N-Europe

Weight to the Revolution's new name?

david.dakota

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If, and it is an IF, the Revolution is called the Nintendo RS, perhaps it would be an acronym for Nintendo Revolution System?

I really wouldn't mind it to be the Nintendo RS.

But now with Red Steel, it seems to be the second last nail in the coffin.

32 days to go.

Why would the name of a game from a developer other than Nintendo give anything away for the final name of the Rev? The name could be RS but it could also be a lot of other names, I don't see the connection between having a game called Red Steel and the name Nintendo RS. The DS didn't have a game that used it's name did it?

If it was called Red Steel RS then yeah, I'd have to agree but it's just Red Steel. It's just the name of a game, if they'd have called it "Steel of Redness" would you be saying the Rev will be called Nintendo SoR?

Nintendo RS is still a good name for the system though, and could well be the final name but I wouldn't base that on this game's name.

I certainly hope its not Nintendo RS.

In Australia RS is slang for RAT SHIITE.

"Hey guys, look at Tommy, he's playing that RAT SHIITE Nintendo console"

"WTF, the new Nintendo RS console is RAT SHIITE"

And where exactly are you from?

Don't generalise, I haven't heard someone use that term for years, furthermore, I've hardly ever heard someone abbreviate it to RS.

And where exactly are you from?

Don't generalise, I haven't heard someone use that term for years, furthermore, I've hardly ever heard someone abbreviate it to RS.

I'm from Melbourne and I hear this term a lot. I wasnt having a go at the Rev, but I can see this happening.

For you doubters here is a link

hennessyinfolink.com.au/speak_australian

Another Link:

appliancespares.com.au/lingo

I'm from Melbourne and I hear this term a lot. I wasnt having a go at the Rev, but I can see this happening.

For you doubters here is a link

hennessyinfolink.com.au/speak_australian

Another Link:

appliancespares.com.au/lingo

I don't need a link that thinks it can tell me what it thinks it knows to be common speech in a place I live in.

Poor Melbourne, slipping down the drain every year. Such a pitty too, it's so much better than Sydney.

Regardless, I don't think the console should remain with Revolution, it sounds far too cocky.

I'd put money on it, and i'm not a gambler. It would make sense for many, many reasons.

It would be keeping the Revolution name, and the hype that has been generated along with this name will stick.

It's giving it a catchy name that doesn't sound cliched or aged. (playstation3 anyone?)

It is showing that the console is from the same company to that who created the NintendoDS. Shows a link. Keeps the continuity.

You knows it.

I'm pretty sure they won't keep the Revolution name, as it's just too many syllables for a mainstream catchy name.

God knows what'll be though ??? But RS seems too close to the DS name, but I dunno whether that's a good thing or not?

I thought they overdid it with the DS games.. I mean

Mario Kart DS, fair enough it needed a title to differentiate it from the other Mario Karts.

But Dawn of Souls?

Deadly Silence?

Advanced Wars: Dual Strike

Dig Dug Digging Strike (WTF)

Guilty Gear Dust Strikers

Lunar: Dragon Song

Mr. Driller Drill Spirits

Poker: Deluxe Series

and a wealth of other titles that were just plain lazy to think of something original so just named it Harvest Moon DS (for example)

It's not hard to come up with something original and catchy.. I mean, No End Soon wasn't such a bad name really.. despite being a homage to the NES. And WarioWare Touched!/Pushed!

That's original but still echoes what the system can do.. Yoshi Touch and Go, crap game but good name.

I hope we don't get a load of games named RS just because the system is called that and it's an exclusive game.. that will suck balls if that's the case.

I mean, we don't get 'Grand Theft Auto: pussy street party' or Gran Turismo: perfect simulator portable'

So why plague the Revolution with a bunch of titles with names that barely relate to the plot. I'll let Red Steel off if the name is in fact Revolution System.. but I really don't want to see 20 other launch titles with RS in the name.

I thought they overdid it with the DS games.. I mean

Mario Kart DS, fair enough it needed a title to differentiate it from the other Mario Karts.

But Dawn of Souls?

Deadly Silence?

Advanced Wars: Dual Strike

Dig Dug Digging Strike (WTF)

Guilty Gear Dust Strikers

Lunar: Dragon Song

Mr. Driller Drill Spirits

Poker: Deluxe Series

and a wealth of other titles that were just plain lazy to think of something original so just named it Harvest Moon DS (for example)

It's not hard to come up with something original and catchy.. I mean, No End Soon wasn't such a bad name really.. despite being a homage to the NES. And WarioWare Touched!/Pushed!

That's original but still echoes what the system can do.. Yoshi Touch and Go, crap game but good name.

I hope we don't get a load of games named RS just because the system is called that and it's an exclusive game.. that will suck balls if that's the case.

I mean, we don't get 'Grand Theft Auto: pussy street party' or Gran Turismo: perfect simulator portable'

So why plague the Revolution with a bunch of titles with names that barely relate to the plot. I'll let Red Steel off if the name is in fact Revolution System.. but I really don't want to see 20 other launch titles with RS in the name.

It's inevitable. :p

As much as you'd hate it, i can really see it happening. It didn't happen on the gamecube though. We didn't see Mario Kart gamecube. Or F zero gamecube. So..maybe. Just maybe.

So if they changed the name to nothing to do with revolution, will this site change it's name?!

Maybe we will, maybe we won't. It's not even a problem, with things like redirects. :)

And, we've already established a user base under the revolution name. I'd be happy to keep this site name even if Nintendo decide to change the name of their new console.