NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

^Oh how i wished i was more interested in the 'Tales' series, they sound so good, i tried with Tales of Symphonia for GC but just couldn't get into it.

I am right in saying the GC game is part of the series?

It is, but theres no story-link between any of them really, bar some familiar summons etc. I would still give Eternia a try, as I personally find it more charming and interesting than Symphonia from the very start (although the battle system is very much the same, so if you didnt like that you wont like this much). I havent been able to put it down yet, aside from some short WoW sessions.

^Oh how i wished i was more interested in the 'Tales' series, they sound so good, i tried with Tales of Symphonia for GC but just couldn't get into it.

I am right in saying the GC game is part of the series?

yeah, you are... well Tales of Eternia is alright, but it is all about the fun, the argument and all is not that good, it won't leave a impression of "wow that's the best RPG I've ever played" but can leave the feeling "wow that was fun, I wanna play more", it's a lighthearted RPG.

If you wanna know if you really like Tales (or not) try tales of Phantasia, that's the best Tales game of all... from the ones I've played, that is... SNES(ToP), PSone(ToP remake, ToD, ToE) and Gamecube (ToS)...

My friend's PSP and mine neither have a single stuck/dead pixel :)

9% of GTA finished, in a few hours my friend is coming so i'll write the multiplayer impressions later.

Hey all i'm heading to the states next week thinking of picking up a PSP i have a few questions though. How is the battery life? Are there many good games? And the most unusual of all if i was to plug a USB keyboard into it would i be able to use it on the web browser? cheers in advance

Hey all i'm heading to the states next week thinking of picking up a PSP i have a few questions though. How is the battery life? Are there many good games? And the most unusual of all if i was to plug a USB keyboard into it would i be able to use it on the web browser? cheers in advance

Thanks to Popolocrois and Tales of Eternia, I havent been able to put mine down for weeks. I also have PoP:Revelations and GTA:LCS to finish, and have barely started Legend of Heroes and Tokobot. Lumines is always there for a quick blast too. Really though I suppose its down to your tastes. love mine anyways :) I have never had an issue with battery life that I can recall. There isnt a USB connection on the PSP that Im aware of.

@Johelian

If there isn't a USB connection, how do i transfer my pictures, music, videos then? :laughing:

I played GTA LCS multiplayer yesterday. INCREDABLY fun. I couldn't believe that was possible :o You run through the BIG town collecting weapons and power-ups. I had some really good kills with a sniper rifle and bazooka :) And... ZOMG, the friend i played LCS multiplayer with, lives next door. And we tried playing with each other while at our homes and... well, it crushed after a few minutes :( We'll try it again today i really hope that maybe it'll work so we can play this all day! (or until our batteries runs out, which means... 3 hours :))

OMG i just found these games for less than 15 pounds (it's what it says on the site, i'll call 'em later):

Ape Academy, Everybody's Golf, F1 Grand Prix, Fired Up + demo Wipeout Pure, Medievil, Pursuit Force, Ridge Racer, Wipeout Pure, World Tour Soccer and WRC.

I have Wipeout Pure, and like i said i'm interested in Ridge Racer so i'll be getting that. I played my friends World Tour Soccer it's great but Pro Evolution Soccer 5 is probably better... any other game from above other than RR that i should consider getting?

I was browsing Game earlier today and Tales of Eternia was there, calling to me. It said I had to buy and play it, or it'd come to my house and kill my family before erasing my Symphonia game saves. Needless to say one glance at the back, spotting a familiar battle system-scene, and I was sold.

I've gone about three hours in so far, after much reluctance to update my firmware to play the game and resorting to some homebrew application, and I'm happy to say this game is great. It's full of little details shared with Symphonia, characters are likeable, and the battle system (despite being toned down - this IS an earlier iteration of the series) is still sublime. I'm glad I bought it, my PSP finally has a use.

I think it also helps that Tales of Symphonia was one of my favourite GameCube games, if not my favourite of them all. Man, it's nice to relive a similar experience with no idea where the story or characters are going.

i got breath of fire today. its very tedious, and not really what i was expecting. im gonna return it tommorow in exchange for rise of apocalypse.

@Johelian

If there isn't a USB connection, how do i transfer my pictures, music, videos then? :laughing:

Perhaps because it uses the same USB device connection as a camera; it doesnt have a USB port on the actual device to plug a keyboard into :indeed: Really, I didnt think that needed explaining.

i got breath of fire today. its very tedious, and not really what i was expecting. im gonna return it tommorow in exchange for rise of apocalypse.

