Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Lost Planet stays exclusive

GameSpot recently cornered Capcom producer Jun Takeuchi to confirm that Lost Planet will stay on the Xbox 360 despite rumors that it wouldn't be the exclusive it was thought to be. Also, Takeuchi has revealed that the anticipated title will come to stores in January 2007.

Takeuchi says the plan was to always keep Lost Planet on the 360 and the 360 only:

Lost Planet is an exclusive Xbox 360 title. Typically when the development team sets out to create a game, we focus development of the title on a single platform and for Lost Planet that platform is the Xbox 360. We have no plans at this time of porting to or developing for another console as this would potentially dilute the final product.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

assx360vn7.jpg

1up.

It's no secret -- Assassin's Creed is officially coming to the Xbox 360. We expect official PR in the near future, but the October issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly confirms that the Ubisoft Montreal project is coming to Microsoft's next-gen platform. Earlier this week, Ubisoft confirmed a PC version of the title and from the pages of the October EGM came the Xbox 360 confirmation.

The article, titled, "Killing an Exclusive" doesn't detail anything about the multiplatform plans for Assassin's, so until official PR hits, there's a small army of other questions to ponder. Will one version of the game have exclusive features? Will all three versions ship at the same time? Perhaps the most interesting questions of all are ones that start with "why." Why did Ubisoft announce Assassin's on 360 now? It doesn't help Sony at all to hold the announcement back until Sept and let it slip before TGS or X06? Why did the marketing deal for this game work the way it did? Was it all to simply generate buzz and have people talking about Assassin's Creed without a whole lot of media being available for the game? We want to know. The game of cat and mouse is over, but the story of Assassin's Creed certainly isn't.

There goes the one PS3 title I was ever interested in :D

i was reminded while reading the Gamespot comments on this story that it was originally 'Project Assasins' and was shown at X05, so if anything the PS3 has only gained, but i like the way its been painted as a victory for the 360 though.

still if the 360 and PS3 version looks the same then i'd be very happy.

yay for multiformat next-gen games :D

Just got this months OXM and its a great issue. They review Dead Rising, Enchanted Arms, Test Drive Unlimited, Lego Star Wars 2, and Just Cause. They also have a great preview of Mass Effect, which looks awesome, and Overlord.

Dead Rising 9/10

Test Drive Unlimited 9/10

Just Cause 8/10

Lego Star Wars 2 9/10 ( got 90 odd percent in ONM )

Enchanted Arms 7/10

Next month they are reviewing the new Splinter Cell, cant wait!

Just got this months OXM and its a great issue. They review Dead Rising, Enchanted Arms, Test Drive Unlimited, Lego Star Wars 2, and Just Cause. They also have a great preview of Mass Effect, which looks awesome, and Overlord.

Dead Rising 9/10

Test Drive Unlimited 9/10

Just Cause 8/10

Lego Star Wars 2 9/10 ( got 90 odd percent in ONM )

Enchanted Arms 7/10

Next month they are reviewing the new Splinter Cell, cant wait!

i want Dead Rising and Enchanted Arms and Lego Star Wars II. i'll probably get the first two this year, but lego may end up being forgotten about in my mind.

and yay for Mass Effect. when that game hits home i'll be gone for a while . . .

is a game completed after you have all the points off it or when you've saw everything it has to offer?

like in oblivion, is it only finished once you've done all the quests?

A game is completed once you're bored of it and/or have seen everything it has to offer. Achievements shouldn't dictate whether or not you're "finished" with a game.

A game is completed once you're bored of it and/or have seen everything it has to offer. Achievements shouldn't dictate whether or not you're "finished" with a game.

Very True. I dont consider most of my Cube games done until I have unlocked EVERYTHING, but if I start to get tired of it and it becomes no fun then aslong as I have finished the main story then Im happy with it.

Same here. I might get the determination to complete a bastard of a game like Kameo, but thats rare.

I've just realised my Live free trial ends tomorrow and I don't have enough money to buy a new one. I'm going to be offline for 3 weeks :-( Well, I'll have silver but no online gaming for me...

Same here. I might get the determination to complete a bastard of a game like Kameo, but thats rare.

I've just realised my Live free trial ends tomorrow and I don't have enough money to buy a new one. I'm going to be offline for 3 weeks :-( Well, I'll have silver but no online gaming for me...

5 quid for a month of live?!?!

Where can i get that from?

Also, I've decided to not even bother doing half of these fecking achievments. It was fun last weekend trying to overtake Takeo but then after that I just thought it seemed a bit pointless. I mean, leaving DOA on for 2 hours just to get some points for 'playing' it for 5 hours? Why did I bother? So now I'm only playing games as I want to.

Where can i get that from?

Also, I've decided to not even bother doing half of these fecking achievments. It was fun last weekend trying to overtake Takeo but then after that I just thought it seemed a bit pointless. I mean, leaving DOA on for 2 hours just to get some points for 'playing' it for 5 hours? Why did I bother? So now I'm only playing games as I want to.

The DOA time achievements you will get by the time you do all of story mode, and obtain all of the outfits and items in survival, if not then you will be really close.

Just create a new gamertag for another free months Live.

true but then wont his achievements get all fooked up?

its 5 quid for a month of live if you use a credit or debit card on your 360. i do, thats how i buy my points. or you could buy a 3 month card from play.com or somewhere.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!