NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Indie World Showcase (14th November 2023 @ 17:00 GMT)

Tomorrow! Been thinking it's about time for another one of these! 

20 minutes ain't shabby at all :peace:

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 2

Silksong? Not that I care but figured I would mention it and get it out of the way. :p

I wonder if Outer Wilds will be dropped straight after it. The person who leaks the Directs (been spot on with the ones this year) was teasing it earlier.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, seems like Outer Wilds is nailed on to show up - curious to see how it runs given what a struggle it's obviously been for them to port. 

I won't hold my breath for Silksong but it would obviously be nice to get a date. Mostly I'm just hoping that we get solid release dates for some games that have been revealed in previous showcases 

Wouldn’t mind a release date for The Plucky Squire and Metal Slug Tactics… just saying ;)

• Like 1

I'm never much interested in these but having fallen for Sayonara Wild Hearts all over again I'd love a sequel to that..

..though I've just checked and those guys are working on Lorelei and the Laser Eyes, which was due to release in 2023.

I guess we may see more of that..?

1 minute ago, nekunando said:

I'm never much interested in these but having fallen for Sayonara Wild Hearts all over again I'd love a sequel to that..

Easily one of my fav indie games I played on the PS4. The soundtrack is amazing and going for full completion really elevates the game.

• Like 1

All I want is a date for Freedom Planet 2 on Switch, please. The game's been out for a year, I just want it on my preferred system. "December" is too vague!

Beyond that... I try not to have expectations, really, anything can happen in an Indie showcase. Normally I hope for a game from Inti Creates, but I already know what they're working on, and it's not exactly my cup of tea.

Ok, I do have a bit of a wild hope: after playing some extra Castlevania this month, I'm curious about what IGA is up to. Would be neat if he showed his next project here.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Easily one of my fav indie games I played on the PS4. The soundtrack is amazing and going for full completion really elevates the game.

Yeh.. I already liked it a lot before but I went back for all of the gold ranks and collectables over the weekend and it was amazing :love:

I'll definitely be back to set a score in the Arcade Mode if I ever get a free evening and maybe even attempt to see how far I can get in the Yolo Arcade!

indieworld14112023banner.620x0.webp

Indie World Showcase to be broadcast on Tuesday 14th November at 5PM UK time

Now up on the main page.

We should have the usual roundup posted shortly after the presentation has aired. :peace:

Just flicked through the trailers put up after the end of the Showcase; been a while since I've decided to sit through one, as they've been really hit and miss in the past. 

Love Blade Chimera's (Spring 2024) cyberpunk-vania aesthetic and in-game art style, but man, not a fan of the art in the thumbnail. I almost didn't click on it because it looks so generic! 

Moonstone Island (Spring 2024) (that Nausicäa inspiration!) and A Highland Song (5th December) looked cosy as all heck. Also got half an eye on Howl (shadow drop and a demo!), will see how it's received but I love it's art style. 

Still patiently waiting for Braid (30th April 2024) having never played it before. 

And that Outer Wilds trailer...yikes. Looked real, real rough. 

That presentation felt... bare. There was interesting stuff in there, but the package truly didn't feel like much.

• Shantae: Risky Revolution looks amazing. So great to see the series keep moving along at its pace, no matter the obstacle;
  • Outer Wilds is an important get, so that's good. One more system to wishlist it on :heh: ;
  • Blade Chimera looks solid, but aesthetically bland. Lukewarm for now;
  • A Highland Song looks nice;
  • On Your Tail, Death Trick, and The Star Named EOS are point&click mystery/detective games, and I'm a sucker for the genre. Consider my interest piqued;
  • Howl wins the "Most unique" award for this presentation. Don't care much for the look, but the trailer convinced me it might be a gem.

So yeah, neat. Just neat.

• Like 1

indieworld14112023banner.620x0.webp

Nintendo Indie World 14/11/2023 Presentation Roundup

::shrug:

• Thanks 2

Fans of 2024 rejoice! Some cool looking stuff shown. Always a nice change of pace with the indies.

23 hours ago, Ashley said:

So detective games are the new farming sims?

Those are in the big-boy Directs. 

I'm still standing by for the next instalment of Jenny LeClue Detectivu and Agent A but I'm happy for them to take as long as they need.

Sign in to follow this