What a pity; it does get quite interesting further in I think, and is a massive game. Are you sure you dont want to give it another chance?

What a pity; it does get quite interesting further in I think, and is a massive game. Are you sure you dont want to give it another chance?

to be honest i kinda brought it on a spur of the moment thing and im not really into rpgs

to be honest i kinda brought it on a spur of the moment thing and im not really into rpgs

Your bound to hate it as it an old-skool Rpg with many a random battle and turn-based. Personally I love games like that.

GTA: LCS ownz me :yay: 36% of the game finished,

i'm at the third ''part'' of the game, i can see the whole map now! : peace:

Also, my UMD Holder arrived today (yeah they sent it here, to Serbia,

i can't believe it either :laughing: ). It holds 5 UMDs and 2 Memory Sticks and it really looks nice. AND, it's free. For those of you that didn't know,

you register on yourpsp.com and they send it to you! Before,

they sent Spider Man 2 UMD movie, too bad i was late and registered few weeks after :hmm:

@The3rdChildren

So after some more time with the game, can you say something more about it? Is it really that good? :bouncy:

i also got the UMD holder a couple of days ago, then i didnt get that code for yourgaminganem.com so i sent for another then a day later it comes! how annoying i thought it came with the holder. i havnt been playing with my psp lately even though i havnt finished gta , im gonna go try and finish it now...

on a later post i enquired about fifa 06 vs pro evo 5, i got told that pe5 blew fifa06 into oblivion. but with recent loan i come to the agrement that i have always had, i dont know why (might be something to do with they dont have licenses and they couldnt think of anything else to differ themselves to fifa and decided to settle with swaping the controls over?) but i hate the pro evolution soccar series, and even though im not to fond of ea, much admire there attempt at a real football game for consoles.

on a later post i enquired about fifa 06 vs pro evo 5, i got told that pe5 blew fifa06 into oblivion. but with recent loan i come to the agrement that i have always had, i dont know why (might be something to do with they dont have licenses and they couldnt think of anything else to differ themselves to fifa and decided to settle with swaping the controls over?) but i hate the pro evolution soccar series, and even though im not to fond of ea, much admire there attempt at a real football game for consoles.

I presume you haven't played real football have you because EA does an awful job at replicating it IMO, it's just sluggish. How you could call it a realistic game is beyond me.

Pro Evo is the closest gaming has gotten to real football, pretty much EVERY player has their own distinct animation that you see them do in real life, it's fluid and perfectly balanced; the ultimate sports game. :)

THANK YOU NAMCO! Now i actually have a reason to play my PSP again

for all of you thinking about getting Tales Of Eternia, get it, and get it quick.

Speaking of a game making you wanna play your PSP again!

Daxter is out tuesday and got a SUPERB 9.0 on IGN! I've preordered it from VGP!

Cannot wait! Finally a good adventure game i'm interested in, hopefully it's more like Jak and Daxter and less like the other ones (i prefered number 1)! :)

i also got the UMD holder a couple of days ago, then i didnt get that code for yourgaminganem.com so i sent for another then a day later it comes! how annoying i thought it came with the holder. i havnt been playing with my psp lately even though i havnt finished gta , im gonna go try and finish it now...

I still don't have the holder! I registered my PSP in late December, but it still isn't here! Did it take so long with you too or is something wrong here? My ps2 network disc also took very long to get here, but I don't think it took THAT long :P

I still don't have the holder! I registered my PSP in late December, but it still isn't here! Did it take so long with you too or is something wrong here? My ps2 network disc also took very long to get here, but I don't think it took THAT long :P

i registered way back in september when i go it, i got spiderman 2 umd, i dont remember it taking a really long time, i think it was just a couple of days

yeah it took ages to get here, iwasnt tracking time, but it did seem a long time.

i might get that new street fighter game, i played on a mates who got it and its pretty fun. anyone else here got it, what do you think of it, should i get that or breath of fire or tales? when i get money

iv lost my analogue nub recently, and im just wandering where I can buy a replacment one from? (I live in England)

This has been a great month for the PSP!

Daxter, Megaman Powered Up, Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai, Metal Gear Ac!d 2 and Splinter Cell Essentials are all out now!

I'm so fu*ked, i want them all plus Metroid Prime Hunters for DS but i have money for one game only :( What should i do? :(