N-Europe

Euro 2024 | 14th June to 14th July

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I was dubious when he was subbed on but he was fantastic. Totally agree that Tripper should be done now, providing that Shaw can play a full match.

I think he’s underestimated quite a bit. Admittedly his injury record hasn’t been great but when he has played this season he’s been fantastic.

A lot of times he’s had to play CB for United this season and has been so consistent, having a talented LB who can also comfortably play CB is a huge bonus. 

Every Turkey match I've watched so far has been a lot of fun, and this one's no different. Proper end-to-end. 

Wonderful cross for the 1-0, too.

Game on :D

12 minutes ago, Julius said:

Every Turkey match I've watched so far has been a lot of fun, and this one's no different. Proper end-to-end. 

Wonderful cross for the 1-0, too.

Game on :D

Totally. I love how they peace nothing back and just go for it in each match. Makes for some great viewing.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Totally. I love how they peace nothing back and just go for it in each match. Makes for some great viewing.

Definitely! 

A hypothetical final between them and Spain would be the most fun to watch, I think. 

Unfortunately Gareth seemingly sacrificed the Queen to pull off some next level nonsense with his football terrorism, so... ::shrug:

Gutted for Turkey. They gave it everything. Absolutely everything. Hell of a match, easily the best of the quarter-finals for me. 

That all means we've got the Oranje to face on Wednesday, who will be in their first semi-final in a major tournament since the 2014 World Cup, and their first Euros semi-final since 2004. So years ending in -4 are lucky for them when it comes to making semis, I guess! 

Need an opinion: I have not watched a single game due to the time difference (+8 hours).

Should I, or should I not, take the plunge and watch? Last time I stayed up for an England match was a dismal, deathly-dull 0-0 draw.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Iun said:

Need an opinion: I have not watched a single game due to the time difference (+8 hours).

Should I, or should I not, take the plunge and watch? Last time I stayed up for an England match was a dismal, deathly-dull 0-0 draw.

If it's important to you, then stay up, if not, then I'd probably get to sleep earlier. :peace:

(Says me, up at 3:33am posting the latest eShop news article) :p

1 hour ago, Iun said:

Don't bother. Every England match so far has been awful to watch, with us barely scraping by due to shoddy performances.

4 hours ago, Iun said:

Last time I stayed up for an England match was a dismal, deathly-dull 0-0 draw.

So basically like all England games :p

Looking forward to both semi-finals. Nothing better than sitting on the couch, playing games on my Steam Deck and having footy running in the background :D

Would love to have Spain and Netherlands in the final!

17 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Would love to have Spain and Netherlands in the final!

That would be the only way we get a decent footy match. Having either France or England in the final would make for terrible viewing.

4 hours ago, S.C.G said:

If it's important to you, then stay up, if not, then I'd probably get to sleep earlier. :peace:

(Says me, up at 3:33am posting the latest eShop news article) :p

It'd be about 3am here as well. In fairness, I'm usually awake around that time anyway.

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Don't bother. Every England match so far has been awful to watch, with us barely scraping by due to shoddy performances.

The number of goals scored in normal time kinda screams we literally don't know how to play football.

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

So basically like all England games :p

I'll give it to Southgate, he's got a steady hand, but it's time for a little bit of risk taking.

• Thanks 1

Mask off for Mbappé, dude means business. 

Should be an interesting one. If France can actually convert their chances from open play then they could win this comfortably, but Spain look far too dangerous on the flanks to not be taken seriously. 

Going to regret saying this, but I'll be shocked if this goes to a 0-0. 

4 minutes ago, Julius said:

Going to regret saying this, but I'll be shocked if this goes to a 0-0. 

Kinda want that to happen. Goes to pens and French win and reach the final with no goals scored in open play. :D

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Kinda want that to happen. Goes to pens and French win and reach the final with no goals scored in open play. :D

Nah, if it goes to pens (which I wouldn't be against, let's see those French and Spanish people swear) let's hope for some goals at :laughing: 2-2 then we'll go through ET and pens :D

Want to see the same happen too, though. 

EDIT: well, 2-2 here we go :p

Edited by Julius

Mbappé is tearing Navas apart and confusing the middle of the Spanish defence as soon as he cuts in, drawing all of them towards him

In his heyday I think there's a chance he could keep him on a leash, but at 39? Huge ask. Carva might've struggled but probably would've fared better. Surprised Spain don't really seem to have a plan to contain Mbappé beyond their typical set-up, at least from what we've seen so far.