NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Battalion Wars Revolution; Confirmed!!

http://www.cubed3.com

Over at IGN it has been confirmed that Nintendo and Kuju Entertainment are teaming up once more to bring a sequel to the excellent Battalion Wars to the Revolution, complete with online gameplay!

http://www.ign.com

IGN - Kuju Entertainment interview;

http://cube.ign.com/articles/654/654724p1.html

At E3 2005, Kuju said that it was in positive talks with Nintendo about future games and then alluded to a Revolution sequel. Asked about the omission of a GCN multiplayer mode, the developer responded: "All we can say is, we're very aware of how important multiplayer is for possible future versions of Battalion Wars." Since that time, IGN has been able to validate that the company is underway with a sequel to the franchise for Nintendo's next generation console. It is expected to be online.

IGN: "Why did you opt not to include naval units in the game?"

Kuju:

Again, this really has more to do with the pressures of an 18-month development cycle than any positive decision to remove them. These kinds of features are on the top of our agenda for any possible future iteration of Battalion Wars. Along with a few other items, I might add.

Kuju:

"We're hugely excited about the possibilities of the Revolution and its controller. The office went bananas when we first saw it in action. For me, Revolution is far and away the most challenging and interesting platform to consider developing for. The implications of the controller are huge. For aiming, and for ordering, just imagine a system so intuitive that the player can indicate "you -- go there!" with a gesture."

So what would everyone like to see in the Batalion Wars sequel?

Multi-player, Online, New Vehicles, Sea Battles, Unlockables etc...

Russell Grant.

He can be the evil leader of a new army, who are hell bent on writing dodgy horrorscopes.

Wohoo! Battalion Wars was good, and it had great gameplay. A Rev edition could be awsome, esp with great multiplayer and the rev controller.

The original Battalion Wars is one of the most fun games to play on the cube, but it was lacking the multi-player option. It didnt hurt the game for it but it still would have been nice. All they need to do is polish the games look and add Multi-player and they are on to a real winner. Hopefully more people will buy this version.....

It's not too unexpected but great to hear that it's basically confirmed. I really hope they include co-op play. I think it would be so well suited for a co-op campain, maybe that one controls the troops while the other player controls the tanks or so.

This is what I said here on 1/02/06

I can confirm that Kuju is indeed working on a Battalion Wars 2 and it's in development at this moment along with 1 other title for the Revolution. I can't wait till this game is revealed and comes out. I don't know how far it's in development but talk is that the games is already looking great. Apparently the Revolution features work great and do this games well. Expect online play also. Everything they couldn't do in the GC version they are putting on the Revolution version.

I can now reveal some of the features in the game:

A few different multi-player modes including online and co-op.

Land and Sea battles

New Vehicles

Unlockables

From what I have recently heard the game is progressing well and looking great. Sounds like Kuju is working on a top-notch title.

This is the best news i've had concerning the Revolution since online Smash Bros. Battalion Wars is a friggin excellent game, the only drawback I found was the lack of multiplayer.

Yeah 2-4 player Co-op would be AWESOME!!

I played 3 player Conflict Desert Storm recently and playing that sort of game multiplayer really makes the game!

The original Battalion Wars is one of the most fun games to play on the cube, but it was lacking the multi-player option. It didnt hurt the game for it but it still would have been nice. All they need to do is polish the games look and add Multi-player and they are on to a real winner. Hopefully more people will buy this version.....

One thing though: Nintendo should change the controls. I want to aim myself, not have an extreme lockon feature.

I am quite sure Nintendo'll do that anyways. Why? Cuz' the'yre doing it to Metroid Prime 3 (or at least they did it in the revo demo of MP2).

I allso think there should be two different versions of Battalion Wars. One that looks like the previous installment (but with more polys, higher texture res, better draw distanc, more vehicles on screen and yadda yadda), plus another one with BF2 graphics. Would blow both Microsoft and Sony out of the sky :santa:

Excellent! Always knew it would happen on the Rev, and multiplayer just makes it even better.

Lock 'n' load boys, lock 'n' load

Excellent! Always knew it would happen on the Rev, and multiplayer just makes it even better.

