NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Turnip Prices Thread - Playing The Market In New Horizons

4 minutes ago, Tales said:

What's a good a price?

Anything close to or above 200 is good. Above 300 is very good. And I'd say anything from 400 to 800 is extraordinarily good.

Really though if you are buying turnips at around 90 bells each and then sell for at least 180 then you are doubling your starting investment. With enough of us on here you're likely to get at least one reasonably good sale price; the trouble is if it's in the morning (pre-12) as not everyone can host or be online during work hours...

Edited by Sheikah
  • Like 1

50 down to 45 for me today. So we’ll see how it goes. 
Monday is not usually gonna get you a high price to sell. Mid week will be when you can tell how your prices are going to go. 

43 - 105 at mine today. 

Didn’t buy any Turnips on the first Sunday, but have almost 3000 to sell this time! Hopefully someone gets a good price this week. :hehe: 

Is there an up-to-date guide on turnip price trends? I found some guidance for what seems to be New Leaf (as my current trend doesn't fit any of those mentioned).

I wonder even if some kind of tracker might be beneficial to predict the spikes. I'm thinking a Google Sheet or some such.

I just got the back room added to my house (expecting to pay it off with this week's Stalk Market), and man, moving the turnips to the back room floor in portable mode with joy-con drift was like playing a slot machine every time I opened the menu. *please don't eat the turnips please don't eat the turnips please don't eat the turnips*

60 Bells this afternoon. :blank:

Edited by darksnowman
PM Stalk Market update
  • Haha 1

40 to 37 here. Seems very similar to last week for me. So I may get a small spike later in the week. 

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:

Is there an up-to-date guide on turnip price trends? I found some guidance for what seems to be New Leaf (as my current trend doesn't fit any of those mentioned).

I wonder even if some kind of tracker might be beneficial to predict the spikes. I'm thinking a Google Sheet or some such.

I don’t know if any but I suspect it to be similar. For the previous games I started my own simple spreadsheet where I was putting in the prices each day to find any pattern. 

56 this morning. I just got freaked out by the bunny character, Zipper, when I left the shop because I spoke to him earlier on one of the upper tiers of the island and didn't expect him to move from his spot. :eek:

• Weird 1

172 bells this morning. I feel that yesterday's 174 might have been my peak...

I jumped up to 120 this morning and down to 110 this afternoon. So probably no spike for me this week. Hope someone gets a good price. 

My prices crashed this afternoon. I started from 90 and peaked at 163 bells yesterday afternoon and from 144 bells this morning down to 74 this afternoon. Looks as though I'll have to find better prices at others islands.

• Sad 1

I’ve hard ridiculously low prices all week so hoping for a spike at the end of the week. 

Someone had 603 bells on GAF last night but I was sleeping :nono:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ugh first aid said:

199 bells for Turnips in my town today!

Not the worst! Did you sell or are you holding out for a bit more?