N-Europe

Balatro (PS, Xbox, Switch, Steam)

drahkon

1 hour ago, Julius said:

Thanks – sounds like a perfect fit for work breaks, think I'll look to pick it up and chip away at it then :peace:

Productivity be damned indeed :laughing:

More like break works, am I rite?

Localthunk knows exactly what he’s doing with that trailer :laughing:

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I picked this up on Apple Arcade a few days ago and wow is this thing addictive!  

I’ve completed the eighth ante three times so far, but still don’t feel as though I’ve got a decent strategy.  Any tips?

6 hours ago, WackerJr said:

So I picked this up on Apple Arcade a few days ago and wow is this thing addictive!  

I’ve completed the eighth ante three times so far, but still don’t feel as though I’ve got a decent strategy.  Any tips?

General good tip is to try and follow what the game is trying to give you, instead of trying to force a specific hand.  If the game is trying to give you two pair upgrades and Jokers that get boosted with two pairs? Then stick with two pairs.

Generally in most cases, you will want to stick with one particular type of hand for most of your run.  Flushes tend to be fairly reliable, but if the game is refusing to give you Jupiter cards; or Jokers that synergise with Flushes? Then there’s no point in trying to force it, just abandon the Flushes and stick with what particular hand each run is nudging you towards.

That being said though? If you ever manage to see Blueprint or Brainstorm? Then do whatever it takes to make sure that you get them.  They’re probably the single most powerful Jokers in the entire game.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WackerJr said:

still don’t feel as though I’ve got a decent strategy.

There's no one-for-all strategy.

As Dcubed says, don't hesitate to switch tactics when the first hand you're going for isn't getting anything useful later on in a run.

On early difficulties you can easily change up your run even in higher Antes (4-6).

Then again: I always think it's fun trying to build your entire run around the first good joker you get early :p

• Thanks 1