N-Europe

What happens at Nintendo UK?

|Laguna|

Now I'm sure many of you have looked at your manual and when coming to end of them on the backpage it has the Nintendo logo and underneath

UK and Ireland:

Nintendo UK

188 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3GA, U.K

So what I want to know is what actually goes on there?

Just always been curious as I live kinda near it and I wondered if some walking-talking Nintendo knowledge bank or industry person knew. Thanks :idea:

Offtopic, but Laguna isn't you sig pedrocasilva's one?

Hmm, I see it is., but mines better because it's centred :heh: Darn, I was rather fond of that sig I found. Oh well, time for change...

Whaddya think?

On another note, related to the topic, I was primarily thinking about it because, albeit farfeteched, I was thinking about the possibility of doing my compulsory work experience there.

Hmm, I see it is., but mines better because it's centred :heh: Darn, I was rather fond of that sig I found. Oh well, time for change...

Whaddya think?

I'd like you to keep the old one :wink: I don't mind changing, I already thought various times it was time for a change, now it is. :)

so here's the old sig, feel free to use it:

twilight_sig.jpg

What do you think of this new sig I have? :D

Tales of phantasia, my favorite game ever right next to Majora Mask ^_^

PS: sorry for making a post of offtopic

I imagine

1)customer service phoneline (general point of contact for people to contact Nintendo)

2)repairs

3)distribution of Nintendo merchandise.

4) Have tea and biscuits. Less time for this now as DS is picking up pace, but it still takes a major chunk of their day.

Yeah it is pretty much a customer service phoneline place. And from my experience of them all they do all day is bang their heads together and wander around like chimps. Jesus, even Nintendo's PR company cause me less frustation then the customer service guys.

I beleive its the management offices for NIntendo UK. Codestorm is contracted to offer the (poor) customer service side of the business, so its definately not that and the Slough side will no doubt make the decisions at a national level (doubt NOE in Germany have much understanding of the UK gaming market..!).

This is what I got back from an e-mail I sent them enquring what goes on there....

Dear Customer, thank you for your e-mail.

This is the administrative HQ for Nintendo UK.

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team

Extremely informative as you can see :hmm:

This is what I got back from an e-mail I sent them enquring what goes on there....

This is the administrative HQ for Nintendo UK.

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team

Extremely informative as you can see :hmm:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D DUH!! : peace:

that was a good one XD

• 2 weeks later...

Sent them this e-mail

"Dear Sir/Madam

Would it be possible then to enquire through you instead of directly to

Mansour House?

The main reason for me e-mailing them would be to enquire whether I

could arrange two weeks worth of unpaid work experience at Mansour House

because the grammar school I am currently attending requires that each student that wishes to get back into the Sixth Form must have some kind of work experience.

I would like to work at Mansour House primarily because it offers me an

insight into a world of work which is unknown and unseen to many my age

and as I am relatively inexperienced in the world of business I have a

natural thirst and desire for knowledge. I would be delighted to learn

the true nature of the workplace and in doing so I am sure it would also

provide an invaluable experience for the future.

Yours sincerely,"

What I got back

I am sorry but they have not undertaken work placements for students in

the past and I do not think they will in the future. The number of

staff there is very small, only 15, and many of them, because of their

work practices, do not remain in the office. Much of their work load

is out on the road visiting and negotiating with clients. However I do

wish you every success in your search for a placement and in your Sixth

Form studies.

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team

Sad but I'm glad they took the time to mail back and have sound reasons, not just a flat "no".

Reps go round the country (or their region anyway) to stores every once in a while and say "hey this is coming out soon" and tell about upcoming stuff and get you interested (if they're good). Never seen our Nintendo rep. Have seen the Xbox one, she gave me a beanie (albeit a 360 one) and told me to take lots of meds cause I was ill. And the Sony one wouldn't leave for hours and tried to arrange a paintball match with us for some reason. He also tried to pimp Lemmings (was a while ago) by saying about its game shareness, to which I replied "Like Nintendo have been doing for years?" He just said "yeah but this is better because..." blah blah blah.

Considered being a rep because you get time to yourself, drive around and listen to music as much as you want and buy stuff from warehouses rather than shops. But I can't drive. And one of my friends is a rep and she gets a lot of shit from some stores because they expect her to personally be able to make as much stock as they want.