NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2020-21

Can't believe Bale missed that. On his favoured left foot, 8 yards out, should've been a simple one for him. 

Hard to believe Italy are only 1-0 up. They might end up regretting that they didn't take any of their earlier chances. 

11 minutes ago, Julius said:

I think it was late, for sure, the red just seems harsh in the context that it probably wouldn't be a red in the Prem or some of the other leagues.

Aye, more argy-bargy in the premier league than most places but I think going in with studs like that is still a straight red all day long? ::shrug: 

2 minutes ago, Julius said:

Can't believe Bale missed that. On his favoured left foot, 8 yards out, should've been a simple one for him. 

His caddy's to blame. :laughing: 

2 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Aye, more argy-bargy in the premier league than most places but I think going in with studs like that is still a straight red all day long? ::shrug: 

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a pretty challenge, just feel like we've seen a lot of those late stamps given as yellows before is all. Could have gone either way - it's definitely a card - but given that Bernadeschi got up pretty quickly too probably makes it a particularly hard pill for Ampadu to swallow. 

Subbing off Donnarumma had me chuckling :laughing:

13 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Another goalkeeper stepping up after the heroics of Alisson Becker in the run-in!

As incredible as that moment was, I was relieved Hartlepool ending up getting the promotion. I'm getting a season ticket there for the new season, and League 2 is way more inviting than the National League.

All I could think of was Jeff Stelling vs Helen Chamberlain. :laughing:

3 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

As incredible as that moment was, I was relieved Hartlepool ending up getting the promotion. I'm getting a season ticket there for the new season, and League 2 is way more inviting than the National League.

Nice one! Will be sure to keep an eye on their results next season.

Frustrating first half for Belgium, a few chances but nothing really clearcut, but excellent team effort to defend by Finland.

Would love to see them go through and frustrate some of the other teams. 

Finland clinging onto second spot in the group but if Belgium can be bothered to take it up gear...?

Rooting for Denmark, but a lot has to still go right for them if they’re going to go through. Lovely goal at least. 

17 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Finland clinging onto second spot in the group but if Belgium can be bothered to take it up gear...?

They're definitely ramping up the pressure, I'd be surprised if Belgium didn't nick one, but Finland seen to have coped well so far. 

10 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Rooting for Denmark, but a lot has to still go right for them if they’re going to go through. Lovely goal at least. 

Yeah, great goal! Damsgaard has had a really good tournament, his embarrassing dive aside. 

They've just got another goal too, fingers crossed for them, they need to bump their goal difference to a bit I think to be in with any chance if they do end up being in third place. I'm sure they'll be hoping Belgium can put one away too. 

Edited by Julius

15 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

I'm liking that Finland kit but I think I'm on for Denmark too, though that could mostly be as I want to see some chopping and changing in the group standings. Live, Lukaku looked offside I thought, but in the replay he looked on... show me the lines!

8 minutes ago, Julius said:

They're definitely ramping up the pressure, I'd be surprised if Belgium didn't nick one, but Finland seen to have coped well so far. 

Yeah, they are turning the screw in the second half. That Lukaku attempt aside, it seems like they are mostly trying to get Hazard a goal. ::shrug: 

2 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

How has that been struck off?

I seriously hate VAR, but especially when it comes to offside. That's ridiculous. Can we call this foot size discrimination? Because if Lukaku's feet were a bit smaller then he wouldn't have been offside. It was a lovely pass and finish too. 

Everything going against Denmark right now after that and the Russia penalty. Going to be an interesting 20 minutes (I hope). 

4 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

How has that been struck off?

Not a baldy! Still waiting for a good replay on it. :confused:

Finally looks like Belgium have the goal. Unlucky for the Finland keeper, but Belgium are more than good for that lead.

That Lukaku offside was ridiculous, I told @Fierce_LiNk it would just be his toes being offside or something silly. I was right. 

Good to see we finally got a goal though, even if it is an own goal from the goalkeeper. :laughing:

Another twist, had a feeling that corner for Belgium might lead to something. Unlucky for the Finland goalkeeper, but come on Denmark, you or Belgium need another to make it safe!  

Edited by Julius

*totally forgot that we had a football thread here to chat in*

This group is pretty interesting, tbf. Finland have gone from second to bottom of the group. One goal chances everything.

Sign in to follow this