I think its time I bought a 360. I intend to get one of those premium pack deals which come with Gears of War. Simple question, the premium consoles comes with the component cables, but my tv is not hd, does it come with a scart cable, and would you advise me to get either RGB or S-video cables to improve the picture.

I'd say the composite cables look fine, I use the scart adapter and it looks fairly good still. Depends on whether you want to get as good as a picture as possible, ad whether you're willing to spend cash to buy an RGB scart.

P.S. buy Viva Pinata. OR ELSE.

I just realised that I had gotten a bit of money for Chrsitmas so I could get Viva Pinata or something, then I realised I ave to pay off my TV. So no new games for me it seems :(

How do i get 5.1 surround on 360? Do i need an optical cable to my surround sound? Or is their some other connector?

The red/white cable only does stereo sound, not 5.1,

You need the optical cable.

Hmmmm, i may actually buy one, i noticed i have an optical in port on my pc, i may need to fiddle with that shit.

I got my 360 yesterday but my controller's analogue stick and the left trigger are making this horrible squeking sound......is this normal or should i take it back?

That's not normal, mine makes no noise at all.

Played the Lost Planet demo last night, which I just found very average. I wont buy it in January, although the graphics (especially explosions) are amazing.

Not sure what my next 360 purchase will be. Need to look at the release list, but that might be it for a couple of months now, concentrate on Viva Pinata, Zelda, and Gears.

Played the Lost Planet demo last night, which I just found very average. I wont

that demo over 6 months old, its out in japan right now and they are raving about it

yes a shooter on the 360!

that demo over 6 months old, its out in japan right now and they are raving about it

yes a shooter on the 360!

I guess thats a good point. Still wont buy it though, not sure why, but it just doesn't appeal to me. I might buy it in the summer when there's nothing coming out.

Still got to give Splinter Cell and Hitman a go soon. I've given up on Dead Rising and Sonic. Hate both of them.

When Taks back is anyone up for some online Gears?

16th December btw, i'm reunited with my 360 on the 14th but i have an exam on the 15th and then i shall be going to see Kylie with LukeLee then i'm free of exams for a week at least :(

play some without me if yous want but i think most people will be using the next month to fiddle with the Wii in very perverse ways indeed :p

That's not normal, mine makes no noise at all.

Thanks for the feedback, another thing to return *sigh*

I just got further in GoW for the second time, I'm in the mines.

The noise those wretches make scares the hell out of me.

Plus on Hardcore they are really annoying. Me and my bro died at least 2 times each from them killing us with their blowing up-ing.

Playing through Shenmue 2 on my 360. T'is quite good, but some of the sound is messed up. Plus the d-pad isn't the best. =/

I haven't had much time with it 'cos of the Little Ones but it's a fine thing! Geometry Wars especially. I am chasing Bowser on the Leaderboard like a floppy-haired toff would an Innocent Wittle Fox :(

Not sure what my next 360 purchase will be.

Im the same, im still not sure about Lost Planet and the Wii has nothing of interest to me for a while. Methinks this would be a perfect time to revisit the PS2 and get some of those gems such as Ico, Shadow of Colossus, ME and My Katamari and Dragon Quest bought and played. I may even invest in Guitar Hero.

16th December btw, i'm reunited with my 360 on the 14th but i have an exam on the 15th and then i shall be going to see Kylie with LukeLee then i'm free of exams for a week at least :(

play some without me if yous want but i think most people will be using the next month to fiddle with the Wii in very perverse ways indeed :p

I knew it was going to be a couple of weeks yet, which gives me a chance to play loads of Zelda, but I want to go back to Gears, cus it's one of my favourite games.

Playing through Shenmue 2 on my 360. T'is quite good, but some of the sound is messed up. Plus the d-pad isn't the best. =/

You can change that in the menu. It was only the first Shenmue that you had to play through with the d-pad.

Im the same, im still not sure about Lost Planet and the Wii has nothing of interest to me for a while. Methinks this would be a perfect time to revisit the PS2 and get some of those gems such as Ico, Shadow of Colossus, ME and My Katamari and Dragon Quest bought and played. I may even invest in Guitar Hero.

I'm mainly going to go back to all the games I have that haven't had much of a look in. Wii is still taking up plenty of time right now, and will do for a few weeks yet, then there's Wario Ware to pick up, but after that it's a couple of months until the next game.

I'm going to finish Gears, play a load of online, and hopefully do that co-op with Tak. But I also have Hitman, Splinter Cell, Viva Pinata, Prince of Persia, Shenmue 2, and maybe even Halo to play still.

So a lack of games for the next couple of months might not be a bad thing.

brought oblivion off ebay earilier for....£14!! (including delivery :o)

wasnt expecting to get it that cheap gunna send the cheque in post tomorroz

NEARLY....VERY nearly (before brought oblivion) in town today brought F.E.A.R what the drawing point was is that you get a free live vision camera! :D and considering i play uno i think would be a laugh with the camera. If still on offer on weekend i think may get hmmm...was £45 wat you guys think?