NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Beyond Good and Evil 20th Anniversary Edition

Accidentally releasing an incomplete version of the game and listing it on the Xbox store is an unusual way of announcing a game but here we are. 

Ubisoft has confirmed it's coming out next year. 

https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/29/23980960/beyond-good-and-evil-20th-anniversary-edition-2024

If it gets announced for Switch I'll move this thread, but for now we only know about the PC and Xbox versions. 

• Haha 1

Beyond Good and Evil - 20th Anniversary Edition will be turning up to the Limited Run Games Showcase at 14:00 EST (that's 19:00 BST) on Thursday 20th:

Crazy that this game managed to dodge every major conference this month, including Ubisoft's own. 

Someone at Ubisoft jumped the gun with a tweet which has now been taken down, but no matter: this is arriving June 25th -- that's this coming Tuesday! 

Guessing this was saved for LRG and was maybe meant to be a shadowdrop? Can't help but wonder if this has faced a mini delay, because I can't think of any other reason you'd save it for LRG over Ubi's own show. 

Posted (edited)

Trailer is up and 25th June is confirmed:

Only took them 8 years after announcing BG&E2 to get what looks like a fairly basic remaster out. I'm curious and will surely give it a look in a sale at some point, but with us living in the age of remakes, I can imagine some fans might have wanted a bit more. 

Edited by Julius

Now this is interesting -- there's going to be a new mission with some sort of narrative connection to BG&E2. 

Probably worth also pointing out that this is coming to Switch, too; not touting the 4K 60fps being touted for current gen consoles, mind you. 

I’m intrigued by the size of this exclusive mission is, and I like the inclusion of the speed running mode.  Ultimately though I’m in the camp that @Julius mentioned, and from the sounds of it I would have wanted more.

I’ve not played it since the GameCube and then subsequently the Xbox 360 HD version, and I love the game but wonder if it will feel just too familiar?

Sign in to follow this