NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dark Wolf

Howl's Moving Castle

As some of you may know, I am a Ghibli fanatic, and today I went to see this amazing film. I loved it. The only bad thing was:

1. The screen "jiggled" slightly, after a while

2. Chavs talking on their phones quite near the end, fortunatly you couldn't really hear them. Scum

I think everyone should see it, it's not Miyazaki's best, but it's good.

yeah i saw this a while ago, it's really fun but not the best of ghibli's work by a long stretch. castle in the sky is much more worth your time :)

I was going to see it, but my local cinema has only got it with dubs, which is, in my opinion, not worth watching, so I'll wait until it comes out on DVD.

I read a review in the paper saying it was the best Miyazaki yet, and that other than the American dubs, it was perfect.

Although I like Miyazaki films, I don't think that they're the best anime ever, perhaps because they're aimed at kids.

Aimed at Kids? Nah. The beauty about Ghibli films is that it's for everyone. Kids love the characters and storylines, adults like the same thing, but along with the artwork and the depth that children just won't see.

Wanted to go see it with my friend but our local cinema isn't listing it in the local paper and their site has no listings for some reason (spose its what you get from an indie cinema owned by a god-loving solicitor). Next nearest cinema is about 15 miles away, and thats reserved for big films like Serenity ;)

Still haven't seen this movie. Could've seen it months ago on an animation festival here, but I was stuck in France at that time. And I've never seen it come to theaters actually. Will probably rent it went it comes out. =3

Also, I wouldn't say all of Miyazaki's movies are aimed at kids. I mean, look at Princess Mononoke; quite some violence in there that I don't think is really aimed at kids. Ghibli movies just have a bit for everyone I think. That's what makes them so wonderful. =3

Just seen this tonight and it was amazing and I think it was better than Spirited Away.

The story wasnt as sureal as Spirited and easier to digest. The music was astounding as was the animation and the characters. Once again he has shown Disney how to make a great film using hand-drawn techinques.Billy Crystal provided some great voice work and humour as did most the characters. The only fault I can pick is I didnt like the voice of Sophie at all. Still I could bear it enough to watch the movie and it didnt spoil a fantastic film.

Also this is for anyone who has seen it....SPOILERS

Did any of you laugh when the witch of the wasteland and sophie were trying to climb them stairs? Me and my mates thought it was hilarious.

I watched this movie a couple of weeks ago but oit was 100% japanese. No subs, no dubs but I still rather enjoyed it.

I'm going tomorrow with some friends to watch it in the cinema. I really can't wait lol.

Studio Ghilbi to films is what Nintendo is to games: universal appeal. :P

I would never hav thought chavs would go see that film, theres a conspiracy goin on!

Anyway the film doesnt appeal to me, but neither did spirited away until i saw it on sky movies and jus ended up sittin on the sofa watchin it for 2 hrs lol. Probably end up doing the same with this film

I watched this movie a couple of weeks ago but oit was 100% japanese. No subs, no dubs but I still rather enjoyed it.

Actually, Miyazaki films are very easy to understand as they use simple language and much of the plot is portrayed by actions rather than words. I could understand about 40% of the Japanese is Spirited Away without subs.

Sign in to follow this