NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

People criticised the boomerang, but how many of them actually held it? It might've been really comfy for all we know.

I've always found the PS2 controller to be too small, the handles just aren't long enough (and I've played on it quite a bit), I would've thought they would've changed the controller a little bit at least, keeping the same looks. The joystick placement is now dated as you use the joystick for virtually every game, swap the left joystick with the D-Pad and it would be a lot better.

Agreed on all points.

I've always found the PS2 controller to be too small, the handles just aren't long enough (and I've played on it quite a bit), I would've thought they would've changed the controller a little bit at least, keeping the same looks. The joystick placement is now dated as you use the joystick for virtually every game, swap the left joystick with the D-Pad and it would be a lot better.

Sonys design team are lazy fuckers, the PS3 pad is barely changed from the original PS pad. All they've done over the years is tacked on a couple of analogue sticks, made slight adjustments to the shoulder buttons added, then taken away, rumble, and added crude motion sensing which hasn't been used effectively in one game yet.

I guess it really comes from what you played on alot. My friend Leanne prefers the analogue sticks like they are on the PS2. She's owned a Snes, PSX and PS2 and now has a 360 as well.

Myself prefer it the other way round like on the 360 pad.

I guess it really comes from what you played on alot. My friend Leanne prefers the analogue sticks like they are on the PS2. She's owned a Snes, PSX and PS2 and now has a 360 as well.

Myself prefer it the other way round like on the 360 pad.

Yeah, I think the 360 pad is one of the most comfortable pads I have ever used.

I prefer Ninty Analogue Sticks or 360 sticks.

Yeah, I think the 360 pad is one of the most comfortable pads I have ever used.

IMO GC Is the most comfortable, but I LOVE the 360 trigger buttons.

I prefer Ninty Analogue Sticks or 360 sticks.

Just aslong as you don't mean the stupid C stick on the Gamecube pad.

Just aslong as you don't mean the stupid C stick on the Gamecube pad.

Yeah. That was a bit of a mistake. Must be their tiny Japanese finger tips.

I thought the C-Stick was quite funny. Without it metroid wouldnt have been what it is. So dont diss!

To be honest, the PS pads are always good, its just they are eclipsed by microsoft and N.

I mean, the amount of crap PC pads in the world is incredible. They cant even get a D-pad right. One that i had had a D-pad that was slanted aquardly, really tacky and uncomfortable, you didnt get any satisfying movement with it, sometimes it got jammed (ala R2/L2 buttons on PS pads) and if you press up your car would go left. It was everything that you dont want in a D-pad, it really couldnt be any worse, unless it puked on you every time you touched it.

I have played on my PS2 many a time, and ive got used to all of its buttons placements and colours etc. So i'll go through the 'Glitches with PS pad'.

1: the 4 action button placements. They are all really hard to use quickly, and pressing two simultaneously can be a bit of a challenge, especially when trying to use triangle and square at the same time. just moving the buttons a bit closer together and sliding the X button up would solve everything. I remember in Tekkan it required you to use all 4 action buttons to charge up, and that is stupid for obvious reasons. (try it)

2: The trigger buttons are unsatisfying to press, and in my friends controllers, the R2/L2 buttons get stuck and its really hard to pull them out of their new position. Another problem with having 4 triggers which are similar in size is that you lose a lot of comfort when you are playing games which are using all 4 of them. it means that you have to put your middle fingers on R2/L2 and you index fingers on L1/R1. that means you take support away from holding the controller. The PS3 isnt as bad because you have the comfort of the anologue triggers similar to Microsoft and Nintendos past pads.

3: the dpad, left analogue contradiction everyone has been talking about

I wish GAME would hurry up and get on with the online pre-orders for the ps3!!! what are they waiting for??? i need to use my £30 worth of reward points lol

I wish GAME would hurry up and get on with the online pre-orders for the ps3!!! what are they waiting for??? i need to use my £30 worth of reward points lol

You can use those points in store, and are more likely to actually get one.

You can use those points in store, and are more likely to actually get one.

Is it in your job description that you have to advertise for GAME when you're online? Take it that you didnt mention GAME there but you have said it a few times 'GAME RULEZ'.

