NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cheapshot

Kingdom Hearts 2 All Star Cast!

This is just nuts!

Taken from IGN

"The all-star ensemble voice cast is led by Haley Joel Osment ('The Sixth Sense,' 'A.I. Artificial Intelligence') as the main character Sora and is joined by David Gallagher ('7th Heaven') as Riku, and Hayden Panettiere ('Racing Stripes,' 'Raising Helen') as Kairi. Kingdom Hearts II will also feature the voice talents of Jesse McCartney ('Summerland,' Recording artist, 'Beautiful Soul' CD) as the mysterious boy Roxas, Brittany Snow ('The Pacifier,' 'American Dreams') as Namine, Christopher Lee ('Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,' 'Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring') as Diz; Steve Burton ('The Last Castle,' 'Taken') as Cloud, Rachael Leigh Cook ('She's All That,' 'Josie And The Pussycats') as Tifa and Mena Suvari ('American Beauty,' 'Rumor Has It') as Aerith, all characters from Final Fantasy VII; and Hedy Buress ('Boston Common,' 'If These Walls Could Talk'), Tara Strong ('Fairly OddParents: Shadow Showdown,' 'Teen Titans'), Gwendoline Yeo ('Desperate Housewives,' '24') as the popular female-trio Yuna, Rikku, Paine from Final Fantasy X-2. In addition, many of the original Disney film star voice actors are reprising their role for this project, including Ming-Na ('ER,' 'Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within') as Mulan, James Woods ('Be Cool'), returning as the villain Hades and Zach Braff ('Scrubs') as Chicken Little."

What do you guys make of this? 5 years ago this kind of cast for a VIDEOGAME was completely unheard of... gaming sure has come a long way! :smile:

This is just nuts!

Taken from IGN

"The all-star ensemble voice cast is led by Haley Joel Osment ('The Sixth Sense,' 'A.I. Artificial Intelligence') as the main character Sora and is joined by David Gallagher ('7th Heaven') as Riku, and Hayden Panettiere ('Racing Stripes,' 'Raising Helen') as Kairi. Kingdom Hearts II will also feature the voice talents of Jesse McCartney ('Summerland,' Recording artist, 'Beautiful Soul' CD) as the mysterious boy Roxas, Brittany Snow ('The Pacifier,' 'American Dreams') as Namine, Christopher Lee ('Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,' 'Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring') as Diz; Steve Burton ('The Last Castle,' 'Taken') as Cloud, Rachael Leigh Cook ('She's All That,' 'Josie And The Pussycats') as Tifa and Mena Suvari ('American Beauty,' 'Rumor Has It') as Aerith, all characters from Final Fantasy VII; and Hedy Buress ('Boston Common,' 'If These Walls Could Talk'), Tara Strong ('Fairly OddParents: Shadow Showdown,' 'Teen Titans'), Gwendoline Yeo ('Desperate Housewives,' '24') as the popular female-trio Yuna, Rikku, Paine from Final Fantasy X-2. In addition, many of the original Disney film star voice actors are reprising their role for this project, including Ming-Na ('ER,' 'Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within') as Mulan, James Woods ('Be Cool'), returning as the villain Hades and Zach Braff ('Scrubs') as Chicken Little."

What do you guys make of this? 5 years ago this kind of cast for a VIDEOGAME was completely unheard of... gaming sure has come a long way! :smile:

IO've actually heard of alot of them. Woah! I'm really looking forward to this and actually recognising a voice in a videogame might be a little weird.

Is David Boreanez (Angel from Buffy) still Squall? :wtf: I thought he suited squall's moody personality quite well.

Is David Boreanez (Angel from Buffy) still Squall? :wtf: I thought he suited squall's moody personality quite well.

Yeah im curious about that. At first I thought the wings on the back of his jacket were a nod to the show, but then realised it would have been Japanese originally.

Should really finish the first one...

Haley Joel Osment, shudder.

He actually does a great job of the main characters voice. Its good to see that they actually picked up one of the ten kids in showbiz that actually knows how to act for such a crucial role.

Looking forward to this lots - the last game was spot on with all of the voice talent and directing (just a pity about the drunken camera).

________

Medical Marijuana Card

Edited by Johelian

Jessica Alba in Advent Children!? *creams*

I thought Square-Enix had some deep pockets but man..!

Blah I wish they would save there money and just subtitle the thing. v.v;; So much more fun reading them potentially cringeworthy lines then actually hearing them. v.v

Blah I wish they would save there money and just subtitle the thing. v.v;; So much more fun reading them potentially cringeworthy lines then actually hearing them. v.v

I'm sure they'll have two audio tracks. But who knows, perhaps the dub will actually be — *Gasp* — good.

Personally I'm just looking forward to a proper translation as the fan-sub I've seen made things even more enigmatic then they already were. And then I had to try and explain it to someone who'd never played Final Fantasy VII...

The PS2 isn't exactly bereft of quality titles this year, is it? Coupled with the DS's lineup, my wallet is already bemoaning its emptiness. Sodding videogames.

I don't really care about "big names" that much. I just want the game, but everytime i check the "days till release" seems to be going up.

Yeah im curious about that. At first I thought the wings on the back of his jacket were a nod to the show, but then realised it would have been Japanese originally.

Should really finish the first one...

Finish the game. It has an awesome ending...very emotional. Also I agree Haley Joel Osment did a great job of the first game and seeing how the character has grown up in the second game it makes sense to still use him as the voice.

This is gonna be so awesome, NTSC version is coming on March 28th, argh i can't wait, who else is getting KH 2?

Finish the game. It has an awesome ending...very emotional. Also I agree Haley Joel Osment did a great job of the first game and seeing how the character has grown up in the second game it makes sense to still use him as the voice.

I have so many games to finish. Keep buying them from work and never finishing them...or starting them in most cases.

Sign in to follow this