N-Europe

Metaphor: ReFantazio (11th October 2024)

Julius

Demo is up people!

Your journey begins NOW! Play the Prologue Demo on [literally every major platform]. 

Saved data will convert over to the full game upon release on October 11th.

Think I'll wait, with how long this game has been touted as being I think I might hold out until I'm off over Christmas. 

57 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I mean, just listen to it :cool: An instant classic! 

It really is, I've popped on some of the tracks people have pulled from trailers between various rewatches of them (because I love a good trailer) and as someone who looooooooooves me some epic orchestras and vocals, this game's OST has it in spadefuls. 

Look, I know we knew Shoji Meguro was talented as hell from his other OSTs - I pop the Persona 5 soundtrack on in the background in my apartment at least twice a month - but it's crazy that he's gone from THAT to THIS. Like, seriously, it's such an extreme switch up in genres it's insane. It's like being one of the best snooker players in the world and then deciding to take up ice skating. 

Damn it I'm trying to be sensible and wait for this to be my Christmas game while I'm off work for a few weeks with how endless it seems to be but also I DON'T WANT TO WAIT AT ALL :laughing:

Crazy that this is just two weeks away.

Don't get me started – I remember this got announced the year I joined the forums, which was, uh, over 8 years ago now. Where the hell has the time gone? 

Project Re Fantasy was a silly project title then, but somehow Metaphor ReFantazio...is kind of incredibly epic as a title? If still a little silly :p there was that IGN First video with the cool concept art (still a bit letdown she didn't become our protag but whatever). There was also that time they released that really weird, high concept trailer with concept art, random people standing around in fantasy costumes and that guy in a set of armour. 

Is this game's entire existence a metaphor..? :p

These last few months flew by... 😕

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952i0dityysmojzloy7c6

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Just tried the demo on PC and it's a complete mess. Felt like I was getting about 10fps. Not going near this again until I know it's been patched. Even the menus were chugging so it took forever to test changes (nothing fixed it anyway).

Apparently it's an issue where the game defaults to CPU instead of GPU and can't be quick fixed for those of us with AMD chips. Awesome.

On 9/27/2024 at 2:03 PM, drahkon said:

Gonna savour the beginning again once the game gets its full release!

Nevermind, I'll keep playing.

Now that I've dropped Echoes of GARBAGE ( :p just kidding, it's objectively not that bad but I hate it) and I don't want to/have time to start anything else, I'm gonna spend more time with the demo right up until I pick up my copy :bouncy:

• Haha 1

Did I spend two hours farming exp?
Sure did.
And was I able to fight an enemy which my party recommended to avoid?
Sure did.
And was this fight super easy because I farmed a lot of exp?
Sure was.

Love this game :D

Edit:
And did I get a strong sword as a reward?
Sure did.

Edited by drahkon