Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seing as the PS3 is a graphics powerhouse, i don't see the appeal of Singstar on it. Saying that, if i had a 360 i would buy guitar hero.

Singstar is a great party game. I'm slightly worried about 'song prices' though. Being able to download new songs is a great idea, probably meaning the first Singstar which will be released is the only one....with special packs being released every few months etc...

Hmm... can't say I'm interested in any of them... wait for MGS4 to come out, then I'll consider it...

Really? Heavenly Sword, Virtua Fighter 5 and Warhawk are looking very good! (Not sure about Warhawks on-foot sections though).

Excellent looking line up. Much better than the 360 and the Wii's.

Your right actually. There will be alot of variety and alot of hard hitters early on. Zelda made the Wii launch great though, but that is only one game isn't it? I would say there will be at least 25-30 titles out on day one...of course alot of these have already been out on 360.

Your right actually. There will be alot of variety and alot of hard hitters early on. Zelda made the Wii launch great though, but that is only one game isn't it? I would say there will be at least 25-30 titles out on day one...of course alot of these have already been out on 360.

exactly, PS3 launch line up for Europe of course benefits from the numerous delays Sony have hit us with. But i'm going to say i'm very sceptical about the whole March launch thing, unless a solid date and price gets announced this month i'm thinking it'll go back to june or even september.

Typical Owen, cant wait for anything.

i agree, Owen does seem to be the impatient type, also the type of guy whose interested in new things, buys them, plays with them for about a day or two before focusing on the next shiny thing that hasn't yet come out for him to spend his money on.

exactly, PS3 launch line up for Europe of course benefits from the numerous delays Sony have hit us with. But i'm going to say i'm very sceptical about the whole March launch thing, unless a solid date and price gets announced this month i'm thinking it'll go back to june or even september.

It is very odd they haven't given us a solid date and price by now...which kinda tells us things are touch and go..They obviously don't want to announce anything until it's all certain.

Another delay will really hit Sony hard. I can see people being so annoyed that they will buy a 360 or Wii instead if it's delayed till September.

Good for Microsoft and Nintendo though. ;)

Also, what was the point of bringing up something which was from yesterday and voicing your opinion about it, when you wasn't even involved? Again, you don't know what i do, so why act like you do?

A moderator told us to 'stop' and you totally ignore that and bring it back up.

It is very odd they haven't given us a solid date and price by now...which kinda tells us things are touch and go..They obviously don't want to announce anything until it's all certain.

Another delay will really hit Sony hard. I can see people being so annoyed that they will buy a 360 or Wii instead if it's delayed till September.

Good for Microsoft and Nintendo though. ;)

Also, what was the point of bringing up something which was from yesterday and voicing your opinion about it, when you wasn't even involved? Again, you don't know what i do, so why act like you do?

A moderator told us to 'stop' and you totally ignore that and bring it back up.

meh, i brought it back up just to express my opinion on the way you portay yourself since i wasn't here yesterday, i wasn't being negative really. anywho . . .

Are there any Sony fans left who are still waiting on a PS3 who haven't already got a 360 or Wii?!?! lol

the pricing of this thing is what i'm waiting on the most, especially software prices- i would seriously laugh my arse off/cry if Sony try and sell PS3 software any higher than £50.

meh, i brought it back up just to express my opinion on the way you portay yourself since i wasn't here yesterday, i wasn't being negative really. anywho . . .

Are there any Sony fans left who are still waiting on a PS3 who haven't already got a 360 or Wii?!?! lol

the pricing of this thing is what i'm waiting on the most, especially software prices- i would seriously laugh my arse off/cry if Sony try and sell PS3 software any higher than £50.

Software will be £49.99 i reckon.

If they price their games at £54.99-£59.99 that would be bloody awful.

Software will be £49.99 i reckon.

If they price their games at £54.99-£59.99 that would be bloody awful.

yep it would, would be very Sony. i can't see them doing PS3 games at upwards of £50, even Sony aren't that arrogant yet.

i agree, Owen does seem to be the impatient type, also the type of guy whose interested in new things, buys them, plays with them for about a day or two before focusing on the next shiny thing that hasn't yet come out for him to spend his money on.

Thats me actually :p I'm forever buying stuff for the sake of it. I have tried to get the most out of stuff I buy recently though.

