NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

The Harry Potter movies are fucking great. They'd be fucking great if they were original properties too.

Now X-Men 3, that is a bag of shite.

What's better xmen 3 or spiderman 3?

I say spiderman even though that was poor aswell.

Just got back from Harry Potter.

Apart from not being very good, the effects and Emma Watson were superb.

I didn't seem as good as the other films.

i think the hp movies are ok at best, first two were horrible, but the third was decent and forth was actualy pretty entertaining, hope 5 is good, im ment to be going this weekend.

oh and herrmiony out of 10, id give her one.

Saw Harry Potter last night as well and I really enjoyed it. Even though I was having a hard time understanding everything that was being said without subtitles (Ron is almost impossible for me to understand), I still loved the movie. Had some great effects in it and the end battle was really awesome.

And I don't see how people can like Watson; sure she's a pretty girl (though there's prettier ones), but she can't act -at all-. Oh well.

And I don't see how people can like Watson; sure she's a pretty girl (though there's prettier ones), but she can't act -at all-. Oh well.

Eenuh's got a point. Considering 70% of women fake it she'd be a big let down in bed if she can't even act well.

X-men The Last Stand, and Spider-Man 3 are both good. They're not terrible. Fools.

Saw Harry Potter last night as well and I really enjoyed it. Even though I was having a hard time understanding everything that was being said without subtitles (Ron is almost impossible for me to understand), I still loved the movie. Had some great effects in it and the end battle was really awesome.

You're a woman, you wouldn't understand.

If you did, you'd be even more attractive! grrowl! :P

X-men The Last Stand, and Spider-Man 3 are both good. They're not terrible. Fools.

People like to be elitist, leave them be.

Saw Transformers yesterday. Efffng amazing movie,and the trailer before the movie, the one that had no name just a release date. If anyones seen it and knows the name of it, or a website where theis trailer is post it please......

So yeah Transformers awesome movie.

Exactly. I started watching the movies before even thinking about reading the books. I now don't want to read them, and ruin my enjoyment of the movies.

And hob, just because I don't want to read the book doesn't mean I, or anyone else who would rather watch the movies, can't be arsed.

Sure, your enjoyment or the movies would be ruined, but your enjoyment of the story would increase, so yeah, I believe you should read them.

Plus, reading a good book is an immesingly greater and better experience than watching a good movie.

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - 7/10

Big improvement over the first one. A couple of things though. It's a superhero movie. There aren't many superhero-y things in it. There needs to be more rescuing of innocents and a lot more of the villain trying to kill innocents.

To you maybe.

I for one would sooner watch a godly movie over reading a great book every time!

Why? I mean, it's much more intense in literature, everything comes from your imagination's conceiving powers...

Anywho:

Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix

It's a major step forward comparing to the previous 4 piles of shit.

7/10.

Harry Potter films are ass. Terrible acting, Cheesy effects and are something only under 16's could truely appreciate...

And yea Emma Watson is starting to grow into a hottie, can see your point bard.

Haggis - If the Harry Potter series has "some of the best films you have ever seen," then you need to see more movies. Simple

I've seen many movies, I just really enjoy the potter ones, especially the third. Oh, seeing as I am 16, my mum is 50, her friend, is 43 and my mate is 17 and they all enjoyed the 5th movie?

Just saw the 5th, its the best out of the 5. Luna Lovegood is brilliant. She's just totally mental. Everything she said in the movie made me crack up, and hermione's reaction when introducing her to the guys was classic.

The kiss was a bit boring tbh, they made a bigger deal out of it than they should, especially as after she told the teachers where they were she was basically out the movie.

Everyone in the cinema cracked up when the three were in the common room talking in the evening and she said "you've got the emotional capactiy of a tea spoon".

Thats exactly the sort of the thing I love about the films, they are pretty serious in context, death, dark magic, evil and such but they still manage to be goddamn funny at the same time.

I loved how it was so easy to hate the new headmistress, people were screaming for the creatures to "kill the cow!" in the cinema, and people gasped (i'm serious) when she slapped harry.

I know I'm going to either get a lecture for not reading the books, get a lecture because I'm 16 or just get a lecture in general, but I loved this movie so I don't care. Except for harry, I've never thought the acting has been that bad, not that I'm saying it was great either, and even he was pretty good this time round. The final battle has great effects, lucias is just so evil!!

One thing though, I wish hermione and the one played by bonham-carter(she was great at being evil) would have had more screen time.

I know its not a "serious" movie and all, but their not meant to be and I'm purely judging them on just how much fun I have whilst watching them.

9.5/10

The kiss was a bit boring tbh, they made a bigger deal out of it than they should, especially as after she told the teachers where they were she was basically out the movie.

