NEurope
DiemetriX

New images of rev controller

They look more grey than white, I hope thats just poor picture quality, I liked the white look.

And whats with them covering their eyes with the analog stick bit.

yeah it´s just a grey controller..in white it should look better...

but if it feels well....

As it says, its the people behind Red Steel who are showing it off and that's why they have the ugly grey controllers. Dev Kits usually resemble a PC with a plain, grey controller with no more than the basic markings (to denote buttons).

I'm sure the final controllers will come in the lovely array of colours we've already seen.

well i am not bugged about what they look like it is how they feel and play i am more into.

I think the grey looks kidna cool, they just look odd with the white buttons.

I imagine these are jsut Devkit controllers through.

It doesn't really show a lot. Nintendo will be eleasing diffeent colours anyway at some point.

My guess is those are definitely devkit controllers, I recall from the IGN piece that they said the devkit controllers use ethernet cable type connnectors (as seen here)

20982_Revmote2.jpg

and that they will be different for the final design.

they are obviously preproduction / dev models...

and nintendo has a hisorty of producing different coloured hardware for different uses... like the brown and green dev and debug gamecubes

it really gives you an idea of how small and beautifully formed the FHC is, though.

it's just a wonderful device. WANT!!

Dat lookies laik tha peeps in da Red Steel Game Informer article.

The cable connecting them, do look longer than before.

If you think of a gamecube controller, the width of that is the length of the freehand.

Isnt one of those images the one that is in the coner of the Red Steel preview?

Sweet lord it´s tiny. What is it with Japanese people and tiny things

Most of the photos are out of focus on the controller.. doesn't reveal much but they're clearly dev kits.

20982_Revmote9.jpg

The size looks fine, the shoulder buttons on the nunchucka look slightly hard to hold.. dunno if it will balance nicely in the hand and give ergonomic control.

If you use two fingers for the should buttons then the other two fingers wont offer enough grip so we may be forced to use use the index finger. Much slower than 2 fingers.

Most of the photos are out of focus on the controller.. doesn't reveal much but they're clearly dev kits.

20982_Revmote9.jpg

The size looks fine, the shoulder buttons on the nunchucka look slightly hard to hold.. dunno if it will balance nicely in the hand and give ergonomic control.

If you use two fingers for the should buttons then the other two fingers wont offer enough grip so we may be forced to use use the index finger. Much slower than 2 fingers.

thumb analogue stick

index finger Shoulder 1

middle finger Shoulder 2

ring finger support

pinky support.

works.

you have to bear in mind that the first segment of your index and middle fingers can be used to grasp the controller, the base of the thumb can also provide support.

with the addition of the ring and little finger to support it will be easy enough.

maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it, judging by the GC pad.

Having said that I would have expected to like the feel of the x360 pad in my hand more than the s-pad for the xbox, and I was wrong on that

thumb analogue stick

index finger Shoulder 1

middle finger Shoulder 2

ring finger support

pinky support.

works.

That's where I think you're right.. this is going to be a light piece of hardware.. it wont have rumble feedback it's quite a simple peripheral- so maybe you're right I'm just thinking of it from an intense button mashing game like Smash Bros.

The analogue stick will not always be recieving pressure, obviously you wont always be using it and it's difficuilt to put weight on it directly in the centre.. you'd probably just be resting your thumb on it ready for an action.

Index and middle for shoulder one and two, correct this is fine but I don't think with that layout would provide balanced support when using the ring and pinky to balance it.

It might come naturally and grow on us, obviously it's light and small so it can't get much better.

I just see myself just using my index finger for both of the shoulder buttons because it's not an ideal layout.. this'd of course compromise speed.

20982_Revmote7.jpg

if it were so natural why is nobody using it in the photos as it was intended? only this guy is using his index for both.. I just imagine it to be instinctive after so many years of using the dual shock 2

maybe some people will use the index finger for both, but I can hold my GC pad in my left hand (with my middle finger lifted so providing no support) in the way I described.

the pressure on the shoulder pad and analogue stick don't fully support it, but they do help. you also have the entirety of your hand.

as I said, maybe I am unique, but if I'm able to hold my GC pad like this I imagine it will be that much easier with just the analogue attachment.

I may be unique in that, but tbh I don't care - it would just be an advantage in games were quick alternate pressing of the shoulder pads was required

just to clarify, the grip from the pinky and middle finger if too tight would force the controller up toward the thumb over the analogue stick, and forward toward the middle and index fingers on the shoulder pads.

the fingers on the shoulder pads and analogue stick act like a feedback, too much pressure against them warns to relax the grip a little bit.

wrapping the fingers on the shoulder pads gently prevents the controller falling towards the right, obviously the body of the hand prevents it from falling to the left, and thepinky and ring finger prevent gravity from making the controller fall down.

the ring finger is the main finger support wise, but the pinky does help with added stability

L1/L2 is godly.

LD0000414409_2.jpg

No disrespect to Nintendo, they were trying to simplify the GameCube controller but that small shoulder button on the right side is just stupid.. impossible to press in a button mashing session of SSX 3.