Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Official Nintendo Revolution Controller Shots (56k)

Cubechris

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I wake up on my day off work today to find this.

Nintendo have gone insane, right? I wonder if it will come with an attachment to find the controller when you lose it down the side of the sofa.

I'm kidding! I'll reserve passing judgement until i've actually seen it's application in real games.

After watching the video I must say I am impressed and very excited! I still hope that the GameCube pad can be used for more traditional games though. It would be a shame to see Nintendo miss out on some great games (that PS3 & Xbox 360 will get) because of the controller.

It will be really great for FPS games. It will be great for moving, shooting and aiming! I especially love how you can slash around as if you are using a sword (Imagine Zelda!!!). There are just so many possibilities!! I really want to see what games Nintendo have in store for us. I'm confident they will be great.

Oh and it really looks sexy! :smile:

This is going to be fantastic! Nintendo has done it once again, an entirely new way of playing games. Too bad there's no game footage out yet. One of the most interesting things in the Revolution trailer was that guy playing drums by holding two controllers like drumsticks. I'd definately buy a drum-sim, or any music-sim really. Imagine using the left controller to push a button which stands for a chord and swinging the right one like you would on a real guitar! The possibilities are endless with this new form of input.

After looking at the video, all I can think is that this will be one tiring console. You can't sit back and enjoy playing your games. You need to use excessive wrist action. With the right games released, this could be good, but the buttons on the controller need to be sorted out.

Hi there everyone, Im Daisy the newbie just joined recently and wanted to share my thoughts and hopefully make some freinds ^.^

Anyways Nintendo really suprised me with the whole contoller, I could never have imagined something like that, and after watching the video im really hyped up to bad its a long wait though...

Hmm so if I were to play a RTS game with that controller and I want to select some units to move then I would have to hold down the A or B button ala the left mouse button on a mouse?

Sounds bloody awesome like your turning your TV into a touch screen but you have so much freedom to do so much more. It won't probably work for everything like football games but with that the ability to make it into a normal looking controller it'll be fine.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!