N-Europe

Activision's Revolution!

Sooj

In a conference yesterday morning, Activision's CEO confirmed that the company will be developing for Nintendo's next-generation console, the Revolution. He also confirmed that they have games under development already and that at least one of them will be available within four months of the Revolution's launch. Although no release date was given, he did say it would be ready for Activision's fiscal 2007, which could mean anywhere from April 2006 to March 2007. This could very well mean it may be a launch title as well. No word yet on what game it is but it still sounds good. It's probably Tony Hawk, or Call of Duty, or one of their other franchises, but hopefully it's something new that makes good use of the Revolution's capabilities..

Source: IGN

=====================

According to Gamefront Activision has 1 game planned for the Revolution for the time schedule of April 2006 - March 2007.

Playstation 3: 3 games

Xbox360: 4 games

PSP: 5 games

So Activision is not actually that happy with the Revolution so far or at least doesn't think much will change.

According to Gamefront Activision has 1 game planned for the Revolution for the time schedule of April 2006 - March 2007.

Playstation 3: 3 games

Xbox360: 4 games

PSP: 5 games

So Activision is not actually that happy with the Revolution so far or at least doesn't think much will change.

Yeah but then how many of them are multi-format? Most, if not all. This 1 game they are talking about will be exclusive I believe obviously I am no insider so I can be wrong but I believe that this 1 game will be exclusive and hopefully we will also be getting those multiformat games as well.

Activision are actually working on not one but 3 titles. But I was disappointed when I heard this news that they will only have one titles until march 07. So 3 other big companies Ubisoft,EA,THQ will have greater support in the first few months than Activision.

Support is essential, and hopefully this game is a brand new exclusive IP. Let the PS3 and 360 have their sequels.

Even if the sequels are bad and most games that come out are, when you see ad that says for PS3 and XBOX360 and no Revolution that just adds to the notion that Rev sucks. This happened a lot with GC. So it's really important that Nintendo convinces developers to port games to Revolution too.

PLAYING ANY SHOOTER ON 360 OR PS3 ANY GAME FOR THAT MATTER, SEEMS DAFT TO ME WEN I GO IN A GAMING SHOP AND SEE 360 PADS ALL OVER THE PLACE ALL I THINK IS BUT THATS OBSELETE NOW WHY WOULD I GAME NXT GEN WITH THAT,, IT MAKES NO SENCE THE GAMING SIDE OF 360 JUST SEEMS SO OBSELETE TO ME THE SAME WAY PSP SEEMS POINTLESS AS A HANDHELD GAMES M/C WEN COMPARED TO DS.. I DONT GET IT, IT DOSE NOT TAKE A GINIUS TO WORK THIS OUT AND SONY FANS HAVE THE CHEEK TO CALL NINTY FANS FANBOYS... WE SUPPORT WOTS RIGHT NOT BUY A PSP JUST BECOUSE ITS A SONY OR A PLAYSTATION BRAND AND COMPLEATLY MISS THE POINT THAT PSP AS A GAMING DEVICE AND AS A ITEM OF DESENT BUILD QOULITY IS JUST NAFF AND SEEMS UTTERLY POINTLESS

Activision are actually working on not one but 3 titles. But I was disappointed when I heard this news that they will only have one titles until march 07. So 3 other big companies Ubisoft,EA,THQ will have greater support in the first few months than Activision.

They said at least one game, so there might actually be 3.