Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

All-new PlayStation Plus: Premium / Deluxe | Extra | Essential

Julius

GQMkD-NWEAAfPbZ?format=jpg&name=large

It's such a shame Sony don't make games like this anymore. I loved their studios during the PS2 era. Ratchet and Clank, Sly Raccoon and Jak and Daxter easily gave Nintendo's output a run for its money during that generation. I think people are clamouring for more games like this, hence the hype for Astro Bot.

Probably the last platinum I earn in a while. The Euros will be eating away at all my free time now that they are in full swing. I'll be pretty much getting in from work and watching footy until 10pm. :D

• Like 1

Well, I wasn't planning on playing else anything during the early stages of the Euros but I got hit with covid and so have been bed ridden for the past couple of days. This being the case, I played through Daxter.

GQg6aW7W8AAG1Eh?format=jpg&name=large

Crazy what Ready at Dawn we're able to do with the PSP. It's still my second favourite game of the Jak series and it holds up pretty well. I was happy that I only had to collect half of the Precursor Orbs for the platinum. Don't think I have it in me at the moment to go find all 1000.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2024 at 7:07 AM, drahkon said:

It all depends on how well they work with a controller.

Well, FM24 is a nightmare.
The game just scrolls through the menus by itself. Seems to be a bug as it's been reported on the official forum. ::shrug:

Anno 1800 works just fine. Might give it a proper go soon :)

On 6/12/2024 at 9:46 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

GP5ay2iXEAE6xRG?format=jpg&name=large

Started playing this one. Loved it as a kid and it's giving me some nostalgia sadness :(

Finished the first level and aside from the absolutely atrocious camera controls, the game is a blast :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/2/2024 at 9:41 AM, drahkon said:

absolutely atrocious camera controls

sodumb-shoresy.gif

Reeeaaaally annoying :p

Anyways, made a bit of progress but still got lots of levels to go. Gonna get back to it today for a bit before I get absolutely hammered during the Euros!

• Like 2

As usual, a selection of games that are heading to PS+ has leaked.

Remnant 2 (PS5)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion (PS5, PS4)
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition (PS4)
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord (PS5, PS4)
No More Heroes 3 (PS5, PS4)
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes Complete Edition (PS4)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Comunicado oficial:

For Premium this month, we're getting Job Simulator as our VR2 titles, and for Classics?

Summoner (originally PS2)

Ratchet and Clank Size Matters (originally PSP)

Jeanne d'Arc (originally PSP)

Edited by Julius

9 minutes ago, Julius said:

Comunicado oficial:

For Premium this month, we're getting Job Simulator as our VR2 titles, and for Classics?

Summoner (originally PS2)

Ratchet and Clank Size Matters (originally PSP)

Jean d'Arc (originally PSP)

Amazing. :bouncy:

After I'm done with work this afternoon I'll have lots of freetime until Monday. I probably won't do any socializing as my social battery is pretty empty :D

Sooooooooooo...my plan is to finish Toy Story 2 and start one other classic game. It'll probably be The Legend of Dragoon as I'm in the mood for a JRPG.

@Hero-of-Time you've gotten the Platinum for that one, right? Any missables I need to look out for? :)

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

After I'm done with work this afternoon I'll have lots of freetime until Monday. I probably won't do any socializing as my social battery is pretty empty :D

Sooooooooooo...my plan is to finish Toy Story 2 and start one other classic game. It'll probably be The Legend of Dragoon as I'm in the mood for a JRPG.

@Hero-of-Time you've gotten the Platinum for that one, right? Any missables I need to look out for? :)

I think some can be missed once you go past the point of no return. There's a platinum walkthrough on PSNProfiles.

It will be interesting to see how you get on with the battle system.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2024 at 8:57 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

It will be interesting to see how you get on with the battle system.

Did not expect it to be input based. Seems fun so far, though. Granted, I've only done three fights :p

First actual monster I fought: Assassin Cock.

YES I LAUGHED.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, drahkon said:

Did not expect it to be input based. Seems fun so far, though. Granted, I've only done three fights :p

It can get a little tedious. Having to use certain moves in order to unlock the next one is not the kind of grinding I like in my JRPGs. I enjoyed the game but it's not without its faults.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!