NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

The biggest news wasnt that they are bringing out a Duel Shock 3 ( we all knew it would happen ) but that HOME has now been delayed til Spring next year. Thats a big blow to Sony as it was a feature that many were looking forward to including myself.

Me too, i'm gutted. :(

Theres still some great games coming out for PS3 this year, but i think Nintendo is going to steal my holiday season this year!

What an awesome trailer, can't wait for Rex Vs. Ray but I hope Raiden doesn't die...

Creamy MGS4 trailer, lovely love love!

Indeed! Rex Vs Ray will be EPIC!! Also Snake Vs Big Mama, I want some payback off that bitch after she double crossed Naked Snake in MGS3.

Yakuza 3 Details

Sounds awesome, thanks for the info. I'm so glad the ps3 is region free. Either give us english subtitles in the japanese version, or an american version with subtitles.

Just in case you've been keeping one eye trained on the console wars out there, you might want to take note of the most recent sales figures from Japan. According to the latest stats, the PSP overtook the DS, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, and PS2 in sales last week, propelled by the newest handheld installment of the Final Fantasy series, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. Sure, it's happened before, but with the increasing competitiveness out there, this one seems extra important. The message should be clear to Nintendo -- don't rest on your laurels. Also, don't miss out on really hot Square Enix exclusives. The last thing you want is to go the way of Atari, and just end up as a simulation on a thriving system.

From Engadget

Picked up one of those PSP Slites today. They do look the same really but they are quite light. Feels empty.

Yeah apparently one side of it is now empty. or something I cant remember....

I've found myself tempted to buy a PSP for the first time ever....

I find little time to play games at times apart from handhelds so this seems perfect. There seem to be more portable games coming out for it now rather than ports of PS2 games...plus can play on big screen when I am at home...

Does the Slim and Lite come with the AV cable?

Yeah apparently one side of it is now empty. or something I cant remember....

I've found myself tempted to buy a PSP for the first time ever....

I find little time to play games at times apart from handhelds so this seems perfect. There seem to be more portable games coming out for it now rather than ports of PS2 games...plus can play on big screen when I am at home...

Does the Slim and Lite come with the AV cable?

I dont think they come with the AV cable.....but dont take my word for it.

No they don't.

And rather weird (...stupid)-ly there is an AV cable to hook up to watch films on your TV that came out at launch, and another for playing games and watching films which came out Friday.

This is the one for both.

(and eww, Game's website has an ugly new look)

(oh and its sold out, look elsewhere but I think availability is low everywhere)

Well the other is classed as a composite. And yeah I agree, this one should be too. But I think Sony are...stupid? Basically the 'composite' is the tv only, 'component' is everything.

Maybe in Sony's mind these words make sense. To everyone else they're just confusing.

Yeah it is confusing....so I can play PSP games through the TV with that GAME cable you linked to right? Or is it only through component that you can play games over the TV?

Yeah it is confusing....so I can play PSP games through the TV with that GAME cable you linked to right? Or is it only through component that you can play games over the TV?

You can play games and tv with something like this http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product_id=802771

But you need a HDTV (and find it in the UK obviously. Im not sure about that Game link thinking about it). I know the other cable (ie the useless one) says on the back it doesnt play games. But the cable you would actually want is online only at the moment so you need to check into it.

You can play games and tv with something like this http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product_id=802771

But you need a HDTV (and find it in the UK obviously. Im not sure about that Game link thinking about it). I know the other cable (ie the useless one) says on the back it doesnt play games. But the cable you would actually want is online only at the moment so you need to check into it.

ok cheers mate!

I love PS2 for all its JRPGs. Suikoden, Tales, Rouge Galaxy, FF etc.

But I won't play on it. I don't know exactly how it happened, or why, but I think my PS2 destroys my memory cards. Both of my memory cards have been corrupted two times each, making me lose hundred of hours of gameplay. I lost 150 in Tales of the Abyss, 130 in Rouge Galaxy and 100 in FFXII(out of 250) because I forgot to save them on both cards. And I have lost more than that. I thought the problem was the memory cards so I bought a third one. When I had made a few copies of my saves on the third memory card, it too got corrupted! And every time I reformat it and try to copy the saves again, it gets corrupted. So I quit playng Odin Sphere(I was halfway through) and won't play any PS2 game until I buy a PS3 in five-six years. It may not be the PS2's fault, but I'm not taking any chances. I want to keep what I have left.

I've barely played mine. Bought it for Okami and I've not played it yet. I'll eventually play through that and Shadow of the Colossus and then I'll pack it away again.

A photo of New Final Fantasy XIII Trailer taken inside the TGS closed mega theater.

tgs07_lightning.jpg

@Whoever said put it in retro, the PS2 is still doing very well with a nice crop of games coming up.

I recently bought Guitar Hero 2. It is very, very good. Though I found it quite dificult to adapt froom using just 3 fingers to 4.

I'm also using my PS2 as a DVD player, I'm thinking of getting a remote, can anyone recommend one?

EDIT: Perhaps this should be stickied and renamed PlayStation 2 Genral Discussion?

Guitar Hero is the only reason my PS2 isn't gathering dust.

That, and the fact that I haven't got a PS3.

I'm currently trying to finish Kingdom Hearts I'm on the dragon malneficiant, going on a quest to get ultima keyblade.