NEurope
skarmachild

So when is the new NOM out?

I was thinking about that myself. Thought it would be out this week or next. I think my sub has finished now. I started with the free t-shirt offer in the 2004 november or december issue.

I was thinking about that myself. Thought it would be out this week or next. I think my sub has finished now. I started with the free t-shirt offer in the 2004 november or december issue.

Yeah...dude.....That NOM doesn't exist anymore anyway...

Anyway, I've also emailed emap and they've said that you should be contacted by post about old NOM subscriptions.

It was called NOM for ages and ages, it just kinda stuck. ONM is no way as good.

It was called NOM for ages and ages, it just kinda stuck. ONM is no way as good.

Yeah but before it was NOM it was ONM... Besides, 'Official Nintendo Magazine' makes more sense than 'Nintendo Official Magazine'. Well I suppose anything's better than the original name, 'Nintendo Magazine System'...

Yeah...dude.....That NOM doesn't exist anymore anyway...

I know. I just dont know when my sub was supposed to end. Anyway they just sent me letter about transfering the remaining subscription. I'll have to find out if has finished.

The first issue of the NEW mag is out 16th of FEB

*press release*

Future and Nintendo UK launch the all-new Official Nintendo Magazine with a bang from February 16th, when the magazine hits news stands uncovering exclusive information on the DS Lite and a world first hands-on session with the Revolution controller.

As an exciting new era for Nintendo magazines begins, issue one of Official Nintendo Magazine takes a look at how the company is revolutionising the way we play games. Showcasing Nintendo's innovation – the DS handheld grabs the front cover of the premier issue and comes enclosed in an attention grabbing card wallet, showcasing the Nintendo Revolution and its amazing new controller. Inside, the magazine has a 12-page feature revealing Nintendo's plan for the Revolution and uncovers the 30% smaller Nintendo DS Lite, with tantalising information and images of both consoles.

Designed with a fresh contemporary look and feel and offering premium production values, the all-new Official Nintendo Magazine promises to appeal to a broader range of Nintendo gamers. The magazine will provide something for everyone, from long-term hardcore fans, through to those who have recently picked up a Nintendo console for the very first time.

Driving Future's vision for Official Nintendo Magazine is company veteran, Group Senior Editor Steve Jarratt, who was launch editor for respected games title, Edge. The magazine will be edited by Lee Nutter, formerly of PSW, joined by Associate Editor Chandra Nair, who joins Future from Highbury's unofficial Nintendo title, Cube. Official Nintendo Magazine will also include contributions from a wealth of respected games journalists including Margaret Robertson, Jes Bickham, Mark Green and Tim Weaver.

Boosting interactivity with readers of the magazine, Future will soon be launching a brand-new website for Official Nintendo Magazine, to be located at http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk – enabling fans to react and discuss the latest news from Nintendo as it happens, under the watchful eye of Online Editor, Tom East, former editor of Nintendo GameCube magazine NGC.

With unrivalled access to the biggest Nintendo-related stories, Official Nintendo Magazine speaks exclusively with the creators of Resident Evil: Deadly Silence, Megaman and Street Fighter, Capcom about their plans for Revolution. The four-page feature reveals what games will be coming to the new system and just how the company hopes to utilise the cutting-edge controller. Alongside the definitive preview of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, the launch issue of Official Nintendo Magazine has 32-pages of previews, showcasing the very best in forthcoming Nintendo DS, Game Boy Advance and Nintendo GameCube titles.

The first issue of Official Nintendo Magazine comes with an exclusive set of high-quality vinyl decals, featuring top games; Animal Crossing, Mario Kart DS and Nintendogs, allowing gamers to personalise their DS.

Group Publisher for Official Nintendo Magazine, James Binns said:

"Future is delighted to be working with Nintendo UK on the Official Nintendo Magazine, having already enjoyed a longstanding relationship with the company in France and Italy. Creating a magazine Nintendo fans can be proud of has been a labour of love for the experienced editorial team led by Steve Jarratt and Lee Nutter. There's always been a hardcore base of Nintendo gamers and with the remodelled DS and hotly-tipped Revolution the firm is likely to open things up even more to a wider audience of gamers, all looking for new ways to play."

Dawn Paine, Marketing Director, Nintendo UK, said:

"As Nintendo continues to revolutionise the world of gaming, 2006 is shaping up to be a great for Nintendo and we are very pleased to have Future on board with us to create a truly unique magazine for Nintendo fans of all ages."

Issue one of Official Nintendo Magazine goes on sale Thursday, 16th February, with a coverprice of £3.99.

I hope it'll be better than the last 4 years. I hope they make covers like EDGE or Games tm too.

This new issue already sounds more exciting.

Hmm remember when NOM were pimping their website that wasn't launched until like six months later, then was just C&VG? Good times.

Hope you guys enjoy the magazine when it hits the news stands on Thursday. I've not had a chance to see it yet, but the guys on the team really do live and breathe Nintendo.

Conor told me to come and check out the site, I'm very impressed!

Thursday ey?!...I'm gonna go get it...wish i could get Edge, but nowhere in the village does it -_- Tescos no, Fiveways no, Martins (Robinsons) no...heheh, cant be asked to sub to it!!

Hope you guys enjoy the magazine when it hits the news stands on Thursday. I've not had a chance to see it yet, but the guys on the team really do live and breathe Nintendo.

Conor told me to come and check out the site, I'm very impressed!

i take it you work for the magazine? it sounds like it's going to be amazing!! and NGC and edge out on the same day! gonna be a good week :D

I am really looking forward to reading it after i found it some of the NGC lads were writting for it.

I hope the team's made up of former CUBE and GAMES tm staff. That would be truly awsome.

Quite looking forward to this. All i care about is the content, if thats good then the team behind the mag is good in my opinion.

I haven't bought NOM for months, it's just so childish and lacks hardly any writing and to be honest it still consisted of loads of pokemon information last time i bought it. oh and loads of screenshots if i remember correctly.

I'm hoping for a much more mature mag this time round. (i've used that word alot today :) )

Hmm...I haven't bought an official Nintendo mag since just after they starting making them with a spine, however long ago that was.

The new team sounds pretty good, so hopefully ONM'll be a lot better than the last one, and more importantly appeal to people older than the last 'un, as implied in the press release.

I'll be checking it out on Thurs. :]

Well theres no-harm in not trying the first issue is there? :smile:

I've seen pics of the front covers and it doesn't look overly different, hopefully i'm proved wrong with the content inside!

I will get this new NOM when it comes out. I used to read it back when it was ONM and NOM, I still remember opening up onto the editorial and there was then Editor Simon Clays in his Villa shirt. Wonder what he's doing now.

btw, is it true somebody from CUBE Magazine is working on NOM now?

btw, is it true somebody from CUBE Magazine is working on NOM now?

Yep, from press release above: "... joined by Associate Editor Chandra Nair, who joins Future from Highbury's unofficial Nintendo title, Cube."

I'll give the new NOM (or ONM as it is now called) a go and see what it is like. Hope it appeals to the more mature Nintendo gamers more than the last one did