NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Friend Codes, Fruit, Trading and Photo Thread For Animal Crossing

11 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

How do you want the answers. I think I know it. I’ll just post here. The entire 3Rd level is covered in flowers, no were to put anything down, so no path

Nice try, but that’s not it.

I have another clue, but it’ll pretty much reveal the answer I reckon, so I’ll wait a while before posting it. :hehe:

Remember, it’s something unusual. ;)  

Edited by RedShell

Anything to do with this area? I can walk between those two raised areas. 

or the spooky design behind the house in top left. 

14 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Ok. It must be the trash bin behind the museum. 

Nope. Already tried that one myself :D

____

It is Raddles Birthday today on Eternia. If anyone would like to bring a gift I can open up :)  

And we have a winner, @Katie submitted the correct answer via PM! :cool:

I’ll post the details shortly. Thanks to everyone that took part. :) 

• Like 2

Ok, so the unusual thing on my island is that your character will only leave footprints on the small section of beach directly south of my home, not on the rest of the beach areas! Likewise the sound of footsteps are pretty much muted when moving around on the footprint-less areas of beach! :D

Now the reason for this is because I have covered the all of the beach (except that section near my house) with transparent floor patterns. As many of you will no doubt be aware, placing floor patterns prevents things from spawning in that particular location, which is useful for stopping weeds/fossils ect. appearing where you don't want them to. ;) I'd been using this technique in several areas of my map already and one day thought, how about trying it on the beach. Now, why would you want to do that on the beach? I hear you ask. Well, it turns out you can use it to force all of the Manila Clams to only spawn in a certain location (in this case, directly outside my house) also increasing their rate of appearance (this was actually another potential way to solve the mystery for the competition BTW). Not only that, it makes collecting Gulliver's communicator parts super quick! Got 'em all within seconds the last time he visited. :laughing:

So yeah, it just started out as an experiment really, but when I noticed that it also removed footprints I decided to make a game out of it. :grin:

Anyway, thanks once again to everyone who visited for this, and congratulations to Katie! You are officially the most observant Animal Crossing player on N-E! :hehe:

:peace:

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Ok, so the unusual thing on my island is that your character will only leave footprints on the small section of beach directly south of my home, not on the rest of the beach areas! Likewise the sound of footsteps are pretty much muted when moving around on the footprint-less areas of beach! :D

Now the reason for this is because I have covered the all of the beach (except that section near my house) with transparent floor patterns. As many of you will no doubt be aware, placing floor patterns prevents things from spawning in that particular location, which is useful for stopping weeds/fossils ect. appearing where you don't want them to. ;) I'd been using this technique in several areas of my map already and one day thought, how about trying it on the beach. Now, why would you want to do that on the beach? I hear you ask. Well, it turns out you can use it to force all of the Manila Clams to only spawn in a certain location (in this case, directly outside my house) also increasing their rate of appearance (this was actually another potential way to solve the mystery for the competition BTW). Not only that, it makes collecting Gulliver's communicator parts super quick! Got 'em all within seconds the last time he visited. :laughing:

So yeah, it just started out as an experiment really, but when I noticed that it also removed footprints I decided to make a game out of it. :grin:

Anyway, thanks once again to everyone who visited for this, and congratulations to Katie! You are officially the most observant Animal Crossing player on N-E! :hehe:

:peace:

Brilliant and top tip! 
Although I didn’t get it, I now know every inch of your island :p so there is that! 

Edited by Aneres11
  • Haha 4

Wow well done. I think I got seriously close with my PM'd guess, I was just searching for the quiet floor on the grass, I forgot about the beach!! 

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 2

Thanks @RedShell I would never have gotten it without your clues! I didn't realise part of your beach was different at first so I popped home to make sure I wasn't imagining it :hehe:

• Haha 2

Good fun! 
I liked this a lot RedShell, so will do something similar soon. 
I am going to hide an item in my island, have you all over at a time that suits, and the person who finds the item gets to keep it. :D 

Hide and seek, basically! 
Stay tuned for the deets!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Brilliant and top tip! 
Although I didn’t get it, I now know every inch of your island :p so there is that! 

Me too. 

