Sign in to follow this  
Julius

E3 2021: Digital Edition (& other 2021 events)

A Dragon Quest 35th Anniversary stream draws near! :bouncy:

And yes, there will be an English stream (though it's at the ungodly time of 04:30 BST on 27th May for us):

For the first time in DRAGON QUEST history, the show will feature live interpretation from Japanese, so that our international fans can stay up-to-date with developments in the DRAGON QUEST series, too. Don’t miss it, or you’ll miss out!

Dragon Quest XII news? An update on that new Monsters game? An update on Infinity Strash? PORTS?!

Edited by Julius
  • Like 3

"Don't miss it, or you'll miss it!" Best marketing tagline

Anyway, I'll be hoping for a rerelease of the SNES games on Switch. Maybe DQIX as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

"Don't miss it, or you'll miss it!" Best marketing tagline

Anyway, I'll be hoping for a rerelease of the SNES games on Switch. Maybe DQIX as well.

Yeah, IV - VI are only going up in price on the resale market these days, so I hope so. 

I've actually had the DS remakes of IV and V sitting on my shelf for over a year now (I picked them up when I noticed a bit of a drop in their prices), but I've found myself putting them off as I've wanted to return to VIII. I have it on 3DS, but I find myself less inclined to play a game on a handheld these days (I just prefer a much bigger screen to look at), so would love a Dragon Quest VIII HD, with the QoL improvements of the 3DS version and the orchestral soundtrack, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high on that one. 

Would be nice to get a multiplatform collection of some of the games. I’ve only ever played some of VIII and XI so it’d be nice to try others.

Online portal and app details for E3 have been revealed. From the official site:

portal_announcement_2_lg.jpg

Registration for access to the online E3 portal will be free and begin later this month.

Beginning on June 12, the public version of the online portal will give access to:

• Exhibitor Booths – Featuring special events, VOD content and articles, exhibitor booths will act as hubs within the portal for key announcements and game information tied to each exhibitor
  • Lounges – Online gathering spots for all E3 attendees
  • Forums – Special boards for focused online discussion and sharing among attendees
  • Leaderboards – Gamified show elements that can be collected and displayed, encouraging fans to interact in as many ways as possible
  • Profile Creation – All attendees can create their own unique profiles within the portal and app, which can be customized

The online E3 2021 portal and app will also feature the E3 live broadcast, with interactive overlays powered by Hovercast. The graphics will be interactive across platforms, including viewer polls, featured tweets, and more. The broadcast will be hosted by Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez, Jacki Jing and Greg Miller and feature major publisher showcases, press conferences, industry panels, extended livestreams and special guest appearances.

Prior to June 12, a five-day long media week will utilize the online portal and app to help media gain early access to connect directly with E3 exhibitors. An online calendar tool will allow for scheduling appointments, while also including video conferencing and chat features as needed. Media registration and credentialing will begin later this month.

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this