N-Europe

Mac users- Skip 10.4.6 for now.

Nintendork

If you're on Tiger forget 10.4.6, it's been showing up some dodgy symptoms.

My mates Mac is totally screwed and I had a bizare start up with an OS9 style folder with a question mark, then a happy mac logo- I figured it'd be fine.

Booted into the OS X grey Apple style load up and totally hooked up there, after 60 seconds it beefed and restarted the cycle.

Cup of tea later I was sitting there watching it and I just pressed enter on the OS 9 logo and it worked.

Seems I managed to dodge it, this update doesn't appear to have been tested properly from Apple- perhaps a rushed deadline but if you're on Tiger skip it until later this week unless you're feeling risky.

Windows fanboys I'm not interested, nobody is faultless.. Computers are our lives unfortunately, we rely on them far too much but it is not funny when one dies and is beyond repair.

Peace out.

Yeah it f****d up my dad's powerbook, and we had to call technical support to get that working, but my iMac is alright.

Unlucky man, Tech support wont talk to me after the 90 days support is up.

They charge £30 just to talk to you, I don't care how good their support is when you're paying for the call you shouldn't have to pay for the service.

Especially when it's their fault.

I lost all my playlists with that rushed iTunes update 5.1 which screwed my library then my whole Mac.. I've backed up my libraries .xml file now but I still think it's wise to check the safety of updates because Apple has dropped the ball on this one and many iTunes updates, which seem to be every other week.