N-Europe

Arts and crafts

Ashley

I've been thinking recently I need to do more physical creative stuff (coding and photography not counting) and not sure what yet so I've been looking at local courses to try and find something. I did realise I bought my nieces origami paper a while back and never gave it to them so may just do that for now. 

But anyway, do any of y'all do any arts and crafts?

• Thanks 1

I don't think I do anything that would really count as art and crafts. I've 3D printed some stuff to build into a model train set but never got round to painting anything. I've built some Tamiya Mini-4WD cars but also I don't think that counts as crafty. 

My son is just about the age where he's starting to do more painting and things, been thinking I can use that as an excuse to do something together. Probably will be just badly painting clay models but maybe something more interesting will come up and we can do that together.

I quite like the idea of taking cards from TCGs and cutting them out to do 3D versions using multiple cards. Might give that a try too.

Naturally I would have to encourage some portion of Warhammer, or any tabletop gaming which you can get creative with the models/scenery.

I keep seeing the Stardew Valley cross stitch on fangamer which I keep considering, but may find a cheap random one first to see if I can get to grips with the concept first.

Book nooks, also a nice lil craft project, there are groups on Facebook where people make their own dioramas too

16 hours ago, Iun said:

Oil painting - it's messy and time-consuming, but I am really enjoying teaching myself.

Oh that sounds good - you should post some of your works!

• Like 1