N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Hero-of-Time

46 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

But then I thought with Pyra and Mythra up B for Pyra she said Dominant Purple :laughing:

I've always heard it as "Prominence Revolt!" and for context, I did play some of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, so it might have filtered in from those twenty-odd hours I spent playing it.

21 hours ago, S.C.G said:

I've always heard it as "Prominence Revolt!" and for context, I did play some of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, so it might have filtered in from those twenty-odd hours I spent playing it.

To be fair, play any Xenoblade game for a certain amount of time, and those voice clips will live rent-free in your head!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Right, gonna have to shelve Team Battle, I'm expecting 5 of us tonight. So, a different theme tonight. One suggested by @S.C.G.

A Tribute to Rachael Lillis

fLg5k2J.png

I'm sure you're aware of this, but we had some sad news recently. Rachael Lillis, best known for being the original voice actress of Misty and Jesse in the Pokémon anime passed away. Neither of those characters appear in this game, but she is the voice of Jigglypuff and Goldeen.
So S.C.G suggested a theme as a tribute. Sound idea, but I looked up her numerous roles, and while she is a prominent voice actress in anime, outside of Pokémon, she's only really appeared in a single Pac-Man game, and Sonic X. I'm kind of limited here.

So, I'm killing two birds with one stone

This is a stealth Pokémon theme. Yes, @BowserBasher, we're doing it! You can stop asking now!

GVJ5Pr6XAAAixhS?format=jpg&name=large

Stages are all the Pokémon, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Smash ones.

GVJ5PoLWIAAff3X?format=jpg&name=large

Items are only Poké Balls and Master Balls. First person to find Goldeen in a Master Ball wins the whole night!

Format: 3 Stock
FS Meter: On

See you at 8pm.

• Thanks 1
  • Weird 1

Thanks for the games. :smile:

First below, second part, here...

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (17/08/2024)

- - - - -

Edited by S.C.G

OK, yeah. 10 minutes left. Not much point in trying again.

It was definitely on our end, something up with the router. Sorry about that.

EDIT: All that aside, @Ike and I were having some insane 1V1 finales!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

EDIT: All that aside, @Ike and I were having some insane 1V1 finales!

Yeah, good games.

I'm still trying to work out how Bayo's f-smash hit when I was behind you. :laughing:

8 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Lots of fun matches tonight, shame about the disconnects. Hopefully it’ll be better next week. 
Thanks @Ike for noticing me and @S.C.G started playing another 30 minutes. Those were some fun matches. 

Oh good, I was worried I was intruding.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the games. :smile:

(and thanks for the extra games during the last half hour of the stream, some fun Byleth Versus Bowser Versus Terry matches there)

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (24/08/2024)

- - - - -

36 minutes ago, Ike said:

I'm still trying to work out how Bayo's f-smash hit when I was behind you. :laughing:

It's my favourite thing about it! The big fist spawns just a bit behind her, so if you're practically touching her with a decently sized character, it'll still hit.
And as a bonus, Bayonetta's actual fist does have a hitbox as well, it doesn't do much damage, but it does confirm the proper hit if you nail it.

Downside is that characters with low crouches (Kirby), can dodge it by standing right in front of her and ducking. Ultimate styling there, if you pull it off!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

It's my favourite thing about it! The big fist spawns just a bit behind her, so if you're practically touching her with a decently sized character, it'll still hit.
And as a bonus, Bayonetta's actual fist does have a hitbox as well, it doesn't do much damage, but it does confirm the proper hit if you nail it.

Downside is that characters with low crouches (Kirby), can dodge it by standing right in front of her and ducking. Ultimate styling there, if you pull it off!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1