Thats me actually :p I'm forever buying stuff for the sake of it. I have tried to get the most out of stuff I buy recently though.

lmao yeah it is mate :heh: least i try and stear you to ways of not wasting your money but you do have too much of it so you don't know what to do with it.

About 90million "Sony fans" who don't have a wii or 360.

Can you really say that with any degree of certainty?

Sales figures are easily manipulated to over inflate user bases as it is without the fact you can never know who bought one thing and not another..

About 90million "Sony fans" who don't have a wii or 360.

Sony fan being a person like you. and there is no where near 90 million of them.

your saying that everyone who bought a PSone is a Sony fan rather than just a MGS or Final Fantasy nut. and then there's the fact, as rokhed said, that the figure you took that value from is Sonys own shipped figures and isn't indicative of the number of unique customers the PlayStation brand has had. which will be lower based upon the number of malfunctioning/dead consoles and the PSX > PSone redesign. but hey ho . . it was just a comment in passing.

I like you Takeo, but why must you constantly bash Sony? I know this is a Nintendo forum, but this is a PS3 thread, could the discussion not be kept to that?

i was just talking about pricing then got sidetracked :S thats all then domstercool made his little soundbite and i responded.

TurokDHbox2.jpg

I remember paying like £60 for that. Superb game though, i reckon i'll buy if and when it turns up on the Wii's VC.

I wouldn't buy a game for £55+ anymore though, thats miles too much,even i know that. I only really like spending £40 or less, obviously the less the better.

I love the fact that i've been importing PS3 games for £33 including p+p, thats cheaper then a UK Wii game!

Really? Heavenly Sword, Virtua Fighter 5 and Warhawk are looking very good! (Not sure about Warhawks on-foot sections though).

Not sure what heavenly sword is, but the others aren't really anything special... warhawk is just like a flight simulator type thing that uses a tilt sensor, right? Can't imagine it being that much differnent from using a joystick (big joystick, I mean... PC style), and that type of game doesn't really interest me. What about a story?

Red Steel and Wii sports were awesome games too, and there was also, about 25 wii games for the uk launch. Yes, most of them were crap, but it's the same with the PS3, really, except that Zelda is far better than any of the PS3 launch titles.

Hope you don't mean fanboy. If you do I'll fucking kill you. I'm completely the opposite of a fanboy. I game for good games, it's why I want all the systems.

me too, like i've said before i have always been a multiformat gamer. if you have the money buy the systems you want with it. but you do seem fanboyish when it comes to your little Sony defence thing in here, much the same as me with my Nintendo fanboyish-ness. thats the only place where we clash otherwise we have similar tastes in games lol odd.

I defend Sony's PS3 as I don't see anything bad about the system and the games for it. Fight Sony themselves all you want, but the console itself isn't evil or crap.

I'm a multiplatformer gamer, have been since the early teenage years. I know I ain't certainly that much of a fan of Sony, hell I tell my friends to buy DS's and Wii/360s most of the time when they ask for a opinion of what consoles to get. I should really be a PR person with the amount of people I've gotten to buy game systems when they weren't really into games that much.

I defend Sony's PS3 as I don't see anything bad about the system and the games for it. Fight Sony themselves all you want, but the console itself isn't evil or crap.

I'm a multiplatformer gamer, have been since the early teenage years. I know I ain't certainly that much of a fan of Sony, hell I tell my friends to buy DS's and Wii/360s most of the time when they ask for a opinion of what consoles to get. I should really be a PR person with the amount of people I've gotten to buy game systems when they weren't really into games that much.

same here with the getting people to buy consoles :p, i've been a multiformat gamer since . . . ever- my mom was before me but the first consoles that we're mine were the NES and Master System.

ANNNYYYYYYWWHHOOOOO, the console itself isn't what bothers me, its the fact that the console could've been better and it deserved to be and may well get better with time and firmware updates but Sony have annoyed me with their half hearted implementation of many of the PS3s features, the biggest ones in my mind being its approach to online which comes no where nears what MS were doing for the 360's launch and the PSX download thing which just annoys me. also the controllers lack of rumble i can't imagine feeling right but thats a little petty.

anyway, like you have said before PS3 will get many great exclusive titles and many of us will be playing them as we have with PS2 and PSone, but Sony have pretty much ended their reign as undisputed market share leaders as the PS2 slowly goes to its grave (its still alive!!!) its a much more even split which is great as, in theory, it means all the console manufacturers have to step up their games *bum tish* and show us what they can do.

i've rambled far too much sorry :S

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!