NEurope
Dcubed

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

Bet he immediately threw the console/controller in the bin and said "why would anyone play this?"

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 2

Played Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising this morning for a few hours.

There are fetch-quests galore. But you do get some materials for upgrading equipment as rewards which is nice. I do like me some incremental upgrades in RPGs :p

The game's gorgeous but other than that it's nothing special. Combat is barebones and easy/boring. Exploration is relatively straightforward, which is weird given that it's apparently a Metroidvania.

The story has barely been noteworthy, so far...doubt it'll change much.

So yeah...mediocre in all aspects but I spent 3 hours with it today so I guess this is happening.

Edited by drahkon

Just a quick FYI, the PS5 seems to be having a bunch of download errors at the moment. 

I'd just deleted BG3 to make space for GTA V (I really need to get around to cleaning out my captures...), so, guess that's not getting installed and now I'm a BG3 down :laughing:

EDIT: seems to be resolved, so time to load up and drive around an airport some :p

Edited by Julius

23 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's only 10-15 hours long anyway, so it's not exactly a long game.

Good.

I think I'll just do a quick story playthrough then to see where it's going. It's not a good game...

On 12/9/2023 at 12:13 PM, drahkon said:

I think I'll just do a quick story playthrough then to see where it's going. It's not a good game...

Nope...I'm done, Easily some of the worst combat mechanics I've ever experienced in a 2D-game coupled with boring backtracking and fetch quests up the ass.

Deleted it and it will never be installed again.

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

I've accepted the fact that I most likely won't finish more than one game this year. Not really into playing anything other than CoD: MWIII on my PS5 these days for whatever reason. So I decided to set myself one goal: Finish Kaze and the Wild Masks before 2024 hits.

It apparently isn't a very long game, but given my lack of motivation and time it may be a close call :p

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Finish Kaze and the Wild Masks before 2024 hits.

I played through it this year and loved it. It's very much a love letter to the Donkey Kong Country series and isn't afraid to show this. It's a cracking indie game and a fun platinum to nab.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

Oh look, it's another one of those posts where H-o-T brags about having a Platinum.

eyeroll-annoyed.gif

:p

I'm now halfway through the second world and yeah, it's great fun :peace: Trying to get all the gems/crowns/stuff in one level before moving on and it's been challenging at times. Especially the time trials.

36 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Oh look, it's another one of those posts where H-o-T brags about having a platinum.

Fixed it for you.

Can't sleep so I downloaded Powerwash Simulator. Never understood the appeal but I like giving games the benefit of the doubt.
Main menu loaded up and I was immediately greeted with a "look, we have DLC that you can buy"-popup. :nono:

Anyways, turned off the game's music, put on some music by The Beaches (great band by the way) and I've be been playing this for 60 minutes straight.

I get it now. :D

19 hours ago, drahkon said:

Noooo, I was just joking :p

I know you love a good platinum hunt. That's why I made this for you...

Spoiler

ImageGBIe64YXMAAQghw?format=jpg&name=360x360ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I know you love a good platinum hunt. That's why I made this for you...

Reveal hidden contents

ImageGBIe64YXMAAQghw?format=jpg&name=360x360ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Impressive.

How's the platinum for Jumping Flash!? I always wanted to try that one.

And did you enjoy Humanity? It started out great but turned out to be too much of a timing-based puzzler for me...

Aaaaand one more question: I recently started that Klonoa collection. Do you have to collect all the crystals in each level or are the 6 weird creatures enough?

Edited by drahkon

51 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Impressive.

How's the platinum for Jumping Flash!? I always wanted to try that one.

And did you enjoy Humanity? It started out great but turned out to be too much of a timing-based puzzler for me...

Aaaaand one more question: I recently started that Klonoa collection. Do you have to collect all the crystals in each level or are the 6 weird creatures enough?

Plat for Jumping Flash is pretty easy. Only takes a few hours or so.

Loved Humanity. It's one of the best puzzlers I've played. It's so clever.

For Klonoa, IIRC, I don't think you need all of the crystals in each stage. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Plat for Jumping Flash is pretty easy. Only takes a few hours or so.

Sweet :D

Loved Humanity. It's one of the best puzzlers I've played. It's so clever.

Gotta agree, it's very clever. I just don't care for timing based puzzles. It frustrates me when I figure out the solution, set everything up and then the timing is slightly off and you have to rewind/start again. Pisses me off. :laughing:

For Klonoa, IIRC, I don't think you need all of the crystals in each stage. 

Wonderful. I can't seem to find any info on that online and I missed one in the first stage so that annoyed me to no end :p

Speaking of Klonoa: I've never played it before but the first game of that collection is pretty fun. At least from my experience with the first two levels.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

It's the most depressing time,
Screenshot-20231212-181414-2.png
of the yeeeeeeeear!

Not a great year for me.

It's the most depressing time,
Screenshot-20231212-181414-2.png
of the yeeeeeeeear!

Not a great year for me.
To be fair I spent even less time than that playing a PS4.

Don't ask me about my PS5 though

16 hours ago, drahkon said:

My year in short:

Call of Duty

Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

The amount of Platinum trophies doesn't seem right. My trusty excel sheet only shows 22 and I'm pretty sure I've counted them correctly.

My top 5 make it seem like I'm one of those "only buys a PS for CoD and Fifa type of players" :laughing:

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1