8 minutes ago, Katie said:

Thanks @RedShell I would never have gotten it without your clues! I didn't realise part of your beach was different at first so I popped home to make sure I wasn't imagining it :hehe:

so that’s why you went and then came back 5 minutes later whilst I was on his island too. Well done. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aneres11 said:

Good fun! 
I liked this a lot RedShell, so will do something similar soon. 
I am going to hide an item in my island, have you all over at a time that suits, and the person who finds the item gets to keep it. :D 

Hide and seek, basically! 
Stay tuned for the deets!

Cool. :) 

3 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

It is Raddles Birthday today on Eternia. If anyone would like to bring a gift I can open up :)  

Ooh! Any chance I could pop over for that? 

7 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Cool. :) 

Ooh! Any chance I could pop over for that? 

Sure! Will log on and open up. 

• Thanks 1

Sounded like fun @RedShell, too bad you were open while I was watching a film, or I'd have taken a look.

Can someone make me a pile of zen cushions, if I send 3 over? I do not have the recipe.

Edited by Sméagol

:laughing: Cheers @Aneres11.

BTW, I said 20 birthdays left to go for the Nook Miles a minute ago, but it’s actually not. Having just unlocked the last slot I can see that it’s 20 birthdays in total. Not too bad then. :hehe: 

I know Marina’s birthday is this month too, so that’s potentially a few more right there as she’s on mine plus some other N-E islands I believe, and you can celebrate the same animal’s birthday on multiple islands while still increasing the Nook Miles total. :cool: 

9 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Sounded like fun @RedShell, too bad you were open while I was watching a film, or I'd have taken a look.

Can someone make me a pile of zen cushions, if I send 3 over? I do not have the recipe.

Don’t have the recipe either I’m afraid. :hmm: 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I have the recipe on Cinnabar if you want to send them over. 

Does anyone have the fishing rod item? I think it was only from the fishing comp in April? It’s the rack of fishing rods? Not sure if it can be reordered with it being an event item. 

• Thanks 1

Does anyone have a spare Water Flooring or Underwater Wall DIY recipe that they’d be willing to trade for a Tropical Vista one?

I didn’t think you were supposed to get duplicate seasonal DIY recipes before collecting the entire set first, but apparently you can. :blank:

7 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Does anyone have the fishing rod item? I think it was only from the fishing comp in April? It’s the rack of fishing rods? Not sure if it can be reordered with it being an event item. 

It can’t be ordered, no. 
But I happen to have a spare one if you’d like it. :)

19 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I have the recipe on Cinnabar if you want to send them over. 

Cool, will do, thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Does anyone have a spare Water Flooring or Underwater Wall DIY recipe that they’d be willing to trade for a Tropical Vista one?

Geez, spare summer items already? :p

I mean I got quite a few now, but no spares, and not enough summer shells to make 'm. :blank:

Edit:

Crap, @Aneres11, I didn't know there was a limit on the number of gifts you can send to one person (it's 2 max).. Can I bring the 3rd cushion personally later?

Edited by Sméagol

13 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I didn’t think you were supposed to get duplicate seasonal DIY recipes before collecting the entire set first, but apparently you can. :blank:

It can’t be ordered, no. 
But I happen to have a spare one if you’d like it. :)

Ahh i would love it if you don’t mind?! I can return an item or bells or do some watering in return? 

8 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Cool, will do, thanks in advance!

I mean I got quite a few now, but no spares, and not enough summer shells to make 'm. :blank:

Edit:

Crap, @Aneres11, I didn't know there was a limit on the number of gifts you can send to one person (it's 2 max).. Can I bring the 3rd cushion personally later?

Yeah bring it to Eternia though and I’ll then deliver it to Cinnabar :p 

Im not ready for visitors there yet haha. 

Yep. :hehe: 

Is it just the plain white cushion? I could send one to him.

2 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Ahh i would love it if you don’t mind?! I can return an item or bells or do some watering in return? 

Watering! :D 

5 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Yep. :hehe: 

Is it just the plain white cushion? I could send one to him.

Watering! :D 

Sure. Let me know when is best to come over! :) 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Aneres11 said:

Sure. Let me know when is best to come over! :) 

Can come over right now if you like.

• Like 1