NEurope
Ashley

Princess Peach Showtime (March 22 2024)

Announced during the direct with more details to come later.

Video isn't available on YouTube yet. Will update this post when it is. 

Thanks @Julius!

The little snippet we saw has been shared on their Twitter:

Doesn't seem like it's going to get a dedicated YouTube release (I mean, it's only 26 seconds, so ::shrug:)

• Like 1

Can't say that I had Super Princess Peach 2 on my bingo card, but there ya go!

I'm guessing that the game has something to do with her losing her crown? I mean, it's not like you're looking at a Mario series adjecent game for an epic plot or anything, but that's basically all we have to go off of here lol.  That was such a short snippet of footage that I'm not sure why they even bothered to show it here?

I am honestly excited at the prospect of a new Peach title. Looking forward to see more, I'm guessing it'll be an Adventure game of some sort.

Incidentally, between this, SMB Wonder, and Super Mario RPG, Peach was announced as playable in three different titles in this Direct!

After how strong and capable Peach was in the Mario movie, I’m glad they’ve given her a chance to shine again in her own game.

I really REALLY hope they’ve learned from the first Princess Peach game, and that this one doesn’t focus on using Peach’s emotions to get through it, and shows her for the strong character she is.

Princess Peach: Showtime! coming 22nd March 2024! 

The wicked Grape and the Sour Bunch have taken over the Sparkle Theater, and now it's up to Peach and the theater's guardian Stella to save the play--and the day! Peach can transform and use fantastic showstopping abilities to face off against the Sour Bunch.

This looks like good fun! Kung Fu Peach looks rad :D

Edited by Julius

The Mario series can finally get a Sword Fighter in Smash now!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

Watching this made me feel like it was a version of Luigi's Mansion 3 with all the themed floors, but now with plays and instead of hoover upgrades you've got costumes.

Which I am totally down with.

• Like 1

They've changed the key art a little.

Here's the before...

F8Njvf-W8AEDJQe?format=jpg&name=large

And here's the after...

F8NjvgKXcAAFKYp?format=jpg&name=medium

Kung Fu Peach is an improvement, but I'm not too sure about the center one. First of all, it's veering dangerously close to "The DreamWorks Smirk", secondly, the edited face shape makes it look shrunken, especially with the other three Peaches retaining the original shape. Gives me a feeling of uncanny valley.

• Thanks 2

Agreed.  Does smack a bit of Dreamworks... and the SMB Movie...

It's nice to see Peach be a bit more expressive in general though, and to see Nintendo allow their characters to continue going a bit more off-model.  But they had better not start letting the SMB Movie designs bleed over into the actual games...

Edited by Dcubed

Transformations trailer:

There are also some pastel pink Joy-Cons on the way to commemorate the game's release:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The gameplay footage does remind me of Puppeteer for the PS3... which is a good thing, because that game was rad!

Dying to know who's making this one... NST?

That's a nice shade of pink but why not do one in a peach colour? 

On 23/01/2024 at 2:03 PM, Julius said:

There are also some pastel pink Joy-Cons on the way to commemorate the game's release:

These pastel pink Joy-Cons are now up for pre-order on the UK's Nintendo Store: 

Joy-cons: check. Pre-order swag: check. Next off the production line should be amiibo, then.

Probably not internally developed then…

Maybe it is Good Feel after all?

Edited by Dcubed

6 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Probably not internally developed then…

Maybe it is Good Feel after all?

Are they large enough to create multiple games at the same time? They've just released a Switch game at the end of last year.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Are they large enough to create multiple games at the same time? They've just released a Switch game at the end of last year.

I didn’t think so myself, which is why I discounted the idea originally.  But they have been relatively quiet since they released Yoshi’s Crafted World and Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn in 2019 (with only Monkey Barrels and Mameda no Bakeru released in that 4 year gap; both fairly small scale games).

I still think it might be a stretch, but I also couldn’t imagine them fully breaking off their relationship with Nintendo; so their UE4 experience would make sense here…

Oh 'eh! A new trailer for your eyeball holes!

Guess that confirms that this month's Ninty Direct is gonna be a Partner Direct, just like the rumours said it would be.

Also Persona Peach lol.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Guess that confirms that this month's Ninty Direct is gonna be a Partner Direct, just like the rumours said it would be.

Pretty much. With both this and Splatoon dropping trailers already, it seems certain that it will be a Partner Direct. Disappointing. Feb Directs were always top tier and I cant see the rumoured one matching previous years.

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Pretty much. With both this and Splatoon dropping trailers already, it seems certain that it will be a Partner Direct. Disappointing. Feb Directs were always top tier and I cant see the rumoured one matching previous years.

Well.  Normally I'd say the same, but with everything that's going on with Xbox right now? Circumstances are different this time around :)

It makes sense that we'd see a tapering off of new first party games for Switch by this point.  It must be all-hands-on-deck for Switch 2's launch window lineup of games right now; so it's sensible to focus on 3rd party games and the remaining el-cheapo ports/remasters/remakes to come for the existing Switch.

Still.  The Xbox Partner Direct ought to be pretty entertaining and exciting in its own right, if only to watch video game history get made :D

Edited by Dcubed

That's if Xbox do in fact show up and even if they do, the games rumoured to be jumping ship im not really bothered about. Just give me the classic Rare stuff (Rare Replay) on Switch and I'll be happy.

On 26/01/2024 at 12:16 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

The bag has convinced the missus to invest

• Haha 2