NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

I feel like Konami stabbed me in the back. Hasn't DS treated you nice? Fuck you! I can't afford a PSP!

Also, dear lord can't you people notice sarcasm?

It may be just me but I posted that 13 days ago, I can afford a psp, I have a ds - both systems lack a good percentage of awesome titles though

It may be just me but I posted that 13 days ago, I can afford a psp, I have a ds - both systems lack a good percentage of awesome titles though

The ds has tonnes of awesome games: certainly more than the psp.

I have 7 psp games, all but 2 of which were impulse buys, whereas I have about 20 on ds that I've completed or played to death.

I got a PSP yesterday, I had some Gamestation credit notes going to waste. I use to have one that I imported from Lik-Sang (i miss lik-sang sony!) but sold it ages ago.

Because I have not played a PSP in a while there's all these great games to play like Loco Roco, Daxter, Killzone, Tekken and Ghosts and Goblins. And Metal Gear Portable Ops arrived in the post today.

I also like the Remote Play function with the PS3. :)

Is the PS3 gonna sell out at launch over here? I'm not sure that it will if there are 700,000 units!

It's just that the local Virgin has just started taking pre-orders and I might reserve one if there's a chance of it selling out!

Is the PS3 gonna sell out at launch over here? I'm not sure that it will if there are 700,000 units!

It's just that the local Virgin has just started taking pre-orders and I might reserve one if there's a chance of it selling out!

I personally doubt that they are going to sell out, but like Caris said, it cant really do any harm.

I personally doubt that they are going to sell out, but like Caris said, it cant really do any harm.

I wonder if local retail price will put some ice on the hat. Finlan'd retail price is 699 euros, which is little too much. :)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Right ok, i wanna get this off my chest as its doing my head in.

The Playstation 3 is NOT too much for a console.

Whys that Caris?

Jimmy take a seat and listen.

PS3 60gb - £425

Features:

60gb HDD

BlueTooth Six Axis pad with a Rechargable battery built in

Joypad charge lead

Free Online Service

HDMI output

Memory Card Reader.

Blu Ray HD player.

Xbox 360 premium pack - £290

Features:

20gb HDD

Wireless pad without Rechargeable battery

Silver Live

No HDMI output

So lets add up what it would cost to make the specs equal to the PS3.

1 Year Live: £32.99

Play and Charge kit: £12.99

HD DVD Drive: £129.99

so there the 360 is £466, and thats still without a HDMI output, a much smaller HDD, none bluetooth pads, Memory Card Reader, a slighty less powerful machine etc etc.

I love both Consoles but people should know that PS3 is not overpriced.

There you go Jimmy.

And if you want to have a wireless network, you forgot about the 360s Wireless adaptor. £54.99 I think it is. 60GB PS3 has it built in as well.

I don't know what it is about the PS3, it just feels like a well designed console compared to the 360.

I also get that feeling too. That's probably down to it not actually freezing on a game yet though.

I'm on my second 360 and that's starting to freeze on certain games now.

I love the 360, but after playing the PS3 it really does sound too loud.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Its true though theres prob around 10 brilliant games on the DS, the rest are either way too short or just purely bad to play

Its maybe microsoft rushed their product to launch to try and beat sony.

Microsoft are bringing out a new 360 with HDMI output.

The main problem i have with the PS3 is that it's forcing us to have all this stuff. Yes, if you want to have it all, buy one. But the gamer who wants only to play games is better off with a 360, because it allows you to chose what you want.

What if you dont want a Blu Ray player built in? Blu Rays will fail. Fact. Note; This is not a jibe against the PS3...Id be stupid to do that in the PS3 thread heh heh.