Lock 'n' load boys, lock 'n' load

*Cocks Shotgun*

BigTac can also confirm exclusively that Batallion Wars is a game, and it is on DVD which is a circular disc by the way.. it comes in a box and that box is made of plastic.

I can also now confirm other such general educated guesses in a tone that sounds like I have real industry contacts about every developper on the planet.

The GameCube version looked okay, I probably wont buy it though.

What? He's rewording what the established media have told us with some general fabrication and he struts around the forum acting like he has contacts within the gaming industry.

I don't care what you think of me to be blunt.. but I wont have such blatent lieing on the forums.. He does not know these things, he makes them up.

I know, but you seem to want to reply to anything said on this forum and it's getting quite annoying that you post something and ten seconds later (I'm not kidding) you see Nintendork has commented on your post.

I allso think there should be two different versions of Battalion Wars. One that looks like the previous installment (but with more polys, higher texture res, better draw distanc, more vehicles on screen and yadda yadda), plus another one with BF2 graphics. Would blow both Microsoft and Sony out of the sky :santa:

No. I'm sorry mate but if you want battlefield 2 graphics buy battlefield 2. One of the greatest things about the game was its unique cartoony atmosohere, similar to that of its spiritual ancestor advance wars.

As for the news, they seem to have adressed everything that was wrong with the first (which wasn't a lot) AND added online play, so i'm very accited about this, especially since the first was so fun. Maybe a little diffferentiation between sides for the multiplayer, like for example the green team has a supertank and motorbikes whilst orange has jets and snipers.

I know, but you seem to want to reply to anything said on this forum and it's getting quite annoying that you post something and ten seconds later (I'm not kidding) you see Nintendork has commented on your post.

Yes, your post comes 7 minutes before 6 o'clock peak time when the forums get busy.

screenshot531jc.th.jpg

Just because I made a ton of posts does not retract from their quality or dilute them in any way.

Everyone is welcome to check my posts from today, I think you'll find they're a very noble contribution to the forum on the whole. Excluding this post and the one slating BigTac.

http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/search.php?searchid=46203

Other criticisms: There are 24 hours in a day, 60 minutes, 60 seconds in each of those minutes. My average post count is 9.80 posts a day, which would equate to 100 seconds by your theory, which is just under 2 minutes of that day.

As far as I am concerned, you are kidding.

Yeah 2-4 player Co-op would be AWESOME!!

I played 3 player Conflict Desert Storm recently and playing that sort of game multiplayer really makes the game!

4-Player Conflict...Those were the days, heheh

I'd just love to see another Battalion Wars with more vehicles (A tank better than the Battlestation, which I dont like) and infantry. Sea stuff would be really cool.

I've updated the news at the top with more of the IGN - Kuju interview about the sequel and Kuju Entertainments thought on the Revolution!

Hmmm....Some of the answers Kuju gave in that interview are suspiciously similar to the ones they gave me when I interviewed them back before christmas. Seems they have a stock of answers ready for any Q&As that come their way.

Checkpoints! Custom Maps(free maps with you setting rules)! Base building! Multiplayer! *faints*

Be nice, not everybody knew forehand what Big-Tac was saying.

Never played it for the cube but i heard it was good and im looking forward to it on the Rev.

id love to see 2 on 2 online lultiplayer, that would be aweseom, it owuld be good for a headset so you could chat, butidoubt that. but hopefully. or even more maybe 6 on 6 mulitplayer, massive brawls. awesome, gotta get the GC one to find out what its plays like then i coud possibly think of more ideas.

BigTac can also confirm exclusively that Batallion Wars is a game, and it is on DVD which is a circular disc by the way.. it comes in a box and that box is made of plastic.

Come on ... BicTac gives us a lot of good stuff. He dosn't claim to be prophet og anything, but just some good info. For you and the [very] few others who don't belive him this was just a proof from him. He said two months ago, that they are working on Battalian Wars for Revolution and now it's official.

His post two months ago:

http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=83513#post83513

There is really no reason to disguss his reliability and definitly not bash him like that! A lot of us really appreciate his info. : peace:

I don't mind you comment on everything, but you tend to sound a little arrogant. Or is it just me?

Sign in to follow this