NEurope
Ashley

Lost in May

Yeah, I'll further the philosophy thing. There's probably nothing major being spoiled here, but ya know.

Edit: Screw the spoiler tags.

These are the connections I've made:

Jean-Jacques Rousseau theorised the idea of the noble savage, which stated that a child raised in the wilderness and left to its own accord will develop efficiently and become far 'superior' to a child raised under society in terms of ethics. You can see this in Danielle Rousseau's character as she's been isolated in the wild for so long she's developed her own set of skills and seems to be a very helpful lass.

David Hume hated induction, which he said was the result of mankind just getting used to what it's seeing. He said the future could not be predicted simply on the past, as there is no reason why the past should be like the future. Desmond's life all seems to be about change, hence the different 'past' and 'future' boxes.

John Locke coined the 'tabula raza' (blank slate), where humans did not have any innate knowledge and prior experiences, and their identity is due to what kind of decisions they make in life. You can see this in Locke in lost as when he lands on the island, his legs functions again, and he plans on leading a new life (i.e. Making a tabula rasa of himself and wiping away his past). john Locke also believed all men were born equal, which I suppose you coud craw a parallel with Johnny boy's 'Who are we to tell anyone what they can and cannot do?'.

Also, on the Hurley solipsism line, solipsism is the belief that the only thing that is real is the self, and that everything else is the product of your imagination (for example, dreaming, or being deceived by an 'evil demon'). Ever watched the Matrix? Yeah, that's pretty much solipsism.

If I did I'd be lying. I like toys, I like Lost. What's not for me to like?

That's not a toy, that's a bloody paperweight.

I've got to rant about these flashbacks now, why don't they remove them? They're a crock of Donkey Kong's jizz. I wanted to watch Max & Paddy so had to watch the end of Lost, something about that foreign woman [i watched it up to the point when she wasn't that foreign at all] losing her wedding ring, and they go into flashbacks about how her and her bitch met... who gives a shit? They're on a fucking island!

That's not a toy, that's a bloody paperweight.

I've got to rant about these flashbacks now, why don't they remove them? They're a crock of Donkey Kong's jizz. I wanted to watch Max & Paddy so had to watch the end of Lost, something about that foreign woman [i watched it up to the point when she wasn't that foreign at all] losing her wedding ring, and they go into flashbacks about how her and her bitch met... who gives a shit? They're on a fucking island!

It adds depth to a character...

For anyone who always wanted a Lost screensaver, head here for a download.

It basically replicates the computer screen, and has you input the numbers when the screensaver comes up to get back off it. It has all the sounds too, which is nice.

I've started watching Lost recently, and it is awesome. I only have 12 episodes of Season 1, but i'll be getting more soon.

From what i've read, Season 2 finale is... spectacular, one of the best ever.

Watched ep21, will downlaod 22 & 23 on wed or thurs, whichever is beggining of month, probly download 2 monday actually, then 23 wed/thurs

After seeing all of season 2, I'm left here amazed, and angry. I wanted questions answered and all I got was more questions. Which is great in the sense that I can't wait for season 3, but I know they'll answer with more questions like always.

The Others, I'm now confused what their motives are. I thought they were natives trying to survive. Now they appear to be something quite different with ideas of something greater, and isn't the dude with the fake beard the army guy, then Desmonds button pal? Now that leaves me confused. Thinking possibly they're a group of people who were fooled by Dharma. Why take Jack, Sawyer and Kate then? They don't need Walt anymore, why the hell did they take him? They don't appear to be concerned by the hatch. Wanted Locke, but never took him. Also, is 'Henry' the leader? Or was that just the impression I was given.

And whats with the Dharma iniative, now I fell under the 'fake' trap, and I definitely thought it was when I saw the tubes in the field. But the finale left me believing the button pushing was serving a purpose. What is the aim of the iniative, it must be fake, because some poor sod wasn't pushing that forever.

After seeing all of season 2, I'm left here amazed, and angry. I wanted questions answered and all I got was more questions. Which is great in the sense that I can't wait for season 3, but I know they'll answer with more questions like always.

The Others, I'm now confused what their motives are. I thought they were natives trying to survive. Now they appear to be something quite different with ideas of something greater, and isn't the dude with the fake beard the army guy, then Desmonds button pal? Now that leaves me confused. Thinking possibly they're a group of people who were fooled by Dharma. Why take Jack, Sawyer and Kate then? They don't need Walt anymore, why the hell did they take him? They don't appear to be concerned by the hatch. Wanted Locke, but never took him. Also, is 'Henry' the leader? Or was that just the impression I was given.

And whats with the Dharma iniative, now I fell under the 'fake' trap, and I definitely thought it was when I saw the tubes in the field. But the finale left me believing the button pushing was serving a purpose. What is the aim of the iniative, it must be fake, because some poor sod wasn't pushing that forever.

Naa Desmond's friend (Kelvin?) and Zeek aren't the same people, although they are very alike. He is the one that released Sayeed in the desert or wherever it was though.

I think Henry is the leader too, or if not the leader very high up atleast. I'm looking forward to finding out more about the others, we'll probably see them a lot now they've captured them three.

Naa Desmond's friend (Kelvin?) and Zeek aren't the same people, although they are very alike. He is the one that released Sayeed in the desert or wherever it was though.

I think Henry is the leader too, or if not the leader very high up atleast. I'm looking forward to finding out more about the others, we'll probably see them a lot now they've captured them three.

They look very alike, I was sure they were the same guy. Maybe they aren't. Thats the problem with the show it never spells it out for you, so your left guessing and trying to put the pieces together yourself.

Great finale, i think S1's finale was more exciting, itll be interesting to see what the others have in store for jack, kate and sawyr.

What happened to Sayid?

They look very alike, I was sure they were the same guy. Maybe they aren't. Thats the problem with the show it never spells it out for you, so your left guessing and trying to put the pieces together yourself.

They defintely aren't the same person, I've got a screen cap of them both and when compared close up they don't look the same. And one of them is definitely dead when Desmond kills him