No, they didn't. You just don't know that coz... you know why. In the books she suddenly got a lot less important after that veritaserum incident too, and was then replaced in harry's heart by *****.

And I know you're wondering, but ***** isn't Luna.

Just saw the 5th, its the best out of the 5. Luna Lovegood is brilliant. She's just totally mental. Everything she said in the movie made me crack up, and hermione's reaction when introducing her to the guys was classic.

I loved how it was so easy to hate the new headmistress, people were screaming for the creatures to "kill the cow!" in the cinema, and people gasped (i'm serious) when she slapped harry.

Luna is brill. I have fallen in love with her character....:love:

The kiss was handled very well methinks. There was a mixed reception at the showing I was in tho. Many groans, and many awwwww's.

I forgot about the scene where she slapped Harry! That was very shocking! Umbridge was well played. From the moment she opened her mouth you instantly hate her.

I thought Filch (the caretaker) provided many good comedic moments in the film too, and Kreacher (the house elf) was very creepy.

Luna is brill. I have fallen in love with her character....
:love:

The kiss was handled very well methinks. There was a mixed reception at the showing I was in tho. Many groans, and many awwwww's.

I forgot about the scene where she slapped Harry! That was very shocking! Umbridge was well played. From the moment she opened her mouth you instantly hate her.

I thought Filch (the caretaker) provided many good comedic moments in the film too, and Kreacher (the house elf) was very creepy.

Yehm Luna was played brilliantly. SHe was so funny, she was a complete pyshco (in a good way). Her talking about "pudding" was brilliant. Wheh she skipped away in the end after finding her shoes. :)

Please use spoilers if you're going into a lot of detail about HP5 as not everyone has read the book. Thanks peeps.

They're Harry Potter films. Big budget, fantasy, intended-for-mass-production films. Hold them up against Godard films or Rear Window or Dogme films or Altman films or whatever and you're not going to hit a fair conclusion.

This is from Roger Ebert's wiki page:

Ebert has described his critical approach to films as "relative, not absolute"; he reviews a film for what he feels will be its prospective audience, yet always with at least some consideration as to its value towards film as a whole.

When you ask a friend if Hellboy is any good, you're not asking if it's any good compared to Mystic River, you're asking if it's any good compared to The Punisher. And my answer would be, on a scale of one to four, if Superman is four, then Hellboy is three and The Punisher is two. In the same way, if American Beauty gets four stars, then (The United States of) Leland clocks in at about two.

You have to approach these things relatively, and HP is pretty fucking good for what it is.

X-Men 3 is a pile of shite both relatively and absolutely. At best it's an exercise in computer-simulated physics.

They're Harry Potter films. Big budget, fantasy, intended-for-mass-production films. Hold them up against Godard films or Rear Window or Dogme films or Altman films or whatever and you're not going to hit a fair conclusion.

This is from Roger Ebert's wiki page:

You have to approach these things relatively, and HP is pretty fucking good for what it is.

X-Men 3 is a pile of shite both relatively and absolutely. At best it's an exercise in computer-simulated physics.

Exactly. :)

;502496"]Please use spoilers if you're going into a lot of detail about HP5 as not everyone has read the book. Thanks peeps.

sorry!

can the bards comment be put in spoiler as well please? Its just he's already ruined part of the suprise of the next movie for me, it would be could if people could have the option of seeing what he wrote.

Even when rating Harry Potter within its context and taking into consideration its target audience, I still think its fucking crap.

fair do's then, but when you mean target audience, you do mean universal right?

Exactly. :)

sorry!

can the bards comment be put in spoiler as well please? Its just he's already ruined part of the suprise of the next movie for me, it would be could if people could have the option of seeing what he wrote.

Well I was in the middle of watching a film myself, hence why I only did yours.

But to reitterate Please use spoiler tags for H-Pot

Anywho.

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

At the request of my friend.

Its odd. But enjoyable. And deep and all that. Although im still not sure what happened at the end.

Good music though, with lyrics that were both entertaining and meaningful.

;502525]Well I was in the middle of watching a film myself' date=' hence why I only did yours.

But to reitterate Please use spoiler tags for H-Pot

Anywho.

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

At the request of my friend.

Its odd. But enjoyable. And deep and all that. Although im still not sure what happened at the end.

Good music though, with lyrics that were both entertaining and meaningful.

thanks alot

Die Hard 4.0

9/10 fucking ace! Even though it was flashy and effects laden it still seemed like a big fuck you to the flashy effects laden action films of today. Bruce was on top form, his daughter is hot and the hacker kid was played with nice touches.