NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CrowingJoe79

Resident Evil IX

What dumbass plot will the game have, do you reckon? Green men from Mars abducting Chris Redfield?

At this rate, you cannot trust Capcom to do anything logical. :indeed:

If it didn't have a "dumbass" plot it wouldn't be Resident Evil.

• Thanks 1

Is that a terrible logo, or does that say Resident Evil X?

Posted (edited)

Ahh, nothing quite like a classic Shot On Shittio off-screen camera leak photo.  That means it must be legit!

Edited by Dcubed

Great. Let's take another one of my favourite franchises and tutn it into an open world game. :(

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Great. Let's take another one of my favourite franchises and tutn it into an open world game. :(

Welcome to my eternal 2020 nightmare.

• Haha 3

I think it could work for an RE game to let the player go anywhere they like from the start, as long as the map is relatively small, but it would still be a complete upheaval of conventions of a series that isn't really in need of an overhaul or reimagining. 

51 minutes ago, killthenet said:

I think it could work for an RE game to let the player go anywhere they like from the start, as long as the map is relatively small, but it would still be a complete upheaval of conventions of a series that isn't really in need of an overhaul or reimagining. 

This is a big time publisher. There's no such thing as small when it comes to open world as far as that's concerned.

If more games were like Lil Gator Game, I probably wouldn't hate it as much.

I would not be on board with open world. The whole draw of RE games for me is the linear, sometimes claustrophobic feel. 

If they move away from that then they lose what has made the games so great over the years. 

Having said that, at this stage though they probably do need to do something different. There's only so many abandoned villages, churches, mansions and hospitals they can use. 

• Thanks 1

Welcome to my eternal 2020 nightmare.
Pokémon going open world was the worst thing that happened in 2020.
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bob said:

Pokémon going open world was the worst thing that happened in 2020.

See? This guy gets it!

I don't fully agree. It may be able to work. So as long as they aren't giving you ridiculous OP upgrades, I think the idea of just stumbling into trouble in a random place could be effective for the RE universe. Like just imagine if you walked into a hotel and Hunters or Lickers had built a nest, which means there could be a large number of them inside.

After all, Days Gone did it perfectly when you were in the woods and came across a cave. Freakers in abundance ran after Deacon. If you were unaware of the entry point being there, it could come as a huge shock if you went in to explore the opening.

But I am more concerned about the aspects of the plot going forward. Pseudo vampires is clearly the best Capcom could come up with. Or that giant robot man.

Like, really?

Sign in to follow this