Nah just kidding, but do you like working there, do you think the store? Is it worse than any other local stores and what are the best deals GAME have ever offered? Also, what are your experiences like, do some people ask really obvious stuff, and does it bore you when people ask if there's Wii stock.

Ive bumped into some really annoying GAME staff, I ask them politely 'so the wii is out of stock still then?' and one person replied 'of course it is' as though i was thick, and one person yawned, nodded and as i was about to say something else they walked through the door behind the till. OK it's probably quite a tedious job, but you have to think about the customer, treat with with respect and put yourself in their position. Its so hard to get a Wii, and you cant allow yourself to show your irritation, because if the public dont ask for what they really want, they'll never get.

Rant over.

The GAME staff where i am are 'tards, that's why i prefer gamestation, the guys in there are fun.

I placed an order with GAME earlier but i think im gonna cancel it... i don't like the way a £565 bundle was forced upon me! (PS3 + Resistance Fall of Man, Virtua Fighter 5 & Virtua Tennis 3)

The other bundle offered is £555... That includes the PS3 + Resistance Fall of Man, COD 3 & Motorstorm

I placed an order with GAME earlier but i think im gonna cancel it... i don't like the way a £565 bundle was forced upon me! (PS3 + Resistance Fall of Man, Virtua Fighter 5 & Virtua Tennis 3)

The other bundle offered is £555... That includes the PS3 + Resistance Fall of Man, COD 3 & Motorstorm

Especially how a few weeks ago sega delayed VF5 in europe

order from amazon tomorrow, they just doing the console without any games for £425

I couldn't be bothered with all this online shit so i just went to the shop and pre-ordered the console alone... and im guaranteed 1 :laughing:

Is it in your job description that you have to advertise for GAME when you're online? Take it that you didnt mention GAME there but you have said it a few times 'GAME RULEZ'.

I was helping...

Nah just kidding, but do you like working there, do you think the store? Is it worse than any other local stores and what are the best deals GAME have ever offered? Also, what are your experiences like, do some people ask really obvious stuff, and does it bore you when people ask if there's Wii stock.

Ive bumped into some really annoying GAME staff, I ask them politely 'so the wii is out of stock still then?' and one person replied 'of course it is' as though i was thick, and one person yawned, nodded and as i was about to say something else they walked through the door behind the till. OK it's probably quite a tedious job, but you have to think about the customer, treat with with respect and put yourself in their position. Its so hard to get a Wii, and you cant allow yourself to show your irritation, because if the public dont ask for what they really want, they'll never get.

Rant over.

The job is good because of the people there, the company can be idiots at times.

And you have to realise we get asked "You got any Wiis" at least thirty times a day, since December 8th. That is roughly 2700 times. It is quite annoying. And the best thing is once the Wii is up for general sale, we repeat the cycle with the PS3 until Christmas and then we have Christmas. It will be this time next year before we can stop having hundreds of phonecalls a day.

I was helping...

The job is good because of the people there, the company can be idiots at times.

And you have to realise we get asked "You got any Wiis" at least thirty times a day, since December 8th. That is roughly 2700 times. It is quite annoying. And the best thing is once the Wii is up for general sale, we repeat the cycle with the PS3 until Christmas and then we have Christmas. It will be this time next year before we can stop having hundreds of phonecalls a day.

Keeps you occupied at least :wink:

You should put up a large sign next to the counter, saying

"Before you ask, NO, we do not have any Wiis today."

When I was queing up to get my wii, once there were more people there than wiis, they stuck up a poster outside the shop to say that they didn't have any left. People came up and read it before joining the back of the queue.

I was helping...

Unless Nintendo bring out DS:Micro or even the Wii+

When I was queing up to get my wii, once there were more people there than wiis, they stuck up a poster outside the shop to say that they didn't have any left. People came up and read it before joining the back of the queue.

People have more hope than sense sometimes. :heh:

Can't really due to the empty threats of high management coming in.

People will ignore signage and any clear signs of something afoot. eg they seem to think "Hmm, the door is locked, there is nobody else inside. I know! I'll shake the door handle vigarously and see if the stores open at 7am!" Idiots. The general public are morons.

Keeps you occupied at least :wink:

*evil scowl*