NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Apparently the PS3 will be capable of converting PSOne games to play on the PSP. So says the Sony rep during his Sony propaganda.

Apparently the PS3 will be capable of converting PSOne games to play on the PSP. So says the Sony rep during his Sony propaganda.

I hear it can also pick up your dry cleaning, make restaurant reservations and wake you up in the morning with a hot cup of tea.

I hear it can also pick up your dry cleaning, make restaurant reservations and wake you up in the morning with a hot cup of tea.

I know that was sarcasm (wasn't exactly disguised) but it makes sense. Up until now no way of getting PS1 games on the PSP has been announced (as far as im aware anyway). Plus if a company can make you pay more to do something, they will.

so how are you going to play games that needs dualshock?

Are there any? I guess they just won't be compatible. It was never said all of the PSOne games would be playable was it? I dunno, didn't want to indulge in any conversation because he never shuts up.

Nippon Ichi Talks PS3

In an interview about Disgaea 2, Nippon Ichi Producer Shinkawa gave us a few more details on their upcoming PS3 game, Makai Wars. Well, not so much "details" as "don't expect this for a while." He says that the game is not really far in development yet and to be patient. He explains that their next title, after Disgaea 2, will be on the PS2 and that they have five upcoming titles in total. More interesting was his take on graphics:

DPS: When you move to PS3, will you continue to use sprites and pictures?

Shinkawa: Yes. It is very good at capturing the anime art style. To be honest, you can say our technology is PS-level when we developed for the PS2, and SFC level when we worked on the PS. So yup, maybe we will get to PS2 level when we move to the PS3! (laughter) Seriously, we hope to please users with the meat of our games - the content. We have also received many comments that are both for-and-against. (3D vs sprites) At the moment the encouragement to continue with our present style is very strong. Nippon Ichi shall move on the path that Nippon Ichi wants to go.

Expect the same art you know and love when the PS3 comes out. Nice to see there are companies who still know the beauty in 2D sprites.

Soruce: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3241179&postcount=6

Why make a "PS2" game for the PS3 when it would sell so much better as a PS2 game?

Wooo Makai Wars!!!!! One of the reasons why I'll be getting a PS3. I'm also happy to hear about 4 more titles for the PS2 after Disgaea 2 as well. It makes me happy.

Playstation 2 is going to live forever, lol.

Still undecied about the PS3 but next week will sort me out :)

Anyway... the PS3, The games are ment to be region free correct ?

So if i dont manage to get one on release over here could i import one and eveything will work ok ?

Still undecied about the PS3 but next week will sort me out :)

Anyway... the PS3, The games are ment to be region free correct ?

So if i dont manage to get one on release over here could i import one and eveything will work ok ?

I'm the same.

I can't see myself getting one if it's £400+, but we'll see. The games for me, at the moment, aren't bad but aren't drawing me in.

I'll have to read up on the PS3 launch games which are hopefully announced next week.

Oh and one thing which will help me decide is what games are out for the Wii at launch. The More i want, the less likely i'll get a PS3.

Oh and i like the sound of Lair! I'm getting strangehold but probably for the 360 because it's out earlier for that....i think.

Hmm.. New slogan. I thought PS3 had "Change everything" Oh well.

This is kinda better.

Hmm.. New slogan. I thought PS3 had "Change everything" Oh well.

Maybe they realised upgrading their hardware and just chucking more stuff in wasn't really changing anything. ::shrug:

oooh Play Beyond...cant...fight...Sony..marketing..

it better then Wii play together

I'm the same.

I can't see myself getting one if it's £400+, but we'll see. The games for me, at the moment, aren't bad but aren't drawing me in.

I'll have to read up on the PS3 launch games which are hopefully announced next week.

Oh and one thing which will help me decide is what games are out for the Wii at launch. The More i want, the less likely i'll get a PS3.

Oh and i like the sound of Lair! I'm getting strangehold but probably for the 360 because it's out earlier for that....i think.

meh i am waitng till MGS4 gets released next yr to get one,

It seems that MGS4 is THE title everyone wants for the PS3, thing is I dont think that I will buy a console just for 1 game anymore. In the past it wouldnt have been a problem but with the machines and the games becoming more expensive im starting to choose wisely about what games/machines are being bought.

im sure if some bazooka OF A ZELDA GAME came out on a £300 machine u would buy the console for that, i know i would.

im sure if some bazooka OF A ZELDA GAME came out on a £300 machine u would buy the console for that, i know i would.

It's a shame the new Zelda is looking kinda shitty with all these rumoured Revolution enhancements.

[edit]

Wii. I said Wii.

I like the play beyond slogan, better than the old one anyway..

Game, Set and Match to Dabookerman!

It's a shame the new Zelda is looking kinda shitty with all these rumoured Revolution enhancements.

[edit]

Wii. I said Wii.

Die.

Heretic.

Well E3 is here :yay:

10pm the night for Sony, Hope its good

*Prays for cheap console price and great launch titles*