N-Europe

Destiny Connect

Sméagol

9 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Sooooo. Earthbound? Because that's Earthbound.

Or Undertale. That fits too.

I realise others exist, I'm just (personally) bored of JRPGs that revolve around the same cliched fantasy settings, so it's nice to see something different here.

17 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I realise others exist, I'm just (personally) bored of JRPGs that revolve around the same cliched fantasy settings, so it's nice to see something different here.

It's probably because the quirky RPG games typically don't sell very well. Earthbound in particular was a infamous flop, so game companies tend to steer away from that.

Indie RPG's are much more likely to veer wildly from the fantasy setting.

• 7 months later...

Looks like this game flew under the radar and I don't mean just on here but everywhere. I checked my trophy sites that I visit, gamefaqs and even Era and it seems that hardly anyone picked the game up. That would explain the lower than usual price I picked it up for on Shopto last week. Anyway, I finished the game today.

EIeS8RqXUAAGa0q.jpg

I've still got a few trophies to mop up but I think thy will take some time to unlock. They require a hell of a lot of grinding.

The game is a short but sweet experience. I clocked the game in around 12-13 hours and I had zero troubles with the difficulty level throughout my adventure. In fact the game is VERY easy. I didn't really have to grind levels and my whole team was maxed out with around 3-4 chapters left to go. Given the visuals and the lack of difficulty I think the game is aimed at the younger market and it would be a good entry point for anyone looking to get their kids into the genre. It's also a good JRPG to play if you want a short experience. It was certainly refreshing playing this coming soon of off Ni No Kuni. 

It's a light hearted, enjoyable game but I wouldn't recommend you pay full price for it. If you are interested in it then best wait until it's on sale. Given that it has bombed everywhere, I imagine that it will drop pretty quickly. Although it was published by NISA and they have a tendency of not publishing very many copies of certain games.

• Like 3

I like the concept and had a little interest in it, but it also reminds me of Costume Quest and while that wasn't bad it was clearly not targeted at me or someone with a lot of experience in the genre. It seems that this is probably the same, then. Thanks for your impressions. :) 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I like the concept and had a little interest in it, but it also reminds me of Costume Quest and while that wasn't bad it was clearly not targeted at me or someone with a lot of experience in the genre. It seems that this is probably the same, then. Thanks for your impressions. :) 

That's a very good comparison. I played and loved Costume Quest back when it was released on the 360 and yeah this game does feel that in a lot of ways. 

As I thought, it took 7 hours of pure grinding to get my final trophies.

EIo8ZjWW4AMn_aL?format=jpg&name=small

You had to fully upgrade Isaac but the problem was that to do this required you to get certain random drops from enemies. I had to just keep fighting enemies over and over again and hope that I would get what I needed. Why is it the developers of JRPGs keep putting these types of trophies in their games? I suppose a better question to ask would be why do I keep going for platinum trophies? :laughing: