NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Astro Bot (6th September 2024)

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

There's potential here, and I hope they capitilise on it.

I agree, but I hope they use it sparingly, Astro seems to have quite a few new tricks up his sleeve without the nostalgia being forced upon you.

That being said, I loved the Journey robot.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

It's a fair concern, but one that I think can be dispelled if the game capitilises on the opportunity this can provide.

Now what if, instead of just "Hey look, remember this franchise?" Some of these Robot versions of Sony characters help Astro Bot out in certain parts and actually directly change the kind of gameplay you go through? For example, this guy comes along and now you're playing a kid-friendly version of Uncharted.

From what I gather from the various previews I’ve read, that’s exactly what they’re going for as this game’s big gimmick.

Which does sound really cool.  I hope we get a Puppeteer stage at some point, that game was rad and I’d love to see the scissor mechanic make a return! :D

• Like 1

Is there a hub for the pre orders? Everywhere seems to have different stuff. 

The PS App pinged at me saying they're giving you "game help" for the original. Which I used to help me get the rest of the pieces/artifacts I had been missing with short videos

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Previews from last week's press events have started to drop:

...and apparently they all decided that they needed to use the image of Astro with a dog on his back in their thumbnails :laughing:

Edited by Julius

Posted (edited)

Some more great news, per IGN: free DLC for the game is on the way. 

PlayStation's upcoming platforming celebration, Astro Bot, is already launching with roughly 80 levels. But there will be even more on the way later, via free DLC.

Speaking to IGN, Team Asobi studio head Nicolas Doucet told us there were plans for eventual free DLC for Astro Bot, coming "soon" after launch. He says it will be based around adding more challenge levels to the game – shorter levels focused on specific platforming challenges – but that won't be the only component.

...did somebody say speedrunning levels making a triumphant return? Eh? Ehhhhh? :D

Also, love this, from the same IGN article:

Doucet told us that PlayStation "completely opened the doors" to whatever characters Team Asobi wanted to include in the game, and internal studios even sent requests pouring in for their characters to be featured.

If that ain't hype and also doesn't just scream out that so many of the PlayStation studios want to be part of other things which celebrate the brand then I don't know what does :bouncy:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

On 07/06/2024 at 9:42 PM, Julius said:

Did you find the...

Hide contents

clock? 

Riddle my ass... I had to look online as to how to work this out...

• Haha 1

A rather late round of impressions videos have just gone up, including one from Digital Foundry:

Wonder what that scheduled delay is about? 

Sign in to follow this