NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2020-21

Own goals has already won the golden boot, it's just rubbing it in now. You have to applaud Own goals hunger for success.

• Haha 3

Game on! 

7 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Ha, I still think the keeper should have controlled it. Especially at this level with tippy-tappy play it out from the back philosophy goalies adhere to.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, he's a professional footballer and should be able to sort his feet out in time before it gets to him. I just think he lost his concentration and wasn't ready for the speed, curve, or bounce of it. Passing back is always dangerous, but if you're going to do it, you should put as little pressure on your 'keeper as possible -- it shouldn't have enough pace on it to make the net move! 

10 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Meant to get your thoughts on that penalty Spain were awarded against Slovakia, if you remember it? The way I saw it, the Slovak defender was already into the slide tackle motion before the Spaniard nipped in and won the penalty. So, I thought Slovakia were hard done by on that one. You?

Completely agree, I don't think it should've been a penalty either, and I'm surprised it was given: it was clear to me that the defender had no idea where Koke had got to.

If I'm remembering right it wasn't even a tackle, the defender knew he was under pressure and was winding up to boot it out, but Koke was crafty and, like you said, jumped in front of it. 

17 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Own goals has already won the golden boot, it's just rubbing it in now. You have to applaud Own goals hunger for success.

Prolific! :laughing: 

8 minutes ago, Julius said:

Completely agree, I don't think it should've been a penalty either, and I'm surprised it was given: it was clear to me that the defender had no idea where Koke had got to.

If I'm remembering right it wasn't even a tackle, the defender knew he was under pressure and was winding up to boot it out, but Koke was crafty and, like you said, jumped in front of it. 

Totally. When they checked it I thought there was absolutely zero chance it'd be given, then forgot to get your opinion on it since you've always got the latest rule book at hand to clarify these things. :p

This is set up for Modric to win it and be a villain in Spain. :D  

• Like 1

Spain deserved that. Crazy that's Azpi's first international goal (until you remember he barely played because of Carvajal at least). 

Pedri completely running the show so far in this second half. Very mature in his composure and awareness for 18, think he'll end up being an absolute steal for Barça in the years to come. 

Edited by Julius

Watching Rebić be subbed off and slow down as he walked along the byline before coming to a stop just next to the goal to cheer his team on for a moment was very funny :laughing:

Spain have plenty to thank the Premier League for. Oh and would you look at that, see what can happen when you get the ball down the pitch and go for goal! Not rocket science is it!

First impression was definitely that Spain somehow managed to keep that out, but that replay showed it was clearly well over. Thank goodness for goal line technology, extremely underrated piece of tech since it's come in. 

Will always think that they should effectively have a (much more) dynamic version of that with chipped boots to help figure out offsides and track player's feet specifically. Considering fingertips, elbows, a dip in the grass -- I really think it's just taking the wording of the rules too far. 

57 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

This is set up for Modric to win it and be a villain in Spain. :D  

Dude this is still on. :o 

Oh wow. Momentum was definitely swinging Croatia's way, but I wasn't expecting them to capitalise on it.

Luis Enrique will be kicking his teeth right now with his substitutions, they're missing their strength. Koke is one hell of a fighter in midfield, Ferran Torres has been lethal up front, and Sarabia has perhaps been their best player in the tournament for them so far. 

Of course it was Morata. 

Thunderous strike, absolutely deserved based on the rest of his game today! 

Insane match of football, great stuff. 

Hope Luis Enrique has learned his lesson tonight, for Spain's sake -- those substitutions towards the end of the second half very nearly cost them the game. 

Edited by Julius

Well, that's not a scoreline I imagine most of us expected to see tonight with Switzerland taking the lead. 

EDIT: funny thing is I had to tune in on my phone and just caught it as it loaded that match. ITV Hub app has been frozen in the corner in the 4th minute for a good 20 minutes or so now... :(

Edited by Julius

Xhaka is bossing that midfield - and why? Because Pogba is useless as a defensive operator in midfield. I feel it needs saying, because everyone praises him for France, and wonders how it is United ruin him. Well here you go, this is the other side of the coin. 

I imagine the French will change to a back 4 and have an leveller by the 60th.

The hoops I've had to jump through to catch the rest of this game...I'm currently having to watch it through a free trial to ITV Hub+ on Prime Video. Such a pain. 

But great timing, great goal by Benzema. Mind taking this to extra time please guys? I've missed the rest of it :laughing:

1 minute ago, Julius said:

Mind taking this to extra time please guys? I've missed the rest of it :laughing:

Well, never mind then. Not even two minutes later, France really turning it on, and now they're ahead. 

Great build-up play, that back heel from Mbappé was a beaut

Edited by Julius

France are going to tear them apart here. Spare a thought for Ricardo Rodriguez - not even a terrible penalty, just a great save, then has to watch 2 go in in the next 5 mins. 

Beautiful from Pogba. 

Shame he ruined it with the celebration but whatever :p

Oh my goodness, game on again. How many times is that today? Great day of football! 

France definitely took their foot off the pedal a bit there. 

WHAT HAS TONIGHT BEEN?! This might be one of the single most enthralling nights in international football history. 

Another last minute equaliser. Can see Deschamps regretting bringing off Griezmann...

Crossbar from Coman after wonderful feet from Sissoko in the corner. 

Being a neutral is the best :laughing: naturally this means tomorrow will be a boring 1-0 win for Germany against us

Sign in to follow this